PDA

View Full Version : Passwording Gamertag

MinorArmageddon
09-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Is there anyway to password your gamertag? I live with a couple people who aren't very truthful and like to screw with my crap all the time and there's nothing I can do about it (brother's friend and sister's boyfriend). I don't want to have to take my 360 with me everywhere I go.

Seb The Sheep
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Not that I know of, but you don't need to take your 360 everywhere to protect your gamertag, if it's possible, just take the Hard Drive which is neither big nor heavy.

Sorry, I think that's basically it...

Cold Rival
09-09-2007, 09:32 AM
You can't password the gamertag, but you can disable auto sign in, and then change the settings so that the password must be entered every time you log into live. At least you can protect them from going online with your tag.

Sweet666Kraven
09-09-2007, 11:42 AM
umm what are you guys talking about?..Yes you can slap a password on your gamertag. Go to your 360 settings while signed into live and you will be able to set password protection to your gamertag. It'll have to be a combination of four controller buttons.

Cold Rival
09-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Lol, you're right. I totally forgot about that one! Good call Kraven. ;)

Sweet666Kraven
09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
haha, no worries buddy. I can see how it would easily have been overlooked.

RedstaR
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Even if you do make a password with the 4 buttons It will be easy for anyone to figure out.. I figured out my friends in two tries, just thought you ought to know. :\

Vista
09-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Just take your hard-drive and stash it somewhere, or take it with you.

Cold Rival
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Even if you do make a password with the 4 buttons It will be easy for anyone to figure out.. I figured out my friends in two tries, just thought you ought to know. :\

Then their's are too easy!

There's litterally thousands of combinations that could be done with those 10 buttons, so I guess you just got VERY lucky! (Twice! :p) But I guess you only have to enter four of them.

If you're going to create a new code for your GamerTag, then I suggest implementing the D-pad into it, as many forget that that can be part of the code.

MinorArmageddon
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow, didn't know that. Thanks guys!

Skillet
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Well...you can use triggers, bumpers, d-pad, X and Y. My brother keeps trying to get into mine but he can never seem to crack it. (I don't think he knows about using the tirggers and bumpers)

I have to have one on mine because there are several little kids that like to come here (nieces and a nephew of mine) and my brother who likes to go in and do harmless stuff...like delete my arcade games. Which is annoying. The Password helps a lot.

pongsifu
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
You guys just let your siblings do this stuff? I'd be slappin' a bitch. My younger brother knows not to mess with my shit.

D4yw4lk3r
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Just hide the controller, that renders the console useless ;-)

RedstaR
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Then their's are too easy!

There's litterally thousands of combinations that could be done with those 10 buttons, so I guess you just got VERY lucky! (Twice! :p) But I guess you only have to enter four of them.

Actually at the time it was the original xbox and I think there was only like 4 buttons you could use to password your gamertag, I had no idea they changed it to all the buttons.... :\

Just hide the controller, that renders the console useless ;-)

This is exactly what I do, I hide my controller so nobody can touch it with there greasy oily fingers :O.