PDA

View Full Version : This Game is not CS

Predni
08-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi

I play 2h the Full Demo but this Game is not really good and its not CS. I played CS from Beta 7.1 until CS 1.3 so years ago...

Positiv is the graphics look Good and now CS on "Next gen Console" yeah but the Player / Weaponanimation are horrible for 2012, 1999 looks better. Every Game lagged, the hitboxes are not good, every player crouch and shoot, really every^^

In Arms Race really often you have no animation, you push RT for a Shoot and then switch the Weapon because you kill the enemy but no shootanimation or sound or something only weaponchange...

The Maps with 5vs5 is to low, why not the Standardlimit 16?

The Control at the Beginning horrible but after several Rounds looks ok, not perfect but ok.

The Game is fast and quick but for me its not really CS, ok 2h not enough Time but 1200MS for more testing? i dont know

And the last point the stupid timeseeking Achievements, Rampage its 100% boost, no one get this without boost, Clean Sweep achievement too, the bots aiming good :)

King of Kill is really 5000 Rounds until the END.

Awardist need 100 Awards, in Game total 137 but "100 Awards" is one of this as example. By some Awards i ask my self WTF WTF WTF, i think is a hard achievement too.

Ok for first Impression enough, what think you about CS:Go?

regards

PS: sry for this worst english^^

JPEC83
08-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't worry about your English as I assume it is your second language.

The only thing I take issue with is you saying it isn't CS. It is CS, Valve owns CS and if Valve wants to make a game about rabbits menstruating and call it CS, then it is CS.

Bajan Elite
08-22-2012, 01:54 PM
How did you play the demo for 2 hours when it only offers you 45 minutes?

Pyrochaos
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
This is CS. Feels the exact same, with updated graphics and some tweaks to things like weapon spray, recoil, ect.

You can't really complain about the controls because it lets you customize every single button.

iTwIsTeDmInDx
08-22-2012, 02:06 PM
This is CS:S it feels like CS:S but new, exactly the same

Pyrochaos
08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
This is CS:S it feels like CS:S but new, exactly the same

Exactly! Which is why I will be playing the living shit out of it.

drebus
08-22-2012, 02:09 PM
This game is not CS 1.6 (or lower) and will never be.
This game is not Source and will never be.
This is a new game, based on older games. It's not a clone with updated graphics, it's a new game.
It's Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

People who keep saying 'this isn't counter-strike' should stick to playing 1.6, since that game is so perfect in their eyes.

warrenpaul
08-22-2012, 03:43 PM
This is CS. Feels the exact same, with updated graphics and some tweaks to things like weapon spray, recoil, ect.

You can't really complain about the controls because it lets you customize every single button.

^ agreed there

pined5551
08-22-2012, 04:56 PM
It feels strange playing without using LT to bring up the iron sights like in most FPS games. I played CS:S on the PC, though not a huge amount. I couldn't find the M4 in the demo though. Is it in the game anyone?

UND3RxOATH
08-22-2012, 08:38 PM

Most true statement ever. Counter-Strike will always be Counter-Strike, there will never be a huge change in the direction of this game. People probably don't remember, but CS at one point was just a mod from Half-Life. It hasn't changed too much since then.

warrenpaul
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM
It feels strange playing without using LT to bring up the iron sights like in most FPS games. I played CS:S on the PC, though not a huge amount. I couldn't find the M4 in the demo though. Is it in the game anyone?

M4A1?

its the buy menu?

FYC Punker
08-23-2012, 04:41 AM
The only thing I dislike which is me just nit picking but you don't have to buy ammo...it kinda takes away a bit of stratagy.

Andreas_loel
08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
First impression was: Its good and enjoyable.
After getting some sleep and getting back on it sucks, i hate arms race and the new demo but if im playing classic its a waste of time due to king of the kill.

Patch it to 5000 rounds of any kind and im alright. Cs is all about owning it up until you can buy the weapons you like, instead if im doing good i get shit like fiveseven and p90? Go fuck yourself valve.
Also frags doesnt do shit no point of having them ingame at all

Kunduz
08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
if Valve wants to make a game about rabbits menstruating and call it CS, then it is CS.I'd buy that game

McKnives
08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
First impression was: Its good and enjoyable.
After getting some sleep and getting back on it sucks, i hate arms race and the new demo but if im playing classic its a waste of time due to king of the kill.

Patch it to 5000 rounds of any kind and im alright. Cs is all about owning it up until you can buy the weapons you like, instead if im doing good i get shit like fiveseven and p90? Go fuck yourself valve.
Also frags doesnt do shit no point of having them ingame at all

How about they don't patch it?

I'm sick of all the little whingers moaning about the 5000 matches. It's not suposed to be easy, it's rewarding people who play the game alot.

You and the other moaners will just have to accept that you can't simply boost everything and drain the fun out of every decent game that comes out

Besides, you can't get every single achievement in every single game

Pyrochaos
08-23-2012, 02:50 PM

I'm sick of all the little whingers moaning about the 5000 matches. It's not suposed to be easy, it's rewarding people who play the game alot.

You and the other moaners will just have to accept that you can't simply boost everything and drain the fun out of every decent game that comes out

Oh great, here come the "bb...bbbb...bbuut you're on an achievement site!" responses. I agree with you btw.

EliteShadowMan
08-23-2012, 03:29 PM

This. I plan on playing this for a while, so not sure when or if i'll boost the other achievements. People that boost 5,000 matches right off the bat are ruining half the fun of the game.

Oh great, here come the "bb...bbbb...bbuut you're on an achievement site!" responses. I agree with you btw.

Don't jinx it!

Tampanation
08-23-2012, 06:40 PM
seems to me like they did a great job on this installment of cs. i notice zero lag.

Nevander
08-23-2012, 07:07 PM
It feels strange playing without using LT to bring up the iron sights like in most FPS games.

I'd say it feels strange using iron sights. I grew up with games without iron sights... Doom, etc.

AFreakinCabbag3
08-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Est. 20-30 days game time in a specific game mode on an arcade title is kind of over kill.

MabusScarab
08-24-2012, 05:26 AM
I never played any of the counter strike games on the PC, so as a person completely new to the game, I suffered through the 45 minute trial and deleted it right after. I thought it was pretty terrible, but my opinion might be completely different if I had grown up playing other CS games.

It's like Perfect Dark, I played it on N64 back in the day and loved it, and once they released the remake on the arcade I enjoyed it as much as I used to. Friends of mine who tried it on xbox that never played it before thought it was complete crap.

I guess my point is, if you haven't played a CS game before, lower your expectations before you try it, and definitely play through the trial before purchasing. I was really looking forward to this game and was pretty floored by how much I didn't like it. I'm sure there's a high level of appreciation and fuzzy memories factoring into a lot of people enjoying this game, which I obviously lack because i'm new to the series.

Andreas_loel
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM

I wouldnt complain if it was counting classic, cant stand the fucking fag shit game mode the put in this. Gungame can easily gtfo same with new demo. This isnt fucking cs at all. Rewarding the people that play it? I wanna play it not the fucking shit gamemodes though

Ayx
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I wouldnt complain if it was counting classic, cant stand the fucking fag shit game mode the put in this. Gungame can easily gtfo same with new demo. This isnt fucking cs at all. Rewarding the people that play it? I wanna play it not the fucking shit gamemodes thoughAre you popping zits as you type this? I should report you for using offensive language, regardless of not directing it to anyone in general.

You know you don't have to do the achievements right and just enjoy the game for what it is? Just play like you normally do and leave the Xbox overnight running Arms Race. It seems that you want the achievement pretty bad, so there's the suggestion to you. Not like you'd actually play 5000 Games of Classic if that were an achievement anytime soon anyways.

Andreas_loel
08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Are you popping zits as you type this? I should report you for using offensive language, regardless of not directing it to anyone in general.

You know you don't have to do the achievements right and just enjoy the game for what it is? Just play like you normally do and leave the Xbox overnight running Arms Race. It seems that you want the achievement pretty bad, so there's the suggestion to you. Not like you'd actually play 5000 Games of Classic if that were an achievement anytime soon anyways.

Not really, are you putting on makeup because you seem a bit sensitive?
Ofcourse i want the fucking achievement why would i check any achievements otherwise? No point in checking most x360a related nor forums.
Classic > new.
Cs isnt gun game, shit mod should had stayed on pc.

Got other titles comming wanna be done asap

Shinobi273
08-24-2012, 11:22 PM
People who keep saying 'this isn't counter-strike' should stick to playing 1.6, since that game is so perfect in their eyes.

I will continue to stick to 1.5

Are they keeping score now? The best part of CS was the pick up and play aspect. I enjoyed not keeping score and playing to the last man standing. The time spent waiting for the survivors to kill each other off was golden chat time (text chat). The come from behind wins planting the bomb were epic. It was also fun to play with other people's mods. Like flashbangs that played "Blinded by the Light".

Ayx
08-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Not really, are you putting on makeup because you seem a bit sensitive?
Ofcourse i want the fucking achievement why would i check any achievements otherwise? No point in checking most x360a related nor forums.
Classic > new.
Cs isnt gun game, shit mod should had stayed on pc.

Got other titles comming wanna be done asapSensitive? Does using profanity for the sake using profanities make your self-esteem go higher? Because that's a technique people use when they're normally bullied IRL.

Then there's your problem solver, Idle your xbox.

New > Classic. Move on with the times.

I mak3 big boom
08-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Never played CS before and I love this game. I don't care if this isnt your idea of CS its fucking awesome!

BUZZARDIO 1080
08-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Sensitive? Does using profanity for the sake using profanities make your self-esteem go higher? Because that's a technique people use when they're normally bullied IRL.

You seem to be bullying him yourself ,you insult him(personally) because he swore on an Internet forum(not directed at anyone personally) .You take the moral high ground ,bleet on about self esteem,then offer to blow gackt for a fuckin sig ,hilarious.

FYC Punker
08-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Not to throw gas on the fire but I really enjoy when people say things like this,the ignorance behind it is astounding.

New is good yes,but sticking to what made the game great in the first place is very important and I doubt your a veteran of counter strike,so while new is good a game "like this" should very much be pick up and play but should also be a game that's "better with practice.

If your one of those people that scream "adapt" because you say new is better then classic just stop yourself there because that will never be true,and don't act like you never bitched about a sequal or remake because we all have.

GIitch
08-25-2012, 10:15 AM

It's 5,000 matches of Demolition and Arms Race. If it were 5,000 matches of any game mode it would be a lot better. I personally do not like playing those two modes except to get the awards. I would rather be playing Defuse and Hostage missions since they at least let you choose the weapons that you want to use.

warrenpaul
08-25-2012, 11:20 AM
im hoping they release an update which adds the suppressor to the m4a1

Ayx
08-25-2012, 01:48 PM
You seem to be bullying him yourself ,you insult him(personally) because he swore on an Internet forum(not directed at anyone personally) .You take the moral high ground ,bleet on about self esteem,then offer to blow gackt for a fuckin sig ,hilarious.Did I ever claim he was bullied? I said the attitude he portrays is someone who displays such conduct. Good to know you judge by signatures, as you can tell by the obvious difference in grammar, it's a joke since me and him don't get along. Also, it was using the word 'fag' to describe something when using slurs to express his anger could insult a member in the forums without it being directed at him. Nice way to jump off topic attempting to get some attention by quoting something completely unrelated to you.

Not to throw gas on the fire but I really enjoy when people say things like this,the ignorance behind it is astounding.

New is good yes,but sticking to what made the game great in the first place is very important and I doubt your a veteran of counter strike,so while new is good a game "like this" should very much be pick up and play but should also be a game that's "better with practice.

If your one of those people that scream "adapt" because you say new is better then classic just stop yourself there because that will never be true,and don't act like you never bitched about a sequal or remake because we all have.
Ignorance is a little harsh of a word, considering I played Call of Duty 4 competitively for 3 years ignoring WaW and MW2. I completely understand that once you get an engine down and become really skilled with it, you don't want to change it but lets be real, Counter Strike's formula has been going for years miles longer than Halo & Call of Duty (The games people bitch about the most.) What does CoD get ragged on? For "never" changing and being the same "garbage" for 4 years straight, even though the guns change every year including the setting. Halo changes a few things to tweak the multiplayer and the purists claim it's the worst entry yet despite it being one of the most balanced period.

In the end, people will always complain regardless if the game stood to it's core or not because people are people. The same people who mindlessly defend it's outdated formula is as "ignorant" as the people who are open to change regardless of it's past. Aren't you veterans suppose to be accepting the newbies to your franchise? Of course this isn't going to be played like your old games, but it has the same concept regarding Classic Mode. The game is made for PC, so Xbox has a bit of a problem adapting to that controller scheme. What's oh so god different about it when I've been watching competitive CS matches for years when the only thing (as a spectator) that I see different is improved graphics and a obviously poorer frame rate? The maps are fans favorites and the mind games are the same.

AFreakinCabbag3
08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Nice way to jump off topic attempting to get some attention by quoting something completely unrelated to you.

Like you did in the first place to start the whole thing, it was unrelated to anyone therefore you should take your own advice.

Ayx
08-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Like you did in the first place to start the whole thing, it was unrelated to anyone therefore you should take your own advice.If you read my second paragraph, I posted on topic regarding the difficulty of the achievements with a solution on how to solve it. Buzz posted only regarding the situation that had nothing to do with him in the first place without any input on the topic. I don't see how I'm in the wrong. The only input that he provided was with his opinion against my word, which has nothing to do with the topic's discussion.

Andreas_loel
08-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Sensitive? Does using profanity for the sake using profanities make your self-esteem go higher? Because that's a technique people use when they're normally bullied IRL.

I use profanity because i choose to quite simple, its the way i talk/type and it floats my boat.
Are you really that sensitive to me using the word fag? Sure is was a bad word but i couldnt go with fucking dtupid shitfuck to describe what i think about new demo/gun game. My best friend since 20 years back came out of the closet, maybe you should do the same?

And about self eestem im fucking awesome how bout you?

Classic > new
Halo 2 > Halo reach
Cod 4 > MW3
San andreas > GTA 4
Cs 1.3 > CS: GO
90's > 10's

ofay
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
To everyone complaining about playing the 5000 matches, just leave it on arms race whole you sleep and soon enough you'll have the matches without ever going thru the trouble of playing them. Then you can get your cheevo and stop using the shitty excuse that one cheevo ruins the game

My best friend since 20 years back came out of the closet, maybe you should do the same?

So since I have black friends I can say n igger? You need to check your logic

I mak3 big boom
08-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Did I ever claim he was bullied? I said the attitude he portrays is someone who displays such conduct. Good to know you judge by signatures, as you can tell by the obvious difference in grammar, it's a joke since me and him don't get along. Also, it was using the word 'fag' to describe something when using slurs to express his anger could insult a member in the forums without it being directed at him. Nice way to jump off topic attempting to get some attention by quoting something completely unrelated to you.

Ignorance is a little harsh of a word, considering I played Call of Duty 4 competitively for 3 years ignoring WaW and MW2. I completely understand that once you get an engine down and become really skilled with it, you don't want to change it but lets be real, Counter Strike's formula has been going for years miles longer than Halo & Call of Duty (The games people bitch about the most.) What does CoD get ragged on? For "never" changing and being the same "garbage" for 4 years straight, even though the guns change every year including the setting. Halo changes a few things to tweak the multiplayer and the purists claim it's the worst entry yet despite it being one of the most balanced period.

Well Gackt is gone so that signature is pointless :(

DEG23
08-29-2012, 12:28 AM
The only change that slightly bothers me is not having to buy ammo. This used to play a big part in determining your loadout, now it feels like i can buy everything i want, even if i die each round.

warrenpaul
08-29-2012, 12:56 AM
It's 5,000 matches of Demolition and Arms Race. If it were 5,000 matches of any game mode it would be a lot better. I personally do not like playing those two modes except to get the awards. I would rather be playing Defuse and Hostage missions since they at least let you choose the weapons that you want to use.

This^

i really wanna try and get this the right way but 5k matches is unreal, but its good in way as it should keep people playing, but i gotta be honest, i really aint feeling these new game modes

It would be a big bonus if they pathed it so casual games counted aswell

I only have 3 more left on this, awards one, 10k kills and the 5k one, i can get the first 2 no problem but im gonna really wanna get the 5k one aswell, but its long!

Andreas_loel
08-29-2012, 03:36 AM
So since I have black friends I can say n igger? You need to check your logic

Depends on how good friends you are and how you put it really, whenever im talking with black friends they know im fucking around.
If you use it in a negative way against the wrong person then its your own fault, not much i can do really.

Its not like i run up to random gay people outside and scream shit like "YOU ARE A FUCKING FAGGOT"

Whenever my friend calls i answer with "Sup faggot" He knows im just fucking around, and he can be exactly whatever the fuck he wants because its his life and im not gonna judge him. I often tell him that god will make him burn in hell which is amusing ;) But thats only because christian extremists are funny

But then again i picked up most english back in the early days from sitcoms and rap music so maybe im not sensitive

Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz feat. Ice Cube - Roll Call (Dirty) - YouTube
Take your time and sing along?

And in the end its just a word, unfortunately i used it to describe something that was complete shit. So i should had used the word shit instead of fag.

And if anyone in this thread is gay then good for you, enjoy life and have safe sex so you dont get aids etc

ofay
08-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Depends on how good friends you are and how you put it really, whenever im talking with black friends they know im fucking around.

I didn't read past this because this statement proves your ignorance. Calling someone a n igger or a fag or any other derogatory term is never joking. Those words are used to keep people down and build a society that has a class system.

Next time you see a random black guy, give him the argument you just gave me why it's ok to call him a n igger and let us know how that goes.

And this started because you said you could use the word fag because you have a gay friend

DarkSydeJak
10-27-2012, 04:38 PM
They Really Need To Add More Maps :/