PDA

View Full Version : Why are the acheivements different than the trophies?

SlySi1976
08-21-2012, 07:37 AM
As above:wtf

EliteShadowMan
08-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Honestly i like the Xbox achievements more. The PS3 one looks too easy and some are too luck based.

Spock
08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
The people playing on PS3 aren't going to feel the same satisfaction I will feel each time I finish a match and each time I get a kill. I'll always know they're going towards an achievement, and I love that. It's like with Left 4 Dead's Zombie Genocidest achievement. I like our list more.

Pyrochaos
08-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm probably going to pick it up on both. Seeing as it's only $15, and the achievements being different is a plus IMO. Most of my time will be on the xbox version so it's better, for me, that they are the tougher ones.

Nevander
08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Our list is better simply because less luck based stuff. Like 80% of their list is luck based (kill while flashed, kill while reloading, kill through scopes, etc.). Ours may be more grindy, but who cares! I want something to keep me playing besides how awesome the game will be.

I'm still on edge about that First Things First achievement. 'Online,' bah.

warrenpaul
08-21-2012, 08:26 PM
i didnt feel i like i achieved anything when unlocking trophies :P

Annalie
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Because valve is lazy and is playing favorites with the ps3. there is absolutely no reason why both platforms couldn't get the same achievements minus the stupid platinum. i dont play these types of shooters anyways. it just annoys me. all this does is entice people to buy the PS3 version.

koopi
08-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Maybe they're trying to get people to buy the game on all platforms. :3

Gageamatron
08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Because valve is lazy and is playing favorites with the ps3. there is absolutely no reason why both platforms couldn't get the same achievements minus the stupid platinum. i dont play these types of shooters anyways. it just annoys me. all this does is entice people to buy the PS3 version.

Please relax. Let me clear something up for you:

The Awardist -Earn 100 awards

There are 167 "awards" in total. Basically it's all the steam achievements, they can be seen here. (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CSGO/achievements)
That list includes every ps3 trophy. Long story short xbox has more work to do, but we also get to do each trophy objective.

If you don't play these types of shooters, why are you even in this forum?

Annalie
08-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Maybe they're trying to get people to buy the game on all platforms. :3

You could be right.

but i still think valve plays favorites with them now because of the whole steamworks thing. Xbox gets 12 achievements, while PS3 gets 19 trophies? if i was a fan of CS i would have gotten it on the PS3. because it has more. but that's just me.

Please relax. Let me clear something up for you:

The Awardist -Earn 100 awards

There are 167 "awards" in total. Basically it's all the steam achievements, they can be seen here. (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CSGO/achievements)
That list includes every ps3 trophy. Long story short xbox has more work to do, but we also get to do each trophy objective.

If you don't play these types of shooters, why are you even in this forum?

Well i am relaxed, is there a sign somewhere that says i can't post here?. maybe i wanted to try this game out because i'm a fan of valves other games?.

interesting about the awards though. i still think valve hates Microsoft. >.>

AC Cloud Strife
08-21-2012, 09:34 PM
It's insane.
The playstation list is a 1/10, the xbox list compared to that a 11/10.

Gageamatron
08-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Well i am relaxed, is there a sign somewhere that says i can't post here?. maybe i wanted to try this game out because i'm a fan of valves other games?.

interesting about the awards though. i still think valve hates Microsoft. >.>

No there is no sign. Your first post was trolling plain and simple. You came here saying the publisher is lazy with no intention of buying the game in the first place.

However, Valve and microsoft have a rocky history. Same goes for Sony but Valve decided to build up the bridges they burned with them.

AC Cloud Strife
08-21-2012, 10:05 PM
However, Valve and microsoft have a rocky history. Same goes for Sony but Valve decided to build up the bridges they burned with them.

True true... the decision of Valve of going this way is retarded nonetheless. They aren't making money because of Microsoft, they do because of us. We are the costumers, not Microsoft. And to be honest, I think they lost a lot of customers because of this list (as many are completionists). I thought a business wants to gain profit, but Valve seems to act like an immature child towards Microsoft. Oh well.

Just think about it, 5000 games. If 1 game really takes up to 10 minutes, then that's way more than 800 fucking hours, I would say at least 1000 hours just simply for this one achievement.

IT.IS.RIDICULOUS. :drunk lol - oh, I am going to buy it anyways xD

At least, if we ever get the full 400, we can say we accomplished something... unlike the PS3 users.

Annalie
08-21-2012, 10:20 PM
No there is no sign. Your first post was trolling plain and simple. You came here saying the publisher is lazy with no intention of buying the game in the first place.

Trolling? give me a break. i think valve is lazy because it took them a year to port cold stream to left 4 dead 2. and update their console games in general at times. how do you figure i had no intention of trying this game when in fact i do?(i never said i wanted to buy this. just because i don't like shooters doesn't mean i will avoid all of them. i plan on downloading the demo.

Oh wow, i didn't know they were publishing. they may be publishing, but i knew that CS was a Valve game originally. and since they have no control over the achievements. ill take what i said about the favoritism back, in this case.

Andreas_loel
08-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Lol what the fuck have you been smoking? Who seriously buys a game because the achievements are easier on the other one?

most retarded thing ive ever heard

Regarding the list: People have been playing Cs since 1999 more or less, some people still put their 5-10 hour daily grind in. I think that is what valve is trying to put in perspective with this list, you should focus on how many hours it takes to complete just focus on having a fucking good time and thats it.

If you want 400 gs then go play something else that suits you more, when the achievements are bigger then the game then something is really fucked up. Im not gonna say i havent bought/played easy gs games, some are for points and some are for fun this is for the fans.

Annalie
08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Lol what the fuck have you been smoking? Who seriously buys a game because the achievements are easier on the other one?

Lots of people do believe me, but this isn't about me so don't try to tell me to play something that suits me. i actually think they should have given the PS3 players the same list as Xbox users to make things fair and even.

but if you ignore the difficulty of the xbox version, i also think that they (PS3) users, are getting more for their money. but whatever, i'm not going to worry about it because i may or may not get it. it depends on if i like the demo and if friends are getting it. :)

i hope nobody thinks im angry about this because i'm not. just putting it out there.

DEG23
08-22-2012, 12:46 AM

most retarded thing ive ever heard

I'm guessing you are new to the world of achievement whores:p If you look at some of the comments on the achievements lists and other forums, you will notice a large group of people who have both consoles are opting for the PS3 version because the achievements/trophies are easier.

i hope nobody thinks im angry about this because i'm not. just putting it out there.

The problem with this thread isn't you Annalie;)

I think the PS3 are getting a better deal in terms of the added support and it is a strange we aren't getting the same achievement list. I would prefer the added number of achievements simply because it offers slightly more challenges than our 10k kills or 5k matches.

Seeing how i don't own a PS3 or a top of the line PC i will enjoy my XBLA version:)

lifetimegamer
08-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Tbh I sort of prefer the 360 list. The PS3 trophies are almost all luck based, which are the sort that really annoy me after a while. At least I can fire up the 360 version and know that I'm always working towards some of those grindy achievements.

Andreas_loel
08-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm guessing you are new to the world of achievement whores:p If you look at some of the comments on the achievements lists and other forums, you will notice a large group of people who have both consoles are opting for the PS3 version because the achievements/trophies are easier.

The problem with this thread isn't you Annalie;)

I think the PS3 are getting a better deal in terms of the added support and it is a strange we aren't getting the same achievement list. I would prefer the added number of achievements simply because it offers slightly more challenges than our 10k kills or 5k matches.

Seeing how i don't own a PS3 or a top of the line PC i will enjoy my XBLA version:)

Why thank you for the welcome 136k gs and a country rank around 30 but still.
Looking at the comments for this is sad, new gaming generation sucks cock imo. Bunch of whiney assholes, buhu i gotta spend time on a game buhu. How does buying a ps3 game help your gamerscore anyway? This might only be an achievement site to some but then like i said go play something else, i couldnt care less about time consuming chievos.

40% to go and im tainted and will have another rough game to destroy my completion% just like super meat boy/ lost planet 2/Guitar hero 3 but then again i rather just play the fucking games

Josh Brown
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
im struggling to decide between the PS3 and xbox version purely because of the achievements/trophies. Whilst i like the fact the xbox cheeves will keep me playing a lot longer, having only 400 gamerscore compared to the PS3 equivilent of 1215 points is a bit of a turn off. The PS3 trophies are easy and wont keep me playing that long but has a platinum and 9 gold trophies... really dont know which one to choose..