PDA

View Full Version : What is this witchcraft?

j9292
08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Having to go to game chat to play and not even being able to find a game in the other game modes. And don't even get me started about the achievements. I like the game but I think I am just going to pick this up on the PC if anything. Because I'm sure the consoles online will be dead after the new cod and halo.

Edit: For anyone that may know do you have to be in game chat for all game modes?

UND3RxOATH
08-22-2012, 08:36 PM
I haven't had any friends to be in a party chat, however, if I guess this goes back to how the PC plays. I hear the other team talking all the time even though I'm CT. I was like, what the hell?

I'm going to guess that yes you have to be in game chat, but I can't confirm that.

The Bum-Mobile
08-22-2012, 09:35 PM
That fucking sucks. I'm always in party chat, because I'd rather talk to my buddies than either A, sit in a lobby full of idiots or B, sit in a lobby full of a bunch of deaf mutes. You know this won't help communication or whatever the hell Valve was aiming for.

Gun-Nut
08-22-2012, 09:36 PM
I take it you can talk in-game just fine? I'm guessing its done since it is more of a tactical shooter.

DR3AMxCATCHER
08-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I totally agree with you. Perhaps it's something that might change with an update in the future. (This is UND3RxOATH, was long in the wrong account like a noob earlier).

I hope it changes, but if it...I'm use to this because of the PC.

Pr0ph3cy
08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
There is this new feature called Mute. It works really well

azGRIMES
08-23-2012, 12:20 AM
This is part of the reason I haven't bought the game yet. I am ALWAYS in party chat and I don't want to have to leave all my friends if I'm the only one playing the game. I really like the game, but party chat is a huge part of my Xbox experience.

Hagane
08-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Kinda expected, as it is a "tactical shooter"... in actual quotations. :p

Can anyone confirm if Private Chat works?

Frozenghost001
08-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Kinda expected, as it is a "tactical shooter"... in actual quotations. :p

Can anyone confirm if Private Chat works?
private chat DOES NOT work either... which is really strange because it works in CoD but whatever.

tried private chatting with my friend who was playing SnD on MW3 and it instantly kicked me out of the game without the warning that party chat gives (return to game chat or get kicked).

Xx Overkill VR
08-23-2012, 04:02 AM
This is done for two reasons:
1. Prevent Cheating: when you die you get to spectate other players which can be used to aid your friend who is still playing.
2. Promote Communication: out of the 200 rounds that I played today, I can safely say that it was the best socializing with strangers since before Party Chat was invented.

While Party Chat has its uses there is no disagreeing with the fact that it promotes very selfish play. You are playing one game and your head is in the private chat instead talking to your teammates. More games should have this feature even to the extent of toggling it for custom games. The most popular BF3 servers are the ones that require MICs and VOIP.

People being annoying or rude? Mute by pressing Right on the D Pad when on the scoreboard. Since this is a much more mature and mentally demanding game it will filter out all the assholes and prepubescent kids.

Gageamatron
08-23-2012, 04:18 AM
This is done for two reasons:
1. Prevent Cheating: when you die you get to spectate other players which can be used to aid your friend who is still playing.
2. Promote Communication: out of the 200 rounds that I played today, I can safely say that it was the best socializing with strangers since before Party Chat was invented.

While Party Chat has its uses there is no disagreeing with the fact that it promotes very selfish play. You are playing one game and your head is in the private chat instead talking to your teammates. More games should have this feature even to the extent of toggling it for custom games. The most popular BF3 servers are the ones that require MICs and VOIP.

People being annoying or rude? Mute by pressing Right on the D Pad when on the scoreboard. Since this is a much more mature and mentally demanding game it will filter out all the assholes and prepubescent kids.

This guy ate his Wheaties this morning!

I agree dude. I actually miss xbox pre party chat. Gears 1 meeting all kinds of new people. This is brings back memories.

The Bum-Mobile
08-23-2012, 04:25 AM
While I love meeting random, actually cool people on Xbox an I agree it happened more pre-parties, games shouldn't force game chat. I'll admit I was in a lobby with some really funny guys, but every other lobby was completely dead. Let's be honest, Xbox Live's golden years are behind us, and forcing people to play in game chat isn't going to help that.

j9292
08-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Let's be honest, Xbox Live's golden years are behind us, and forcing people to play in game chat isn't going to help that.

This is true. I have friends that i enjoy talking to and if I want to talk to people in a game chat I would play a game mode with game chat. But having all the game modes be game chat is kind of silly IMO. I am reluctant to buy it just because of that. The few games I did play in the 45 minutes that i was given I had 2 other people with mics. And one of the times I could hear the guy on the other team when I was alive I don't know if that was a glitch but making you go in game chat to make it more tactical would be pointless if you can talk to the people on the other team.

alpha17
08-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Some times it can be fun to hear what the other team is saying. It's not like people are playing for real on here. Plus now when a guy gets a lucky kill I can curse him out instantly instead of having to wait.

CHIRUNO99
08-23-2012, 08:13 AM
There are a few games which do this, some modes in CoD and Dark Souls.
It's a great way to prevent a friend going on the opposite team and giving away their team's positions making the game unfair.

I wasn't around before pre-party but with enough VoIP experience I've had it's been great being able to talk to other players whilst playing the same game with them. It's how I made most of my firends back then.