PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable TV content for Europe soon?

Minty
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Microsoft has always said that it wants its 360 console to be a true media centre for the home. Its already common for Xbox Live users in America to be able to download TV shows onto their console, yet it is still only a dream for European gamers.

However, that dream has taken a step closer to becoming reality today, as Microsoft has confirmed that it is in talks with several European media companies- most noticably the BBC. Hopefully this means it wont be long before the service is available on both sides of the Atlantic.

The 360’s video service has content deals with big media Corporations in America, which include Disney, CBS, Warner, MTV, Paramount and Fox.

Ross Honey, senior director for media at Microsoft’s content and partner strategy group, confirmed the company had spoken to the BBC and several other European media companies.

Microsoft was attracted to the BBC’s library of content and to high-definition programmes such as the award-winning series Planet Earth, Honey said.

The full artice can be found here. (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article2412752.ece)

JJ UK
09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
well its about time us Brits got our hands on this. I think its a great idea and always have since I found out it was available in america.

Kif
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
It's not like I can't stream TV shows on the 360 already, but it's nice to see Microsoft stepping up for outside America.

wild dog
09-10-2007, 12:18 AM
woo hoo! now we can watch Dr Who and Eastenders !!!!!!! :p

ReD S1X
09-10-2007, 01:13 AM
when are we gonna get those???

LoadedCannon
09-10-2007, 01:25 AM
um.... british tv's crap though, well i guess we'll get family guy...

thacent
09-10-2007, 02:20 AM
FG aint british

Krueger
09-10-2007, 02:23 AM
this will get them to stop complaining about it

graf1k
09-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Congrats, now you guys can get ass-fucked to the tune of $2-3 per episode for shows that aren't even worth your time, much less currency!

Jdm
09-10-2007, 06:03 AM
This is good news for you guys in the U.K. I personally live in the states and haven't downloaded a single TV content(except free ones because I'm cheap).:p

Acrid Placidity
09-10-2007, 10:41 AM
FG aint british

He had just stated that. Meaning he likes (the American) Family Guy.

Hopefully this comes to Canada as well, as we still can't download movies and such here either. Although, for whatever reason, everyone seems to think we can because we're in "America".

xGWAVE360x
09-10-2007, 10:58 AM

Lmfao! you can watch that on tv anyway lol

Hope we get it soon and have a gd selection of films and TV Shows on there.

T FUNK 1984
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Even if it is overpriced stuff that we can watch for free on TV at least we'll have the choice.

Maybe if they get the BBC involved they'll have there back log of comedys for download :woop:.

Zef
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
It's a shame there are no decent programmes over here any more =( It will probably just be Big Brother and The Simpsons or something.

I just want to be able to get some decent films over XBL (even though they are free on the internet) or new episodes of One Piece =D

I dogol I
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
What about Australia?

I am a huge fan of all comedies and it's hard enough to get them from Tv, or on DVD, and I mean to watch shit like crank yankers from my 360 would be "the grouse"

What about while getting smashed and for some reason there is kids around, you could just predownload like lion king in HD and they could watch that. Man I hope microsoft pull there finger out and just !@#$%^& get it to Australia.

Minty
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
It's a shame there are no decent programmes over here any more =( It will probably just be Big Brother and The Simpsons or something.

The fact that Ross Honey has mentioned Blue Planet is a good sign to me. The UK produces some great shows like this.

Plus the BBC produces things like Rome, Top Gear and Hustle, all major TV shows worldwide.

Zef
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Oo, I forgot about Top Gear because it hasn't been on in ages. But since it is still free to watch on TV they had better get some of the best episodes or some exclusives. But all the crappy drama shows aren't worth it.

So long as there are some decent classics like The Fast Show or Black Books, all is good.

P1NSEEKER
09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
If they have fonejacker im sold :D

wild dog
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Lmfao! you can watch that on tv anyway lol

Hope we get it soon and have a gd selection of films and TV Shows on there.
lol I know,it was a joke but this is probably the crap we will be stuck with along with Little Britain and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.I think it might be disappointing for some.

graf1k
09-11-2007, 02:06 AM
The fact that Ross Honey has mentioned Blue Planet is a good sign to me. The UK produces some great shows like this.

Plus the BBC produces things like Rome, Top Gear and Hustle, all major TV shows worldwide.

Rome was canceled son.

Minty
09-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Didnt realise it had been!

Then again, makes it even more likely to be included as its cheap lol

ReD S1X
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I would take Top Gear and dats all i need....