PDA

View Full Version : King of the Kill Achievement

swenor
08-22-2012, 04:27 AM
King of the Kill
Play 5,000 matches of Arms Race or Demolition mode -
Keep in mind they mean 5000 matches - not 5000 rounds!

YOU.WILL.CRY. (I am already on pc)

I don't know why they put such a time consuming achievement for this game.
Seriously it might take up to 1000 hours (and it is best case scenario).

Good news is that You can mix Arms Race and Arms Demolition gamemodes.
Play always against easy bots. Spawnkill if/when you can.

I got the beta on steam and I Hit 78 hours mark of play. So far i managed to play.... 136 matches. Even if you subtract around half of the time, because I played evenly with classical cs/de gamemode it is still around 40 hours just for arms race/arms demoliton.

MORE info

Arms Race - gun game - get 27 kills asap yourself, or let the bots do it (it will take them way longer than you - when im on 27 kills, best bot is on 7th kill at its best). There is no rounds, it is constant action. A map usually takes between 3 and 4 minutes. SPAWNKILLING HELPS A LOT!
Examples
3mins x 5000 =15000 mins -> 15000 mins / 60 mins = 250 hours
4mins x 5000 = 20000 mins -> 20000 mins/ 60 mins = 333 hours
LOOOONG.

(Arms) Demolition - two halves - max 10 rounds in each half
- best case scenario is: one team wins 10 rounds in a row - then switch sides, and then the same team wins 11th round won, and finally the match - so you get 1/5000 matches played. Let's say one round takes 1 minute - so it is 11 minutes per match . 5000 x 11 minutes = 55000 minutes -> 55000minutes/60minutes = 916,666 hours. OMG! This is sick, and not fun.
(checked many times - this win condition means 11 minutes per match)

Correct me if I am wrong.
This is how it looks on PC.
NOT.GOOD.AT.ALL (achievement wise of course)

I DO hope someone will find a trick/bug/glitch to shorten this time.

A note about War Bonds achievo - you only have to earn $50 000, on pc the same achievement is awarded for earning $50 000 000 (yeah FIFTY MILLIONS!) - you are lucky, cause this one takes really long!

Spock
08-22-2012, 04:30 AM
I think the rounds count as a match because on PC I was getting achievements for "Winning 5 matches on X map" and I had only won 5 rounds.

See, got some of these on my first go at a map:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/makeshiftng/stats/CSGO
http://i.imgur.com/qXfi0.jpg

Prok
08-22-2012, 05:03 AM
^ I hope that's the case...

Nevander
08-22-2012, 05:30 AM
They will take a while, big dealio. I look forward to playing this game a lot since it's way better than CoD.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
08-22-2012, 06:44 AM
They will take a while, big dealio. I look forward to playing this game a lot since it's way better than CoD.

From the guy who seems to make a boosting thread on any multiplayer game that comes out....

warrenpaul
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
It should keep people playing, i dont mind getting this one

Nevander
08-22-2012, 10:21 AM
From the guy who seems to make a boosting thread on any multiplayer game that comes out....

Obviously because I HATE online achievements and would rather boost it and get it done, then move on to playing with bots (if possible).

Maka
08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
I think the rounds count as a match because on PC I was getting achievements for "Winning 5 matches on X map" and I had only won 5 rounds.

See, got some of these on my first go at a map:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/makeshiftng/stats/CSGO
http://i.imgur.com/qXfi0.jpg

King of the Kill
Play 5,000 matches of Arms Race or Demolition mode -
Keep in mind they mean 5000 matches - not 5000 rounds!

YOU.WILL.CRY. (I am already on pc)

I don't know why they put such a time consuming achievement for this game.
Seriously it might take up to 1000 hours (and it is best case scenario).

Good news is that You can mix Arms Race and Arms Demolition gamemodes.
Play always against easy bots. Spawnkill if/when you can.

I got the beta on steam and I Hit 78 hours mark of play. So far i managed to play.... 136 matches. Even if you subtract around half of the time, because I played evenly with classical cs/de gamemode it is still around 40 hours just for arms race/arms demoliton.

MORE info

Arms Race - gun game - get 27 kills asap yourself, or let the bots do it (it will take them way longer than you - when im on 27 kills, best bot is on 7th kill at its best). There is no rounds, it is constant action. A map usually takes between 3 and 4 minutes. SPAWNKILLING HELPS A LOT!
Examples
3mins x 5000 =15000 mins -> 15000 mins / 60 mins = 250 hours
4mins x 5000 = 20000 mins -> 20000 mins/ 60 mins = 333 hours
LOOOONG.

(Arms) Demolition - two halves - max 10 rounds in each half
- best case scenario is: one team wins 10 rounds in a row - then switch sides, and then the same team wins 11th round won, and finally the match - so you get 1/5000 matches played. Let's say one round takes 1 minute - so it is 11 minutes per match . 5000 x 11 minutes = 55000 minutes -> 55000minutes/60minutes = 916,666 hours. OMG! This is sick, and not fun.
(checked many times - this win condition means 11 minutes per match)

Correct me if I am wrong.
This is how it looks on PC.
NOT.GOOD.AT.ALL (achievement wise of course)

I DO hope someone will find a trick/bug/glitch to shorten this time.

A note about War Bonds achievo - you only have to earn $50 000, on pc the same achievement is awarded for earning $50 000 000 (yeah FIFTY MILLIONS!) - you are lucky, cause this one takes really long!

So I just played a 13 round Demo game, where I won 11 rounds.

Went to my stats page, and got registered as 1 win, and 1 match played. That's about 10 minutes a game, for 5,000 matches or over 800 hours in this mode.

Arms race seems shorter, but in terms of leaving your controller press the :abut: or something, it doesn't look like good news for achievement whores.

head0r Inc
08-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks Maka, so it really takes at least 800 hours to get the full 400G, wow. I guess it will end up somewhere around 1200 hours to fill it.

EDIT:
Is there no option for adjusting the roundlimit? Sick... lol

Maka
08-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks Maka, so it really takes at least 800 hours to get the full 400G, wow. I guess it will end up somewhere around 1200 hours to fill it.

EDIT:
Is there no option for adjusting the roundlimit? Sick... lol

Using Demo mode, yes.

Arms Race, probably take around 200+ hours.

swenor
08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately my theory was correct - which Maka confirmed.
Spock - I looked at my achievements, and I came to conclusion that description for those achievos is wrong - instead of word "wins/matches" should be word "rounds".
Theres is an easy way to change round limit by changing certain file on pc - gamemodes.txt, but I doubt You can get access to it on X360.

Maka
08-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I think the best method is to Idle an Expert Bot Arms Race, and leave your controller for a REALLY long time.

That's what I can come up with

yakuzzaa
08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
So that means any game in classic ( best mode with oldschool maps ) is useless towards this achievement ???
Dont wonna play the new crap modes !

Andreas_loel
08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
So that means any game in classic ( best mode with oldschool maps ) is useless towards this achievement ???
Dont wonna play the new crap modes !

Same here fucking hate arms race and the new demo... I just wanna play old school cs for fuck sake

GIitch
08-23-2012, 01:37 AM

$50,000 came quick for me. I got it during my first game with bots. $50,000,000 would still probably be quicker than the 5,000 matches.

cooltoast
08-28-2012, 06:25 PM
You would have to leave your Xbox on nonstop for a month on arms race...seeing how I like my Xbox I won't be doing that lol

Spock
08-28-2012, 07:14 PM
You would have to leave your Xbox on nonstop for a month on arms race

Or you could just play the game and get it over time...

AFreakinCabbag3
08-28-2012, 07:26 PM

I'm sure 400 hours game time spawn camping bots seeing as online is often unplayable is fun to some however I don't find that fun, if you do good for you enjoy your achievement. I'll stick with my 290G on this game for the time being.

SSC MrNice
08-28-2012, 07:45 PM

Well that would be fine if you could play the classic Counter-Strike modes to get it done. But you have only the two options of Arms Race and Demolitions which, at least in my opinion, aren't nearly as much fun as the normal mode. Arms Race is fine but there are only two maps so it gets old pretty quickly. That's my major problem with this achievement. If I could get it done by normally playing online on awesome maps like dust_2 or all the great other maps I'd get it. It would take a lot of time but it would be doable by just playing the game. But unfortunately that's not possible

Spock
08-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't understand why people think they need every achievement even if that means not actually getting them. If you play enough to get the achievement, then you get the achievement. Can you not just accept that you won't get it if you're not up to playing that much or in the case of other achievements, not good enough for them? It's crazy how people view achievements. They have no meaning, the achievement part of it doesn't really exist, it's all just score being added on to your big e-pen' score.

Achievements should show what people have really done, trying to find exploits to get them just baffles me. What the hell is the fun in that? "Oh look, I got every achievement in this game, but not really".

If I played normally on got this achievement I wouldn't have proof that I actually did it. Achievements aren't proof of anything, which I think they were originally intended to be. Just to show off to your friends that you were able to accomplish something, but that's definitely not the case now is it?

/rant

SSC MrNice
08-28-2012, 09:17 PM
You're on a page that is pretty much dedicated to achievements. So yeah but that's that

But I see your point and you're right. And I for one will never get that specific achievement for the reasons in my last post. If I don't like to do something I won't do it. For example I can't stand collectibles when I need to use a guide to get them so I'm missing a lot of those points. I personally don't care becausr if I don't have fun I'm not even going to bother.

But to come back to my initial thought: especially on sites like x360a or TA there are people who are basically only playing games to get gamerscore and/or complete as many games as possible. Why? Because THEY like to do it. Because it's fun for THEM. Does that bother me? Nope, not at all. So why should it bother you? As long as you Mr. Spock have fun doing what you do you should be fine right?

Spock
08-28-2012, 10:06 PM
So why should it bother you? As long as you Mr. Spock have fun doing what you do you should be fine right?

It makes achievements worth less to me. I do something that takes time or skill, but no one can trust I got it legitimately and I could have just boosted it. So that's why it bothers me.

Nevander
08-28-2012, 10:23 PM
It makes achievements worth less to me. I do something that takes time or skill, but no one can trust I got it legitimately and I could have just boosted it. So that's why it bothers me.

Who cares what others think because in your mind and in your heart and such you will know that you got it legit or whatever may be the case. If they don't believe you then screw 'em.

Personally I boost what I can, mainly MP achievements. When people talk about them or ask how I did them, I reply "I boosted them." I'm not ashamed to have boosted and I'd be glad I did. Made it easier for me to get them.

When people call me out for being a "boosting n00b" or something along those lines, I don't even care. I just find it funny how they care so much about how I got my own achievements.

xTGMx INF3RNO
08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
the game is good. but fuck that seriously 3.0 would take less time. its only arcade aswell jheeezzz

WalterWhite
08-29-2012, 01:03 AM
the game is good. but fuck that seriously 3.0 would take less time. its only arcade aswell jheeezzz

That sort of crossed my mind too but truthfully Seriously 3.0 is this game times ten, and completely pointless. Probably half the people signed onto Gears of War 3 aren't even playing it. If they were smart about that achievement they would set it up so you have to actually be doing stuff and not just go AFK. The only reason that stupid achievement exists in my opinion is to have Gears of War 3 appear in the most played games on Live list each week.

Andreas_loel
08-29-2012, 03:22 AM
I don't understand why people think they need every achievement even if that means not actually getting them. If you play enough to get the achievement, then you get the achievement. Can you not just accept that you won't get it if you're not up to playing that much or in the case of other achievements, not good enough for them? It's crazy how people view achievements. They have no meaning, the achievement part of it doesn't really exist, it's all just score being added on to your big e-pen' score.

Achievements should show what people have really done, trying to find exploits to get them just baffles me. What the hell is the fun in that? "Oh look, I got every achievement in this game, but not really".

If I played normally on got this achievement I wouldn't have proof that I actually did it. Achievements aren't proof of anything, which I think they were originally intended to be. Just to show off to your friends that you were able to accomplish something, but that's definitely not the case now is it?

/rant

I paid for the full deal, the full deal is 400gamerscore. Now if i actually knew that they added in shitty fucking gun game and horrible new demo for the 5k games then i simply wouldnt have paid anything. Its hard to explain the mindset about it, but i guess it as easy as i paid so therefor i can.

Achievements arenth worth jack shit to me at this point, there are like 30-50 games i actually feel happy about playing/completing and ive got around 270 on my card that ive played total. Country rank of 28 and 137k gs but overall most games are just a major bore, luckily im not a 100% completionist so i play whatever the fuck i want which lets me find odd gems here and there.

Whenever people talk about hard/proud 100% i realize that most games ive played done absolutely nothing to make me feel proud. When im done with this you think i will feel pride? No its just 2gb hd space that i can get back because thanks to this shitty fucking list this game is just a major timewaste.

I agree with you completely that achievements have lost their appeal, its not about achieving anything. Its all about finding the shortcuts within the game to make it go faster, sometimes its better to give up just like i did with Gears 3 which is why i left it at 830 (no 30+ weeks event achievement nor seriously 3.0) because as much fun as the campaign is they fucking forced me to grind it until they made it a chore.
When i completed Halo 3 (My first 1k) i was happy as fuck, now its very rare i feel anything when i complete a game. It felt like i showed all my friends that i will always kick their ass when it comes to halo

This is how the 1 min after i unlock KOTK will look
*Achievement unlocked King of the kill*
Dashboard
Harddrive
Delete game

Wont be any jumping around no retarded cheering just a FUCK YOU and delete

Only joy i will get out of this completion is the satisfaction of deleting it off my HD

DEG23
08-29-2012, 03:53 AM
because as much fun as the campaign is they fucking forced me to grind it until they made it a chore.

I hate it when game developers force me to do something i don't want to:p

Not trying to start anything with you, but out of curiosity why did you buy this game without waiting to see what others thought about it or reading some reviews? You seem to be upset that it's taking up HD space?

See there's your problem, you care what others think about you. In the 6 years i've been on the 360 i have never once looked at another person's game list simply because i don't care how another person unlocked their achievements and i think most people are this way. I'm going to play this game as long as i enjoy it, 5000 game achievement or not.

Nevander
08-29-2012, 04:40 AM

I do if it's something completely ridiculous. 5000 games, 10,000 kills, a ton of grinding, grind this, grind that. Those types of achievements I do not care for, but I don't go and cry like a baby because they exist, instead I just say to myself that I probably won't end up getting them for whatever reason.

Now one thing that I hate more than grindy stuff is online stuff. Good god please keep those out of games, unless it's co-op. Nothing I hate more than MP achievements, well mainly hard/long ones at least.

Andreas_loel
08-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Not trying to start anything with you, but out of curiosity why did you buy this game without waiting to see what others thought about it or reading some reviews? You seem to be upset that it's taking up HD space?

Its Counterstrike? Its what i played back in the days as a kid, back when pc gaming meant 56k modems and wierd ass dial up noises and you couldnt be on for long because you hogged the telephone line.

Counterstrike is one of those shooters ive always had respect for, a game that while i havent played it for years i can still see something from a competetive game/montage and see that the player actually got skills.
Basically its a part of my childhood, that i up until 2012 only had good memories from.

What i got instead was a game that
Lags online
Have a shitty achievement list
Added shitty gamemodes that only kids want
Didnt even come with all classic shit

Just by checking the sensitivity you notice this game shouldnt be on consoles

And while the whole "Forcing me to do shit" might sound wierd, i still wanna finish most games i play.

I also had the xbox 1 version of cs and i remember enjoying that quite alot.

I shouldnt worry only 200 hours left of gun game!
meh fucking /wrist moment

cooltoast
08-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Lol yea. It's not worth the hassle. I hate achievements like this. Those that take time not skill. I won't get this. (tho i do boost some achievements when i know i can finish off a games score and its fun to boost cuz boosters have mics) Even if I played only these game types I won't be playing this counterstrike for years that this achievement would require if I actually play other games on Xbox. The new Xbox will be out and a new cs too. I sort of have OCD to get all achievements but this one I will say screw it. Games should stop putting In these chievos for OCDs' sake lol

StarsRPD
08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
I need about 350 more hours AFK lol 770/5000.

Good thing it's counting 2 matches a game. Can't say I look forward to they fix it. I just want to finish this game and play something else...

Ayx
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm around 1700 games and that's because I haven't touched my xbox for a few days since I usually don't during University, but it still feels like forever.

I know some people are boosting it online taking turns killing the bots and they're around the 2000 matches mark by now. But I'm not one of those who get a hard on being 1st in the world to complete it, since I don't have two Xbox consoles anyways.

WalterWhite
08-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I paid for the full deal, the full deal is 400gamerscore. Now if i actually knew that they added in shitty fucking gun game and horrible new demo for the 5k games then i simply wouldnt have paid anything. Its hard to explain the mindset about it, but i guess it as easy as i paid so therefor i can.

Achievements arenth worth jack shit to me at this point, there are like 30-50 games i actually feel happy about playing/completing and ive got around 270 on my card that ive played total. Country rank of 28 and 137k gs but overall most games are just a major bore, luckily im not a 100% completionist so i play whatever the fuck i want which lets me find odd gems here and there.

Whenever people talk about hard/proud 100% i realize that most games ive played done absolutely nothing to make me feel proud. When im done with this you think i will feel pride? No its just 2gb hd space that i can get back because thanks to this shitty fucking list this game is just a major timewaste.

I agree with you completely that achievements have lost their appeal, its not about achieving anything. Its all about finding the shortcuts within the game to make it go faster, sometimes its better to give up just like i did with Gears 3 which is why i left it at 830 (no 30+ weeks event achievement nor seriously 3.0) because as much fun as the campaign is they fucking forced me to grind it until they made it a chore.
When i completed Halo 3 (My first 1k) i was happy as fuck, now its very rare i feel anything when i complete a game. It felt like i showed all my friends that i will always kick their ass when it comes to halo

This is how the 1 min after i unlock KOTK will look
*Achievement unlocked King of the kill*
Dashboard
Harddrive
Delete game

Wont be any jumping around no retarded cheering just a FUCK YOU and delete

Only joy i will get out of this completion is the satisfaction of deleting it off my HD

I kind of want to create a signature just to showcase your entire post and forever remember the day that I finally read the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen on the internet.

I don't even know where to start so I bolded my favorite parts of your non-sensical contradictory rant - which when read by themselves, read like the scribblings of a madman.

You say you don't care about gamerscore then go on to list your overall gamerscore rank for you're entire country. Really? You had a chance to play a demo and read the achievement list, you knew what you were getting into for the 5,000 match achievement. The only people bothering to boost the 5,000 matches are people who do care about achievements and completion, otherwise they wouldn't fucking bother! Nobody is forcing you to grind, you made the choice.

You need to throw your Xbox in the garbage, go back to middle school, look up the word responsibility, take some and never look back. It's going to be a long life pal.

Pyrochaos
08-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I love the mentality of some of the achievement whores. They will play games that are complete shit for an easy 1000, and won't even play awesome games if there is one hard achievement in it.

Good luck in real life children.

Andreas_loel
08-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I kind of want to create a signature just to showcase your entire post and forever remember the day that I finally read the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen on the internet.

I don't even know where to start so I bolded my favorite parts of your non-sensical contradictory rant - which when read by themselves, read like the scribblings of a madman.

You say you don't care about gamerscore then go on to list your overall gamerscore rank for you're entire country. Really? You had a chance to play a demo and read the achievement list, you knew what you were getting into for the 5,000 match achievement. The only people bothering to boost the 5,000 matches are people who do care about achievements and completion, otherwise they wouldn't fucking bother! Nobody is forcing you to grind, you made the choice.

You need to throw your Xbox in the garbage, go back to middle school, look up the word responsibility, take some and never look back. It's going to be a long life pal.

Dumbest thing on the internet? Head over to either the ff section or a free anime forum of choice

I think i posted that around 13-14 hours ago? thats 3-5 in the morning somewhere inbeetween

Counterstrike up until this point has never required any demo for me to like it.

I could ofc uninstall the game but meh waste of money, i rather bitch about it and keep myself entertained for the 2 hours it will take.

My country rank and such just shows that getting said amount is easy if you got enough spare time.

Same thing there i could, but then ill get bored. Thank you for the blessing :) Looking forward to my long life, its gonna be one hell of a ride.

Brb im gonna go play some MGS PW HD nao :)

I mak3 big boom
10-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I just got this achievement and the 10000 kill achievement and finally got the 100% :D

LastFog
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Not sure if this was addressed already, but is anyone getting jipped toward this achievement? I've been playing this game consistantly almost since it came out, and usually play demolition, and it says I have only played 160 matches. I thought that seemed low but didn't think much of it. But just now I looked at my stats and it says my most played map is Safehouse with 370 matches.... that's more than twice my total and it's only one map. WTF?

EDIT: I just thought about this, and maybe the favorite map stat is referring to rounds, and not matches? it doesn't specify, but it sure feels like I played more than 160 matches.