PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3: Who Told You to Stop Playing?

SunWuKong
09-09-2007, 01:49 AM
OK, I don't know if this will help anyone but since I didn't see it mentioned I thought I'd post how I beat the Chapter 3 level - Who Told You to Stop Playing.

I was getting my rear kicked on "normal" on that level for some reason until I ran to the far left corner (from where you start). There was a little bar area and a Origami Crane I believe. Well, I just stayed there and let the guys come to me. I used barrage when I thought it would really help but I did a lot of straight back and forth 'Tequila-Time' shooting. Going for headshots filled up my Tequila gauge pretty quick so I was able to barrage with the Assault Rifle a lot.

I didn't loose one band member and I only needed two health packs. Pretty easy. Compared to my old way of running all over the place and trying to kill the guys as they entered. Personally, I do think the enemies enter the room randomly each time you start a new game *but* the patterns of entering do seem to stay the same if you just reset the level. Maybe I got lucky but that area had no enemies entering that I saw - making it uber easy to defend.

Perhaps someone knows a better way but that will do you good for Normal.

-Sun

:uzi:

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Doesnt work on hard boiled, the red tougher henchmen will kill you instantly when they spawn behind you.. @_@

Vista
09-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I found an easy way to get past this level is to keep using the rollcart to the right of the stage. I got some easy 5 star kills with it so my tequila bombs shot up making it easier. Plus they cannot really do a lot of damage when on the rollcart.

SunWuKong
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
The Rollercart! I didn't even think about that. Did you do it on Hardboiled that way?

Steelhead
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
This level was kicking my ass bigtime last night. I was staying in the center near the band though. If you're saying that the enemies will come after me and leave the band alone, this should work just fine. 75% of my failed attempts were due to losing the band members.

k_dog
09-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I cornered myself behind the bar on the right. Nobody ever came out that door but it was still difficult. I didn't lose any band members but I was having ammo problems.

Oh and FUCK the guys in the pink suits.

SunWuKong
09-11-2007, 05:29 AM
For me - staying near the band was their death sentence. I found the guys entering the room would shoot across the band to get at me.

Again - on normal I stayed in the left back corner (the bar) and no one spawned out that door. It was pretty easy. A couple hairy moments but overall doable on the first try.

I seriously was getting either A) my own ass kicked or B) the band killed any other way.

I did not try the rollercart but maybe that works.

Ice2Dragon
09-11-2007, 05:35 AM
For me - staying near the band was their death sentence. I found the guys entering the room would shoot across the band to get at me.

Again - on normal I stayed in the left back corner (the bar) and no one spawned out that door. It was pretty easy. A couple hairy moments but overall doable on the first try.

I seriously was getting either A) my own ass kicked or B) the band killed any other way.

I did not try the rollercart but maybe that works.

The band can die? Holy crap. I never knew. They nearly died when I tried to get those golden guns though lol. Damn shattering glass.

Vista
09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Yea usually one band member will go in hard for me, again the rollcart works wonders!!

Steelhead
09-11-2007, 01:19 PM
The Rollercart! I didn't even think about that. Did you do it on Hardboiled that way?
I used your method last night and it worked like a charm on my first attempt. Thanks for posting it.

robertfee
09-11-2007, 03:10 PM
good thinking. i will try this on my next playthrough

Fenrir767
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Good tips glad I read this thread about to try it on normal now so this should save me some frustration

ALIENwolve
09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Guys, the bar to the right when you enter the room. The one on the right!

If you crouch behind that one, you can shoot through/over it without any real damage and easily despose of the facemask guys. The only danger is running out of ammo.

k_dog
09-12-2007, 07:18 PM

If you crouch behind that one, you can shoot through/over it without any real damage and easily despose of the facemask guys. The only danger is running out of ammo.

LOLZ

I cornered myself behind the bar on the right. Nobody ever came out that door but it was still difficult. I didn't lose any band members but I was having ammo problems.

Oh and FUCK the guys in the pink suits.

I love quoting myself.

Chi Rombuu
09-14-2007, 10:57 PM
I actually beat it on hard without loosing a band member...there are a series of rotations you must take to beat it though...wish I could describe it to you, but I don't remember the room layout too well.....far left corner (behind bad on left) for most of the begining and then then far right collumn, close to entrance toward the end. Good luck, took like 40 min to figure a good rotation

IDR SeMiNoLe
09-15-2007, 08:28 PM
My first playthrough (which I am still working on) is on hard. I saw that the band members needed to be kept alive, but when I hid behind the bar area to the right of where you enter, everyone just came for me, and the band members weren't even a concern. I just crouched behind the bar, and I could get headshots without standing up, which made killing them easier.

x SWiF7 x
09-16-2007, 02:02 PM
is it just me or am i starting completely differently to everyone else?..

when the level starts im in a double level room with stairs on either side and guys come in from 4 different doors on each level.. and its near solid to even get past that bit?

StormShadow 11B
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I had no problems with this level on normal. I would just run around and shoot in tequila time when they come through the doors. I tried playing through on Hardboiled and I gave up on this level. The pink guys with the shotguns kept killing me.

Dtsjunk
09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
:( i'm struggling also in this level on hard boiled , gonna try the cart thanks

RavenBlackthorn
09-24-2007, 02:58 PM
This part of the game (in my opinion) is one of the hardest sequences in this or any game I've ever completed. I managed to complete it on Hard, doubt I'll "put myself through" Hard Boiled. This section and the final boss fight is just incredibly difficult.

To pass it, I stayed in the corner with the Assault Rifle and Paper Crane on the counter. There is a pillar there that you can hide behind to get your Tequila Time recharged. They wont spawn behind you in this area and will very rarely shoot the band as they are firing at you. There is lots of health in this level but it is really hard to actually grab it. I found that when I'd venture to another section I'd get worked just about every time. Instead I'd use my Tequila Bomb for Health. When I did manage to make it through, I did so without losing any band members. Props to making it through on Hard Boiled. ;)

Aponac
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM

I agree with ALIENwolve. I died over and over in this level on Hard-Boiled. So I went over here to look up some hints how to get through this part.

And it actually works by just hiding at the right behind the bar. The guys always come from the opposite sides... just load up with a shotgun and an assault rifle. When those guys in the pink suits appear, just take out your rifle, go into Tequila Time and pump their heads full of lead.

There are two medpacks near the bar, so use them wisely since four waves of pink guys will attack. The first three waves are just two guys. But the fourth and final one releases four of those bastards onto your ass. Make sure you have full health when you enter the fourth wave and load up on bullets for both guns. I got real lucky, because I killed two of them, my rifle was empty, so it switched to shotgun automatically and I kept shooting from behind the counter with the shotgun. Eventually, I made it. And boy, was I glad! But it was a real close one.

So remember:

- bar on the right when you enter
- shotgun and assault rifle can do wonders, occasionally quickly come from behind the bar to take some ammo near the corpses
- only two medpacks so use them wisely and try to hold out as long as you can with the Tequila Bomb Health
- headshots are the key to quickly kill them all
- try to keep your Tequila Time reserved as much as possible for the pink guys, try to pick some of the normal criminals off without any slow-motion
- and above all: make sure you're crouched behind the bar!

That's it, good luck to all!

Hexa6oN
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I kept Tequila prone behind the right bar. The damage he takes while prone is minimal.

I kept the crosshairs pointed at the only entrance to the area behind the bar. This way is also good because it keeps the ammo within close range. After you hear the drums beat, you should have just enough time to pick up some guns/ammo and then go prone again.

You might not even need to use a first aid kit.