PDA

View Full Version : Rampage tips?

Bum Commando
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I tried all this morning on both maps and managed to finish with 27 kills 2 deaths a few times but I can't seem to go without dying the bots on easy still have aim and chip away at my health.

My tactics for shoots was to make a b-line for the left side of the enemy base in the house. Enemys would then file through the door or occasionally drop through the roof if they spawn on top. Try to stay away from the doorway and keep an eye on both enemy entry points.

For baggage i liked to take the right hallway that leads up and pick off enemies from the hallway. Try not to get shot and keep an eye on your radar to make sure enemies dont sneak from behind. You can view into the enemy spawn from the hallway and its an excellent vantage point. If engaging a long distance target with a short range weapon and the enemy ai pauses take cover or eventually theyll sneak in a couple shots on you.

These tactics got me down to 2 deaths so they do work. Anybody else have any ideas how to get this?

Maka
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
I tried all this morning on both maps and managed to finish with 27 kills 2 deaths a few times but I can't seem to go without dying the bots on easy still have aim and chip away at my health.

My tactics for shoots was to make a b-line for the left side of the enemy base in the house. Enemys would then file through the door or occasionally drop through the roof if they spawn on top. Try to stay away from the doorway and keep an eye on both enemy entry points.

For baggage i liked to take the right hallway that leads up and pick off enemies from the hallway. Try not to get shot and keep an eye on your radar to make sure enemies dont sneak from behind. You can view into the enemy spawn from the hallway and its an excellent vantage point. If engaging a long distance target with a short range weapon and the enemy ai pauses take cover or eventually theyll sneak in a couple shots on you.

These tactics got me down to 2 deaths so they do work. Anybody else have any ideas how to get this?

I wasn't able to do much better than you. I've noticed its a lot easier if you aim at bots that are not looking in your direction, and make sure you only have one bot on your screen at any given moment.

For the last knife kill, make sure you flank!

Nevander
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Found out it can be done in a private game, but for solo bots I would suggest sticking back on the upper area where you spawn on Shoots. Like Maka said, for the knife kill, wait for an opportunity and flank.

Bum Commando
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Which level did you prefer? I found baggage to be easier.

Edit: dammit just went 27 and 1 on baggage. I died at 21 deaths man this is enduring.

lifetimegamer
08-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Still got a way to go (like you I'm averaging at 27:2 at the moment, heh) but I reckon Shoots will be the level I manage it on in the end.

So far I've found spawning as T, going up the first stairs and then camping in either building to be the most effective, the only problem is that the enemies sometimes take a while to turn up, meaning I actually found myself in 2nd/3rd place at times.

Still, the awards require you to play a lot of rounds so I guess there is no rush yet :)

KILLBOT
08-23-2012, 11:12 AM
If you're going 27-2 you're doing something right.

I did mine on Shoots, just hung around in the left hand building on the CT side. Be patient, and when you do get the chance to take down an ememy do it it quickly. It seems that if you give them too long they'll one pop you in the head.

warrenpaul
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I got this last night, uploading video now

warrenpaul
08-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Rampage! >

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive | Rampage Achievement | HD - YouTube

hope it helps!

Vitamin Dean
08-23-2012, 01:09 PM
I did this on the jungle map, not sure if that's it's correct name, and just stuck to one of the top level left or right huts in the middle, took a fair few goes but got it done.

Maka
08-23-2012, 11:10 PM
After experimenting, the best way to get this is on Baggage on the Terrorist team.

Here is my video with full commentary on how to get this achievement:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Rampage Achievement Guide - YouTube

DEG23
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Managed to do this 3 times last night on baggage. I kept shifting my position between the high point on the right and the main approach.

Tips i can offer are:
-Don't cross into the enemy's spawn area. (you won't last long)
-If an enemy is looking at you, run, don't risk trying to duel it out, especially at long range because the enemies can headshot you out of no where.
-Try and stay within eyesight of your team so when they draw the enemy's attention you can steal the kills.
-Keep a close eye on your mini map so you know roughly where everyone is.
-For the knife kill, hold back until an enemy starts shooting at a teammate, then run up behind them for an instant kill.

EDIT: Just watched Maka's video, that's pretty much the strategy i used:D