PDA

View Full Version : 360 Vs. PS3 Version

birdshake
08-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, I think we all know that Valve is bias towards Sony and this release really shows it. First off, PS3 version gets Mouse/Keyboard Support & Move support.

Another thing is the PS3 version has 19 trophies while the 360 version has (according to this site) 12 achievements. Which is kind of odd...

Gun-Nut
08-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Well Sony let them have Steam with Portal 2 and Mouse and Keyboard has always had support on PS3 I believe just not many games take advantage of it... I know Unreal Tournament 3 did and that was it.

I can almost understand Move support due to other games using the Sharpshooter like KillZone I think... Never tried it! We don't really have any shooters using Kinect and I can't see many people wanting that.

Finally for the Achievements the game most likely passed Certification awhile back before the limit on the XBLA Achievements had been lifted I know its 400G but still 12 achievements the values most likely just got doubled since adding new achievements and testing them all again would mean Certification again.

WalterWhite
08-22-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm glad we don't have mouse and keyboard options, keeps things fair and balanced. The PS3 kids getting ripped by mouse and keyboard players are going to regret their purchase real quick. Besides if you prefer mouse and keyboard, why not just play on PC?

Annalie
08-22-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm glad i'm not the only one who sensed this bias, if only Microsoft let them put steamworks on xbox. xbox users will suffer because of Microsoft.

btw ...i thought they removed cross platform play from the ps3 version because they would get owned by PC players?

Gun-Nut
08-22-2012, 12:38 AM
btw ...i thought they removed cross platform play from the ps3 version because they would get owned by PC players?

They did, Though I had thought VALVE planned to have the game match make Keyboard and Mouse Players with other Keyboard and Mouse Players and same for Controllers so I can't imagine it was dropped due to PC Players maybe dominating a PS3 Player since it would only match a PS3 Player that is using M+K.

birdshake
08-22-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm glad we don't have mouse and keyboard options, keeps things fair and balanced. The PS3 kids getting ripped by mouse and keyboard players are going to regret their purchase real quick. Besides if you prefer mouse and keyboard, why not just play on PC?

As someone who preordered it on PS3, I actually agree with you.
What's funny however is I first played it with the kb/mouse and did awful and then switched to a PS3 controller and did much better.

Could just be the fact that I'm so used to play FPS with controllers now.

Annalie
08-22-2012, 12:46 AM
They did, Though I had thought VALVE planned to have the game match make Keyboard and Mouse Players with other Keyboard and Mouse Players and same for Controllers so I can't imagine it was dropped due to PC Players maybe dominating a PS3 Player since it would only match a PS3 Player that is using M+K.

Oh, i see. i can't imagine regular PS3 and 360 players using Mouse and Keyboard anyways.

i fist brown i
08-22-2012, 12:54 AM

they're making it different ranks for controller/keyboard...

my understanding is this game has trueskill rank, and if you dominate with keyboard, your going to have a high trueskill... so you'll only be matched against ppl equally good as you with whatever they use.

i never played counter strike before.. i'm just going by what my friend says... and the different rank for keyboard/controller i read in an article.

so, idk how ranks work, but it'd be something like this:

Controller rank: 15
Keyboard rank: 20