PDA

View Full Version : Props to those who actually beat this in Hard/Hard-Boiled

sarezjay
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I just tried hard last night and I gotta tell you it was hell. I started on the first act of the last chapter, I died so many damn times. They just keep coming and coming, I must've been playing that act for over 40 minutes until I just got bored and killed myself. Is there anything special you have to do in order to get the Helicopter to show up? Or do you just have to keep killing and killing?

Also I fucking hate those cheap bastards who run up behind you and pistol whip you. That shit takes most of my health away. ugh.

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I just tried hard last night and I gotta tell you it was hell. I started on the first act of the last chapter, I died so many damn times. They just keep coming and coming, I must've been playing that act for over 40 minutes until I just got bored and killed myself. Is there anything special you have to do in order to get the Helicopter to show up? Or do you just have to keep killing and killing?

Also I fucking hate those cheap bastards who run up behind you and pistol whip you. That shit takes most of my health away. ugh.

The guys who come running at you are just there to kill. The guys you HAVE to kill for the helicopter to show up are the ones who are SHOOTING at you the entire time, or the knives guys. Kill them, the ones that are moving to shoot you are just there for combos and your gauge. Just keep killing the ones standing still, it takes a long time on hard boiled, but you will eventually get to the helicopter part. On a nicer side note, you could keep killing the guys running to you to get an insane amount of style points..

GreatTeacherJoE
09-09-2007, 05:54 PM
at the chicago level, i figured out an easy way to do this:

find a SOLID structure to hide behind (an effin building or wall with a door) and just let the guys come at you before blowing them away.

THE BOSSES ARE STILL A PAIN IN MY ASSHOLE, THOUGH!

k_dog
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I didn't actually realize that they don't stop comming until about 30 min into it.

PerfectAnt
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
they do stop. you have to kill certain guys in the level/ either the snipers in one wave, the machine gun guys in another wave, the knife throwing guys in another wave. just did it last night. now you want to know pain in the ass, wait till you get to the final boss battle. the guys that rush you are the ones where a single headshot doesn't take em out.

k_dog
09-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Funny message from last night on Live:

is there a cheat in order to beat stranglehold on hard-boiled???
how did u do it
???

:p

patches4711
09-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Funny message from last night on Live:

:p

It is amazing some of the stuff you get on live. I started on hard and switched to normal my plan is just to go through on Hard-Boiled when I unlock it. I only want that aggravation 1 time....

PerfectAnt
09-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Ice is right. if you beat it on hard its not that much more difficult on hard boiled. just a few tricky areas.

HamsterLV
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Motherf***in Hard Boiled bosses suck balls! I can't get past that turd Lok. But I will!

Mr Hey
09-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Just beat first level on boiled. This is going to be tough (hate 2nd level's length btw)

MrHarribalsonya
09-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Sure this game may be a little difficult at times. But, not hard-boiled. It just takes some practice and strategy. I personally died less and ran through it quicker on hard-boiled. Because i knew what to expect in certain areas.

Tricka21
09-15-2007, 12:32 AM
This game is nothing in Hard/Hardboiled i done them both in a day & i thought it was going to last me longer than that lol

sarezjay
09-15-2007, 02:34 AM
To those who brag, you can go screw yourselves. I'm sorry but I'm not going to dedicate a whole 7-8 hours trying to beat a game. And I don't appreciate those saying Hardboiled is nothing and they "done" it in a day. We all know Hardboiled is tough shit.

italianstallion
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
hard boiled was quite easy, in fact I only died a total of 4 times. sniped twice in the second level, lok, and some ass hole shot a fire extinguisher in the parking garage to take me out.

Seddo
09-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Lol i'll have no chance on hard boiled, i die every so often on normal mode.

Don Manolo
09-15-2007, 06:14 PM
hard boiled was quite easy, in fact I only died a total of 4 times. sniped twice in the second level, lok, and some ass hole shot a fire extinguisher in the parking garage to take me out. do you remember how you defeated lok?? because i already died like 20 times and i still don't know how to kill him. I can easily get him to his second phase but when he starts moving i don't know what to do, he always kills me. :(

been training dogs
09-16-2007, 11:50 PM
It is pretty difficult on hard mode, i died enough times on normal on the later levels.

Steelhead
09-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't appreciate those saying Hardboiled is nothing and they "done" it in a day. We all know Hardboiled is tough shit.
Meh, you hear that with every game. I've even heard people say how easy COD2 veteran was...yeah, sure it was. Just ignore it and listen to the realistic posts. That's what I do.

Don Manolo
09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
I beated hard boiled like yesterday and I have to say that for me the hardest was to defeat Lok..
A few pointers you want to keep in mind playing hard boiled :
-use the assault rifle because it has the best range and damage until you find the heavy machine gun.
-instead of running into rooms let the enemies come to you while you hide behind the corner if possible..
-try aiming for the head they will still die fast..
-use the tequila bombs mostly for health I only used the other ones for the bosses..
-try picking up the golden guns for defeating the bosses they do tons of damage!!! I've posted where to find most of them...
-Tequila Time (SlowMo) is the best there is, use it as much as you can and if you run out of it try to run back and hide behind cover until it's back...
-Use the boss guide for the bosses...

That's pretty much all I can think of, I hope this helps a little bit

sarezjay
09-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I beated hard boiled like yesterday and I have to say that for me the hardest was to defeat Lok..
A few pointers you want to keep in mind playing hard boiled :
-use the assault rifle because it has the best range and damage until you find the heavy machine gun.
-instead of running into rooms let the enemies come to you while you hide behind the corner if possible..
-try aiming for the head they will still die fast..
-use the tequila bombs mostly for health I only used the other ones for the bosses..
-try picking up the golden guns for defeating the bosses they do tons of damage!!! I've posted where to find most of them...
-Tequila Time (SlowMo) is the best there is, use it as much as you can and if you run out of it try to run back and hide behind cover until it's back...
-Use the boss guide for the bosses...

That's pretty much all I can think of, I hope this helps a little bit

Now this guy is getting somewhere. This is the kind of posts that people should be making instead of bragging about how easy it was.

Molneze3
09-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Finally beat Hard Boiled last night. Damn that last guy was no joke. If anyone needs any pointers, i'm more than happy to help... just send me a message over live... and ask.

skuff
09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Now this guy is getting somewhere. This is the kind of posts that people should be making instead of bragging about how easy it was.

i hear that man, just beat hard tonight and even that was tough so im not looking forward to hard boiled.. i got so pissed at it yesterday i broke my big toe by kicking my computer chair lol but ouch (i know was a dumb thing to do, and yes it is broken)

Adram
09-20-2007, 02:26 AM
A game doesn't have to kill you a thousand times or take weeks of practice to get through in order to be hard. Some people seem to think that any game they can beat isn't "hard" just because they got through it - games today are meant to be finished, it's not the arcade action era anymore. I started on Hard my first time through with auto-aim off and finished in two sessions. I would still consider the game challenging even though I wasn't pulling my hair out.

The best advice I can give for Hard-Boiled is to just play very defensively. Unlike other "finesse" action titles like Devil May Cry, there's not much room for fancy style on the high difficulties. If you try to be cute too much, you'll die. Look for anything outside the main fight areas you can hide behind to funnel enemies to you, there are many open doorways and such.

Tom19
09-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Im doing hard-boiled right now. Im up to the band part on chapter 3. So far its been alright, died loads of times though. Its really not easy. Im really not looking forward to the rest of the game. But hay I love a challenge :)

PerfectAnt
09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
wall cover, and cdrawwing the enemy on a narrow path are your best friends in this game on the harder difficulties.

DarkHitman 47
09-21-2007, 01:42 AM
just beat hard boiled it was pretty hard but i enjoyed it great game people are lying who say it is easy

italianstallion
09-21-2007, 07:46 AM
The only tip I can give is to take it slow. If you take it slow, you shouldnt have many problems. To me, the game was 10x better playing it on hard boiled.

PerfectAnt
09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
just beat hard boiled it was pretty hard but i enjoyed it great game people are lying who say it is easy

i went through the entire game on hard boiled and it wasn't very difficult. the only thing that i didn't do was beat the last guy. if you sit back and let all the guys come to you, and use cover, your golden.

|oneyedNewb|
09-22-2007, 05:15 PM
i agree with darkhitman this game kicks my arse on hardboiled, but can still get past teeth grinding missions, number 2 was the worst, with taking out all those boats.

Blkmag1k
09-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I found most of the game pretty easy on hard boiled. The areas where I found it most difficult was lok and dinosaur exhibit, thats all really. I just used cover as much as possible, waited for my tequila time to fill up and conserved my ammo. If you get past the bosses, the rest wont be a problem

Yann
09-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I just beat it there and i'm very proud of myself. I found Wong and Dapang harder than Lok if you can believe that!

omegamustard
10-18-2007, 02:00 AM
i rented the game for two days, i know Hardboiled was gonna be hard, because normal was pretty challenging on the later levels, just gotta learn that you can't just rush in, you have to take it slow, running in will get you killed.

xGodDogx
12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
To those who brag, you can go screw yourselves. I'm sorry but I'm not going to dedicate a whole 7-8 hours trying to beat a game.

HA HA.... Omg thats funny~~~ your no going to spend 7-8 hours to beat a game. Well sorry to tell you is that most gamestake 7 to 8 hours to complete.... mabey you shold stick yo your tetris.

Galaxy Spear
12-08-2007, 01:31 AM
HA HA.... Omg thats funny~~~ your no going to spend 7-8 hours to beat a game. Well sorry to tell you is that most gamestake 7 to 8 hours to complete.... mabey you shold stick yo your tetris.

Sarezjay meant he doesn't want to dedicate 8 hours in one day like the previous poster stated he completed it in that time frame. Try reading all the posts before you criticize others, you've just gone and made yourself look like an idiot. Back on topic, im just about to play this game now round my mates, cant wait to give hardboiled a go!

xGodDogx
12-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Well then im sorry!!!

But now i just want to say just beat hard and started hard boiled. It seems to be easier now hmm... good thing i started on hard.

II IcE RiflE II
02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Personally i think this game is tricky on casual even, the way the game is designed though, it makes you play it 'run n gun'.

I went through it on casual first, then normal in order to get most achievements out of the way and even then i found it very hard in places. Maybe its the lack of checkpoints or the camera angle. His damn head is always in the way!

v_thorne
02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
The most annoying/aggravating/hard thing about this game is the lack of checkpoints. Like usually, in other games, there is one after everytime you've completed something.
In this one it's after every "mission" most of the time.
I got sniped so many times on the 2nd level when i was on the 3rd or 4th boat. Even though their laser wasn't even pointed at me...
:uzi:
I will beat it on hard though, I will!
If I have time before sending it back to BlockBuster I'll try Hard-Boiled.

W. Samuel Jones III
02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I already beat the game on hard. The problem with Hard Boiled is that if you get killed after you pass a checkpoint you lose all of your Tequilla Powers if you reload the game (select retry).

Hard Boiled is challenging but GUN's Insane is ridiculous. You have to know all the spawn points if you are going to have any hope of success.

blizeH
03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
i agree with darkhitman this game kicks my arse on hardboiled, but can still get past teeth grinding missions, number 2 was the worst, with taking out all those boats.
This is the bit I was on last night, got right to the last boat and then got hit by a sniper, resulting in an instant kill, argh!

Oh! Just noticed v_thorne (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=47558) had the same problem - and yes, the lack of checkpoints is horrible :(

M85A21
03-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm not being a prick but this game on Hard Boiled I thought quite easy.
The only time I died was once at the guy in the Penthouse and once by the last boss with the duel shotguns.
Always use precision shot, that helped me soooo much.

blizeH
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry, but I do not believe for one second that you only died twice during an entire playthrough on hard boiled.

M85A21
03-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah I did =]
It's an easy game, all you have to do is figure out where the Golden Guns are man.
And playing it on Normal first it was easy to figure it out.

E vee dub
03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Add me to this list. Glad you all feel my pain. Urrrgggghhh! Especially Lok. All the tips in these forums were very helpful.

M85A21
03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
With Lok I didn't die, All I did was

-Run around downstairs picking up all the M16s and Cranes but never take your finger off shooting him.
-Use Precision shot on his head.
-Shoot the left foot of the Statue so it falls on him this will take a quarter of his health off.
-When he is moving make your way upstairs and he will start to throw grenades, just keep blasting him with more Precision shots and he will go down, there are plenty of Medpaks here so really there's no excuse for dying unless you get trapped in a double grenade.

MrDudeMan
03-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I beat it on hard mode, was a pain in the ass. I don't even want to try hard boiled mode...

ShadowzKiller
03-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Lok was actually pretty tough, but the two guys at the end were just plain annoying because you have tons of others guys constantly charging at you in waves.

blizeH
03-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Any tips for the final boss please? I am currently:

1. Running around aimlessly for a bit, killing the random enemies with a shotgun/heavy machine gun.
2. Camping on the stairs and hitting Wong with the golden pistols.
3. Rinse and repeat.

With the intention of hopefully saving enough tequila power to use barrage on Dapang once I've disposed of Wong. Does this sound like a decent plan? I'm mostly struggling against the main enemies (it gets very crowded, and a melee attack pretty much kills me) but also got killed once by Wong as it seems awkard to get your positioning right.

I've only tried it three times, but I'm not sure I'm getting very far :)

8goodking
03-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Any tips for the final boss please? I am currently:

1. Running around aimlessly for a bit, killing the random enemies with a shotgun/heavy machine gun.
2. Camping on the stairs and hitting Wong with the golden pistols.
3. Rinse and repeat.

With the intention of hopefully saving enough tequila power to use barrage on Dapang once I've disposed of Wong. Does this sound like a decent plan? I'm mostly struggling against the main enemies (it gets very crowded, and a melee attack pretty much kills me) but also got killed once by Wong as it seems awkard to get your positioning right.

I've only tried it three times, but I'm not sure I'm getting very far :)

I died like forty times before making it. You shouldn't focus on Dapang. When you are attacked by enemy waves, find a corner next to a health pack and with guns and kill them off in SlowMo. If there is only one remaining (I am told this and it's true), here's your chance. If you kill him, the next wave comes in. Run up the stairs and use precision shot on Wong (only). Then repeat. When Dapang jumps down, shoot one of the supports of the dragon (you must try out yourself about which one), it may kill him immediately so you don't waste the bombs. I collected as many crates as possible including the two which falls when I destroyed the dragon. Remember, use the golden guns for precision shots for maximum damage (can be found downstairs). I beat Wong on HB but the rest on Normal. It is so painful to do HB mode! But I will get the achievements one day!

blizeH
03-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Many thanks, I'll give that a try. Which corner is best? Everywhere I hide there are enemies coming out of doors right next to me :(

blizeH
03-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I honestly think there's about a 0% chance I'll be able to do this ;p I can't even make it to the second stage of killing Wong.

Dabigamc
04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
To those who brag, you can go screw yourselves. I'm sorry but I'm not going to dedicate a whole 7-8 hours trying to beat a game. And I don't appreciate those saying Hardboiled is nothing and they "done" it in a day. We all know Hardboiled is tough shit.

People are entitled to there opinions mate, its hard for some people and easy for others. You sound stressed have some time off the xbox yeah lol.

Scurvy Curr
08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
This was a fun game! Hard boiled was a piece of cake. NOT!!!

I would rather have someone cut my eyelids off and keep taking my picture than ever attempt to play this on HB again.