PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

ShotyMcFat
08-23-2012, 01:40 AM
>>Full Achievement List Here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-4/achievements/)<<

You know the drill, Just talk umongst yourself about the achievements.

They seem to be easy, lets just hope to god the DLC ones don't require specific maps.

BeniShroom
08-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Just saw this on Halo.xbox.com

They look easy. :)

xDAKx
08-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Here is a link to halo waypoint with images

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/22/The-Halo-Bulletin-82212.aspx

DEG23
08-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Interesting list, i'm just glad there are no crazy luck based achievements.

crazy W01f 816
08-23-2012, 02:58 AM
The achievements tiles look so bleh compared to previous halo titles. I only like the wolf one, for obvious reasons. They do look easy though.

iBuzz7S
08-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Holy crap! Could be my first Halo game where I can unlock all of the achievements.

The Elite Elite
08-23-2012, 04:18 AM
I highly approve of this list! No outrageous multiplayer achievements. Now I just have to hope that the additional achievements and gamerscore that will eventually be added on to this list will be all for new Spartan Ops missions, and not some stupid multiplayer achievements like the Reach and Halo 3 map packs gave us.

LethalEdge
08-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Looks a pretty good list. Multiplayer achievements look fun and decent. :)

Steve9213
08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
None look too bad really :) can't wait.

mrcrash01
08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Some of the achievements actually confirm skulls and terminals, if this have been confirmed earlier, don't blame me since I have been without internet for a while.

RBmaster9345
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Seems really easy. No BS multiplayer chievos this time around thank god

LickableLemons7
08-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Meh. Too easy. Hopefully legendary will be a challenge. It's been waaaay too easy the past few games. Hopefully it's as difficult as Halo CE's, but not as difficult as Halo 2's campaign. At least there's no achievement for getting a perfection or getting a double kill with a Spartan laser. I nearly had to boost for those.

Nozza XBA
08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Saw them earlier. Nice little list. I'm close to finally completing H3/ODST (maximum of 15 achievements between both of them) after all these years! Just need the Reach DLC to be cheap and I'll get onto that!

Looks like we'll have to play through the campaign twice as well! Or more if you don't do it on Legendary!

oriic
08-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Hm. The easiest achievements in the Halo history...

ronnie42
08-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Looks like more easy gamerscore.

niko da bos
08-23-2012, 02:47 PM
i agree the list looks fairly easy compared to other halo titles. im betting that the DLC adds some tougher MP achievements :P. it looks like they had a good number dedicated to spartan ops, even a RvB easter egg.

wondering how tough the campaign will be on legendary, ive seen some footage but i guess the only way to know would be to play it :(

EDIT : i actually like the new pics for the achievements.

plum
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Very easy looking achieves but wee all know what that means. MORE TIME PLAYING MULTIPLAYER Can't waaaaaaait

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
08-23-2012, 04:30 PM
The multiplayer ones are ridiculous lol! I wish they had replaced them with more original ones.

Frozenghost001
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Some of the achievements actually confirm skulls and terminals, if this have been confirmed earlier, don't blame me since I have been without internet for a while.
BUT what they dont confirm is whether or not skulls are findable like in Halo 2, 3 & CEA or are all automatically unlocked like in ODST & Reach.

i really hope they are findables because I really enjoyed going skull hunting in the older Halo's (added to the campaign replay value)

ZingZitang
08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Hopefully it's as difficult as Halo CE's, but not as difficult as Halo 2's campaign.Honestly, after playing Halo 2 on Legendary, Halo CE feels like a walk in the park. Halo 2 Legendary was Brutal. I thought Reach Legendary Solo was an Acceptable Challenge, so I personally hope its more around that.

I want more Single player achievements personally, but at least there aren't any dumb multiplayer achievements. . . Yet.

UltimaDragoon89
08-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Seriously, either I am getting better at halo (doubtful), or the achievements keep getting easier. I have all but 2 of the shipped achievements for Reach, these I might just get them all.

Ty-Rex
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm disappointed in this list to be honest.

There are not nearly enough "bro" themed achievements to satisfy my lust for hip vernacular. Only a daily basis, I say "bro" between 15-5000 times, and if 343gie can't understand that this is how cool people speak, then they will surely fail.

niko da bos
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm disappointed in this list to be honest.

There are not nearly enough "bro" themed achievements to satisfy my lust for hip vernacular. Only a daily basis, I say "bro" between 15-5000 times, and if 343gie can't understand that this is how cool people speak, then they will surely fail.

lmao @ 343gie

Seriously, either I am getting better at halo (doubtful), or the achievements keep getting easier. I have all but 2 of the shipped achievements for Reach, these I might just get them all.

im going to say both, because i doubt you are progressively getting worse at halo:p. got to agree that the achievements are getting easier, compare this to halo3 and its about 5x easier.

iFR3SH69
08-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Cant wait to hop online

Son of Kyuss
08-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Seems to be a nice, easy and balanced list, but I can't help but feel like those "change X" and "create and save" achievements should have been reduced to make room for some other achievements since they are quite petty.

Spock
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Well that's one boring list now isn't it? Besides the Red vs. Blue references of course...

Lord Montymort
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
The only thing I don't really like about this list is been expected to play though on Co-Op. It's hard enough trying to schedule a time to play with any of my friends these days as it is, no way we're gonna find time to play though the entire game. Co-Op should always be optional, not mandatory.

DxxxRules
08-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Yeah! Cruisin in the warthog at midnight

Kaiyo
08-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Alright, no ghey multiplayer achievements until DLC brings them out.

Robobeast76
08-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Good list is good. Agree with above that they will stuff it up when they bring out silly MP based ones that need to be boosted

Ty-Rex
08-24-2012, 04:39 AM
The only thing I don't really like about this list is been expected to play though on Co-Op. It's hard enough trying to schedule a time to play with any of my friends these days as it is, no way we're gonna find time to play though the entire game. Co-Op should always be optional, not mandatory.
You can always plug in a second controller if you have one.

Doing that also lets you just throw bodies at the enemies non-stop until you win. This is assuming there's no Gimmicky Space Mission Section™ like in Long Night of Solace.

ajennice
08-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Looks lie a nice majority can be nailed during 1 Co-Op run through.... nice

Der Fuhrer
08-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Lone Wolf Legend
Complete the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty.
90 points

Bromageddon
Complete the Campaign co-operatively on Heroic or harder.
40 pointsAn interesting combination, probably 3 total playthroughs to get these two achievements plus all the collectables and mission-specific tasks. Overall I like it though, hopefully the Spartan Ops are not that hard. One question though, does this mean there are no skulls to find in the game and are just options (like in Reach) or is there just no achievement related to finding them?

MixMaker1
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Super pumped for these. While these are "easier" than most of the other Halo games - they're all attainable and don't require any boosting in MP (Wargames).

This is a big plus for me as I've collected ALL the Halo achievements in the franchise. I'm going to make a breakdown video of the achievements soon and will post it here.

halorvb13
08-24-2012, 01:18 PM
I think I'm going to do something totally insane and do my first playthrough solo legendary.

B0seiju
08-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Again no "make 5 supercombine / needler kills" achievements. 343 Ruined halo, you hear me, they fucking ruined it :(.

// Rage modus off.

Looks like a decent list. Nothing special, nothing impossible, probably completable in 15-25 hours. And then there is that stupid part they call multiplayer which will suck up your sociallife, (school)work and other things that aren't multiplayer related.

Combaticon
08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Whoever decided to put in Solo Legendary achievements should be taken to a dark room and beaten up with nunchucks.

"A Monument to All Your Sins" was bad enough, but this is getting ridiculous (unless there's an invincibility Skull or something).

I have no love whatsoever for achievements like those.

MixMaker1
08-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Whoever decided to put in Solo Legendary achievements should be taken to a dark room and beaten up with nunchucks.

"A Monument to All Your Sins" was bad enough, but this is getting ridiculous (unless there's an invincibility Skull or something).
I LOVED it in Reach. Speedrunning + tips made it pretty easy to do. LASO is an entirely different beast, however. I love the fact I will have to tackle Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

The real question for me is to do this on Normal/Heroic first to get throufgh the story or tackle it immediately, and stay away from online spoilers etc, via Legendary. Hmmmm...

RBmaster9345
08-24-2012, 09:13 PM
No skull achievements? I hope they wotn do skulls like ODST and just al be unlocked by default. Skull hunting has always been one of the best parts of Halo.

niko da bos
08-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I think I'm going to do something totally insane and do my first playthrough solo legendary.

not totally, i always do the campaign solo legendary before multiplayer:). also i think it will fit into the other modes more than before, if you look at how they made Halo4 it actually ties the gamemodes into eachother quite well. but i always enjoy beating the campaign first.

I have no love whatsoever for achievements like those.

i find them very satisfying, but its prolly a bias opinion considering i always beat the campaign on solo legendary regardless. with determination and patience i think any halo player can manage solo legendary, its just most people give up or cant be bothered.

No skull achievements? I hope they wotn do skulls like ODST and just al be unlocked by default. Skull hunting has always been one of the best parts of Halo.

agree, i enjoy finding the skulls and unlocking them like that. since there are no achievements, unfortunately im guessing they just give you the skulls:(

DarkReign2021
08-25-2012, 01:00 AM
I LOVED it in Reach. Speedrunning + tips made it pretty easy to do. LASO is an entirely different beast, however. I love the fact I will have to tackle Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

The real question for me is to do this on Normal/Heroic first to get throufgh the story or tackle it immediately, and stay away from online spoilers etc, via Legendary. Hmmmm...

Agreed, I loved 'MFAYS" in Halo: Reach. It was a true achievement that set apart the boys from the men. You couldn't really boost that achievement, so people that have it could sit there and be proud of that accomplishment.

As for the overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tasks at hand and I plan to have single-player related achievements done in 24 hours as is tradition, though a couple things I'm noticing have me disappointed.

1. Only 8 missions? My only hope is that they're really long missions because otherwise this is going to be a really short game. I'm pretty sure this Campaign would be about the length of ODST if that's the case.

2. Looking at all the secondary achievements for each level, it looks like there's still going to be a large amount of covenant interaction. Jacking wraiths, killing hunters and gravity hammer... I knew they would be in the levels to some degree, but the fact that 4 levels warranted covenant-related achievements suggests Forerunner involvement may not be as heavy as originally believed. Only 1 achievement even relates to the Forerunner.

Other than that, nothing too terrible to complain about. Hopefully Spartan-Ops isn't as repetitive as Firefight or beating a chapter solo on Legendary WILL be annoying. Looks like the rest of the S-OPs cheevos will be simple enough. Since they're released episodically, not a lot any of us can do to get them until they come out. We'll just have to focus on reaching that SR-20 rank and completing the 25 challenges in the meantime.

ReverendSID
08-28-2012, 03:47 AM

not totally, i always do the campaign solo legendary before multiplayer:).

I did Reach and CEA on Legendary Solo. Definitely planning on doing this one too. Frankly, I don't even like playing the campaign Co-Op, multiplayer's for shooting the other people not working with them. ;)

AKjuggaloborder
08-28-2012, 04:52 AM
I never thought playing on solo legendary would be fun. I always thought I would get flustered and angry without having fun with the game; however, I was completely wrong. Going for MFAYS in Reach was by far the funnest time I have had playing a game. I'm so pumped to do it again in Halo 4!

MixMaker1
08-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Agreed, I loved 'MFAYS" in Halo: Reach. It was a true achievement that set apart the boys from the men. You couldn't really boost that achievement, so people that have it could sit there and be proud of that accomplishment.

As for the overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tasks at hand and I plan to have single-player related achievements done in 24 hours as is tradition, though a couple things I'm noticing have me disappointed.

1. Only 8 missions? My only hope is that they're really long missions because otherwise this is going to be a really short game. I'm pretty sure this Campaign would be about the length of ODST if that's the case.

2. Looking at all the secondary achievements for each level, it looks like there's still going to be a large amount of covenant interaction. Jacking wraiths, killing hunters and gravity hammer... I knew they would be in the levels to some degree, but the fact that 4 levels warranted covenant-related achievements suggests Forerunner involvement may not be as heavy as originally believed. Only 1 achievement even relates to the Forerunner.

Other than that, nothing too terrible to complain about. Hopefully Spartan-Ops isn't as repetitive as Firefight or beating a chapter solo on Legendary WILL be annoying. Looks like the rest of the S-OPs cheevos will be simple enough. Since they're released episodically, not a lot any of us can do to get them until they come out. We'll just have to focus on reaching that SR-20 rank and completing the 25 challenges in the meantime.
Agree with everything you said.

I definitely think I'm going to go for all the SP achievements within 24 hours. It's going to be crazy... I am beyond excited for this game, I'm just amped up beyond belief. Halo is the pinnacle of gaming for me and I cannot wait to play 4!

niko da bos
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I did Reach and CEA on Legendary Solo. Definitely planning on doing this one too. Frankly, I don't even like playing the campaign Co-Op, multiplayer's for shooting the other people not working with them. ;)

lol! co-op is fun with friends i think, if they're randoms then no. usually i end up wanting to kill them:mad: lol. you did CEA on solo legendary? well played sir, i couldnt manage it. maybe someday i will try again.

good observations, 8 missions does seems a little short when you think about it. but lets hope they are longer :), i actually felt ODST campaign was kind of legnthy. but that might of just been my personal experience, because i spent a lot of time exploring.

i think the foreunner will still play a big role, from what ive heard / read its basically their planet that chief lands on? i tried not to get too much info on campaign in fear of spoilers.

ZingZitang
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Again no "make 5 supercombine / needler kills" achievements. 343 Ruined halo, you hear me, they fucking ruined it :(.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCplAPLFkoj4t5ohXL9_VM_l1YgwOqV eQvFb214_LWDH5GxmqM

. . . Uhh. . . 343 ruined Halo because they dont have a generic "Kill this many people with (insert Weapon)" Achievement? What?

ReverendSID
08-29-2012, 08:30 PM
lol! co-op is fun with friends i think, if they're randoms then no. usually i end up wanting to kill them:mad: lol. you did CEA on solo legendary? well played sir, i couldnt manage it. maybe someday i will try again.

Well, yes with friends it would be more fun. I don't have many friends who play the series though, and those that do aren't on at the same times usually. Definitely not enough to go through the entire campaign with.

As for CEA, I was mistaken actually, there was one level that I did with a second controller. Technically that's still solo, but it made the level much easier (for the cheevos.) Actually, there were a number of cheevos that required me replaying certain levels with a second controller, but only one that I only did the one time. There were a number of hair pulling moments on Legendary, and a few spots that I got stuck for an hour or so cause of bad loadouts and checkpoints at just the wrong time. But it's manageable. Honestly the hardest part cheevo wise was the damn warthog ride at the end.

MixMaker1
08-30-2012, 12:06 AM
I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

My two issues are:
1. Beating the game quickly that first night and experiencing the storyline.
2. Not spoiling any story stuff

If I do Normal or Heroic - we could miss out on a Legendary ending, people will be talking about it in MP so that would suck. And if I start it on Legendary, may not have enough time to beat the whole thing in a night... that being said, I'd love to try ;)

lifeexpectancy
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
So I guess some forum nazi mod decided to remove my poll thread. I realize this thread is already here for "achievement discussion", but taking a poll to see what % of people here are disappointed by the lack of originality in the achievement list is a different thing if you ask me, and was fine in its own thread.

Ah well, wtf-ever. It seems the forums here on x360a are getting more over-moderated by the day.

On topic: This list is very unoriginal and disappoints me after how awesome the list for Halo CE:A was.

niko da bos
08-30-2012, 05:04 PM
If I do Normal or Heroic - we could miss out on a Legendary ending, people will be talking about it in MP so that would suck. And if I start it on Legendary, may not have enough time to beat the whole thing in a night... that being said, I'd love to try ;)

thats one reason i typically beat the campaign before touching MP, always weary of spoilers. but also its just habbit now i suppose, when i first started halo i didnt even have XBL so campaign was everything:).

actually knew a kid in high school who beat H3 that night it came out, on solo legendary. none of us believed him until we saw it on his gamertag, i couldnt imagine running thru an entire campaign on solo legendary in one night. i will hop right into it, but that playthru will take me probably a couple days.

MixMaker1
08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
thats one reason i typically beat the campaign before touching MP, always weary of spoilers. but also its just habbit now i suppose, when i first started halo i didnt even have XBL so campaign was everything:).

actually knew a kid in high school who beat H3 that night it came out, on solo legendary. none of us believed him until we saw it on his gamertag, i couldnt imagine running thru an entire campaign on solo legendary in one night. i will hop right into it, but that playthru will take me probably a couple days.
I'm making it my mission to defeat it on Legendary in my first night. I think that's what I'm going to try and do!

LickableLemons7
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm too scared to romp through Halo 4 on solo legendary for my first go. Those Prometheans look like they can dish out some serious punishment.

I might do heroic, maybe with a friend joining for the ride so we can get those co-op achievements out of the way earlier. As long as heroic is still considered "the way Halo is meant to be played."

InjectDisparity
09-03-2012, 07:52 PM
I really like this list! A bit dissapointed not seeing the skulls achievements return though. Just hope I enjoy Spartan Ops :P

Kaiyo
09-04-2012, 02:10 AM
I start out on Normal then Heroic then Legendary.

Viper187
09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
On topic: This list is very unoriginal and disappoints me after how awesome the list for Halo CE:A was.

Well, there's no crazy matchmaking stuff. I'll take it! :)

Hopefully I can knock out everything quick and focus on just enjoying the game, assuming it doesn't suck. If it sucks, then it's still an easy 1000.

Ctrl Alt Defeat
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Halo has always keep in simple with achievements. Except the Two for One laser in H3 that I never got, and the various firefight ones in ODST.

These seem simple enough.

lifeexpectancy
09-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Well, there's no crazy matchmaking stuff. I'll take it! :)

Hopefully I can knock out everything quick and focus on just enjoying the game, assuming it doesn't suck. If it sucks, then it's still an easy 1000.

I too am glad there arenty any moronic MP ones and am very glad solo legendary is back, but I just think they did a great job on CE:A's achievements and missed a chance to repeat that.

I still don't get why people wussed out and used 2 controllers or a partner to male CE:A's achievements easier. I did every achievement in that game solo with no skulls and no extra controller, THEN did the co-op and skulls achievements. It wasn't even that challenging, but what little challenge it posed made it fun. Wimping out on them with bandanna or co-op would ruin the fun.

Revelo
09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
As I've made it a tradition of sorts to 100% every Halo game I get, will be sure to do this one, the Co Op one will be a challenge, delighted they brought back solo Legendary.

BiggD
09-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Solo Legendary on that very midnight I pick up the game. It's the only way to go about doing it! :)

Barad
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I'll play solo Normal then solo Legendary just like I did on Reach, can't wait!

Eski Boi
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
1st playthrough - Heroic co op
2nd playthrough - Legendary solo

DarkReign2021
10-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Got 2 days paid off from work to play it. Figure I can have the Campaign beaten Solo Legendary the first day, than the co-op run and miscellaneous achievements will come quickly after that. Once you beat the game on Legendary by yourself everything else becomes a trial of patience and nothing more. lol.

I've never understood playing through a game on a lesser difficulty unless it involves NG+ like Mass Effect or Borderlands. With a game like Halo, your abilities are the same all the way through and no matter how bad you are at the game, the enemy is your best teacher. If you get stuck at a part, your countless deaths will teach you and hone you until you can overcome it. You acquire skills and a new perspective on how to play the game when you do it the 'masochist' way.

Bonedecapitater
10-08-2012, 03:47 PM
They really do seem pretty easy, seems that it's most fairly straight forward, can't wait to see how it fully plays with all the new features. :uzi:

Vectorman953
10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
From a GameFly (or maybe it was IGN or even this site here) article I read a few days ago, the playtester/reporter was having quite an amount of trouble going through the game - on normal. They attributed it to not being conditioned to the new enemy types but I don't know...

I'm not sure how that makes me feel.
On one hand, it will make legendary an actual achievement, and every checkpoint received will actually feel like a victory.
On the other hand, a lot of swears will be dropped, controllers smashed, and puppies drowned (or maybe just the first one)

unless, of course, the reporter just sucks :p

Au Asterix
10-12-2012, 02:16 AM
I am actually a little disappointed with the list. I must be the only person that liked the previous online achievements, hard achievements made you feel like you actually earned them. I like the fact that getting 100% achievement completion for the previous games meant something.

BiggD
10-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Got 2 days paid off from work to play it. Figure I can have the Campaign beaten Solo Legendary the first day, than the co-op run and miscellaneous achievements will come quickly after that. With a game like Halo...no matter how bad you are at the game, the enemy is your best teacher.

Same here man :) I'm planning to do Legendary Solo on the first day, however I really hope there's not too many tough sections that tempt me in wanting to take an unnecessary break. The sentence I bolded...I love that quote.

ReverendSID
10-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I am actually a little disappointed with the list. I must be the only person that liked the previous online achievements, hard achievements made you feel like you actually earned them. I like the fact that getting 100% achievement completion for the previous games meant something.
I understand hard achievements making you feel like you earned them. (Like I felt like I earned Monument to All Your Sins) But I feel that some of the online achievements for previous Halo games were more luck based, or promotive of boosting than actually earning. Also, the number of them that were to do a very specific action on a very specific map.... kinda sucked IMO. That said, I do feel that giving achievements for changing a loadout or altering your stance is a little lame.

DarkReign2021
10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
From a GameFly (or maybe it was IGN or even this site here) article I read a few days ago, the playtester/reporter was having quite an amount of trouble going through the game - on normal. They attributed it to not being conditioned to the new enemy types but I don't know...

I'm not sure how that makes me feel.
On one hand, it will make legendary an actual achievement, and every checkpoint received will actually feel like a victory.
On the other hand, a lot of swears will be dropped, controllers smashed, and puppies drowned (or maybe just the first one)

I didn't notice the spoiler segment until I hit the quote button, but that's exactly what I was gonna say. The reporter probably just sucks. I know they upped the difficulty a little, but it can't be that much of a hike. I don't think anything will ever top the difficulty of Halo 2 sans the Noob Combo.

BiggD
10-16-2012, 02:51 PM

my thoughts exact lol!

RBmaster9345
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Hmmmmm. Lookin at this list again, are there any really "boostable" ones? So is there even a need for a boosting thread this time around? Seems like an awfully easy list with no real multiplier ones.

BiggD
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Hmmmmm. Lookin at this list again, are there any really "boostable" ones? So is there even a need for a boosting thread this time around? Seems like an awfully easy list with no real multiplier ones.

Nah, I don't think a boosting thread will be necessary for the retail list. Maybe for future DLC though.

DarkReign2021
10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
It's an easy list, but the ones involving co-op could potentially require "boosting" because they're friends either suck at the game (Hello :D) or they're anti-social and don't have friends to play it with (Had that issue with Halo: Reach when all of my "friends" ditched Halo for CoD. I no longer speak to them. lol)

LickableLemons7
10-17-2012, 10:15 PM

It's been 4 days since my last post in the Blackout thread...

Must...post...something...in...Halo...4...forums.. .

Must...post...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13009-Halo-4-Campaign-Hands-On-Preview---The-Hardest-Halo-Yet--Me-Thinks-So-.html

I'm not so great with these blackout things...but I've managed to avoid the poo on YouTube and other places. Seems like the x360a forums are doing fine, so I'll pop in from time to time, but most likely not everyday.

BiggD
10-17-2012, 11:24 PM
It's an easy list, but the ones involving co-op could potentially require "boosting" because they're friends either suck at the game (Hello :D) or they're anti-social and don't have friends to play it with (Had that issue with Halo: Reach when all of my "friends" ditched Halo for CoD. I no longer speak to them. lol)

As you shouldn't, lol! Same thing happened with me. I had a good group of 4-6 friends that I used to play Halo 3 with, now I'm down to 1 for Halo 4 -__-

Barad
10-18-2012, 02:20 AM
The list looks a lot easier compared to Halo 3 and a lot similar to Halo Reach. Laid back multiplayer and solo Legendary should be sweet! Truely can't wait.

Downesey
10-18-2012, 01:00 PM
The skulls are unlocked as standard, and theyre all the usual fayre tbh :/ im not a huge fan of this list, i guess only playing it will tell how easily things can be done

Goblin93
10-28-2012, 07:20 AM
this list doesnt look to bad but i know for a fact this game is going to be upped to either a 1700 or maybe a 2000 game no doubt within months

WhiteWolfDamo
10-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm not too keen on the legendary solo achievement so 910g will probably be my limit I didn't to the solo one in Reach either.

I did do most of Halo CE:A solo on legendary but then I had the infinite ammo skull and grunt birthday turned on so I sat far away from the enemy and spammed plasma grenades.

Tai_MT
10-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Midnight release:

I get home, I start on Legendary Solo. Hopefully finish it before my friends pick up the game after work those days or what-have-you.

Later that day: If my friends finally own the game, I'll play it on Heroic with them.

After I finish up the campaign on both accounts...

I spend the next 7 days levelling up in Halo Multiplayer for unlocks and loadout customizations :D If I'm lucky, I'll reach "Specializations" within a week or two of playing.

TransonicPower
10-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I never got around to soloing Reach on legendary, but I'm determined to do it in Halo 4. If things get too hard, I'll look a few YouTube speed run guides lol

ReverendSID
10-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Honestly, Reach solo on Legendary wasn't that hard. It mostly just came down to pacing yourself and taking your time in a few places. The only time I found it got hard was when I'd hit a checkpoint at exactly the moment I didn't want to (like down to one clip with 4 enemies still alive and you step over the invisible line that makes it go Saved! :(). That and the very end of Pillar of Autumn. That cannon sequence was really unforgiving on Legendary. But it was worth it when I finished it all. So yeah, definitely plan on doing it again for 4. :)

Tai_MT
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Honestly, Reach solo on Legendary wasn't that hard. It mostly just came down to pacing yourself and taking your time in a few places. The only time I found it got hard was when I'd hit a checkpoint at exactly the moment I didn't want to (like down to one clip with 4 enemies still alive and you step over the invisible line that makes it go Saved! :(). That and the very end of Pillar of Autumn. That cannon sequence was really unforgiving on Legendary. But it was worth it when I finished it all. So yeah, definitely plan on doing it again for 4. :)

It actually wasn't that hard at all. "Noob Combo" through most of it, and realize that there are a COUPLE places where it becomes much easier to simply run PAST the enemies instead of actually fighting them. In fact, on the last mission, you can skip most of it by simply sneaking around the encounters or running past them as fast as possible (like with a Mongoose or sprint).

Vectorman953
10-31-2012, 05:41 AM
... That and the very end of Pillar of Autumn. That cannon sequence was really unforgiving on Legendary.

Pretty much the bane of my existence right there.
To have completed everything, without any major problems, and then get stuck death after death after death trying to use the cannon... It was almost will-breaking. And I'm not one to throw my controller, flip over a table and cry in the fetal position after 50+ tries but...

Then again, I massively failed at the first time you're shooting the grenade launcher out the hornet on my first/heroic play through, but on legendary I made it in one pass... :confused:

Mr. Smith
10-31-2012, 07:56 PM
I wish they would do more Vidmaster like achievements. Like the one from Halo 3 where you had to complete the last campaign mission with four players, on legendary, with Iron skull activated, and everyone had to be in ghosts. That was a fun achievement.

ReverendSID
11-01-2012, 03:41 AM
i wish they would do more vidmaster like achievements. Like the one from halo 3 where you had to complete the last campaign mission with four players, on legendary, with iron skull activated, and everyone had to be in ghosts. That was a fun achievement.
nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16
11-01-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm gonna do Legendary solo the first day and Heroic co-op the second day. If anyone wants to do co-op with me add me on XBL.

GT = I Draxus I

PS- The weekend after it comes out I'm playing literally all day for 3 days straight

ICEMAN22D
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm up for any achivo's message or add me gt: mikey 859
oh by the way i'm in the UK

Fantasy2506
11-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I dont know how to do the achievement Game Changer.... Anyone can explain to me??

Matt36
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Started on Easy. I want to enjoy the story and game, without feeling frustrated or angry. I will progress to harder difficulties later on.

Damoss
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Regarding the "A Legendary Episode" acievement:

I completed all the Chapters online on legendary but the achievement did not pop.

I then returned to the first Chapter and completed it ALONE on legendary and it unlocked.

Just a quick fix for anyone else who may have issues. This will also net you the "Crimson Alone" achievement, and it's rather simple completing them on legendary solo.

Matt36
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Digging up the Past
In mission 1, find and access Chief's record.

Anyone know where this is?

Aqua18
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Can anyone email me the achievement guide thanks! :) Private message me I'll give you my email, I want to be prepared for when I get the game.

Matt36
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Definitely, if you have the guide, let me know?

Aqua18
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a question about a few achievements, if you are playing co-op does anyone know if the checkpoints are re-loadable for both people to get all listed below let me know thanks! I already realize both can get all the ones on missions 1-4 special achievements, what about these?

Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.
Tricked or forced a Hunter to fall to his demise in mission 6.
Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.
Killed 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer in mission 8.

I would think that the mission 8 one would be doable for both people just a guess, the ones I'm really wondering about are the killing the hunters and wrath ones hopefully you don't get a checkpoint after killing them.... Anyone with the game early know?

Damoss
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a question about a few achievements, if you are playing co-op does anyone know if the checkpoints are re-loadable for both people to get all listed below let me know thanks! I already realize both can get all the ones on missions 1-4 special achievements, what about these?

Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.
Tricked or forced a Hunter to fall to his demise in mission 6.
Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.
Killed 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer in mission 8.

I would think that the mission 8 one would be doable for both people just a guess, the ones I'm really wondering about are the killing the hunters and wrath ones hopefully you don't get a checkpoint after killing them.... Anyone with the game early know?

I'd say Missions 5 and 7's challenges will need to be done once per person wanting them.

Wasn't one of the challenges solo only?

Jakez123
11-05-2012, 01:27 AM
I'd say Missions 5 and 7's challenges will need to be done once per person wanting them.

Wasn't one of the challenges solo only?

No. Mission 5 is doable with 4 people if you revert. There is like 6 wraiths in the first half. And like 6 a in the second half. The 2nd half is where you get scorpion tanks (Hence 6 wraiths). Steal one and kill 4 to pop the cheevo. Revert and alternate players. It is best done there as all wraiths are next to each other as opposed to the first half as they are scattered around.

I did it with 4 people so enemy numbers may vary depending on the number of you. Did it on Heroic.

You cannot steal a wraith then kill another wraith and revert to keep killing the same wraith. You must kill 4 different wraiths. (Like I said though - you can revert AFTER you get the cheevo).

Damoss
11-05-2012, 02:56 PM
No. Mission 5 is doable with 4 people if you revert. There is like 6 wraiths in the first half. And like 6 a in the second half. The 2nd half is where you get scorpion tanks (Hence 6 wraiths). Steal one and kill 4 to pop the cheevo. Revert and alternate players. It is best done there as all wraiths are next to each other as opposed to the first half as they are scattered around.

I did it with 4 people so enemy numbers may vary depending on the number of you. Did it on Heroic.

You cannot steal a wraith then kill another wraith and revert to keep killing the same wraith. You must kill 4 different wraiths. (Like I said though - you can revert AFTER you get the cheevo).

Does it have to be with the same wraith? I've done this mission on solo but didn't attempt the challenge.

Matt36
11-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Midnight Launch 20gs
Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.

How high is high? =|

Game Changer 5gs
Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.

How do I do this? =|

BigChocolate82
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
List seems doable. Not a big fan of having two Legendary achievements, one co-op and one solo. But that's my only criticism. Other than that, I'm very excited for the release of this game! Only 8 1/2 more hours till the midnight release!!!

Beat You Silly1
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I will be getting this game tonight at midnight and want to Finish the whole campaign tonight/into the next morning

I am looking for people who are/wanting to do the same. Preferably on legendary and we can get as many achievements possible in one run

Msg me if your interested. I currently don't have anyone

GT: Beat You Silly1

Matt36
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
The solo legendary playthrough is really off putting =|

ReverendSID
11-05-2012, 11:48 PM
The solo legendary playthrough is really off putting =|
Matter of Opinion. I was thinking the co-op playthrough was really off putting. ;)

Gackt
11-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Looks like an easy 1k.

Jakez123
11-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Does it have to be with the same wraith? I've done this mission on solo but didn't attempt the challenge.

No.

Looks like an easy 1k.

It is.

F8L Fool
11-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Terrible. Halo is supposed to have SOME good multiplayer achievements. I can't believe there are multiplayer achievements that actually involve playing the damn game. Halo 3 had plenty and at least Halo Reach had some, albeit lame ones.

Huge letdown.

lifeexpectancy
11-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Just finished doing Mortardom (hijack a wraith and kill 4 other wraiths with it) during my 1st run through the game solo legendary. Talk about rough, had to melee the 4 "wings" off the 4 corners of the wraith to fit it into the "thing" to carry it from the first area to the second area. I didn't know there were so many wraiths or I probably woulda just hijacked one in the 2nd area lol. I think I've killed 7 already.

Edit: Well there are 16 wraiths total, at least on legendary, so it was totally unnecessary for me to wiggle the wraith through the "thing". But it was nice to get the achieve out of the way and just blow everything to itsy bitsy bits for the rest of the mission in whatever way I saw fit.

hoshinosenshi
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Quick question, could I jump between solo and co-op, and not ruin my progress of Legendary? So, if I finish one level on solo Legendary, jump to co-op, and then back again, would that void it? Does it have to be done in ONE full playthrough?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm already pissed off over the second stage... at the first section. What a cheap way to make the game 'hard'... will wait for guides to pass through it.

JONBLEACH
11-07-2012, 04:56 AM
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20 :gsicon:
Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

For this mission i carried the AR with me at all times without dieing, but then at the end where u drive the ghosts, its impossible for me not to die, so if u die there does it void the achievement cause i didnt get it at end of mission

IXISHADOW
11-07-2012, 05:00 AM
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20 :gsicon:
Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

For this mission i carried the AR with me at all times without dieing, but then at the end where u drive the ghosts, its impossible for me not to die, so if u die there does it void the achievement cause i didnt get it at end of mission

I kept my magnum with me and it had no ammo. I died a fair few times on the ghost part too and it still unlocked. Did you replace your AR with any other weapon and then pick it back up? That could be why it did not unlock for you.

RBmaster9345
11-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I bet I already know the answer but has anyone tried if the Heroic level-specific achievements work on Legendary? Is it locked to just that difficulty or is equal to or above.

KillerChris8814
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Am I the only one who had a problem with digging up the past I found and used the recording and the achievement didn't pop. just wondering.

Gman2
11-08-2012, 10:18 PM
This is my rifle achievement. The guide says you can use a second controller, but what about the ghost part at the end. Do both controllers have to make it to the end?

Tried it co-op with two others and we died a lot on the last part.

theNomad
11-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Anyone else get issues with MIDNIGHT LAUNCH ? the one you've gotta get significant air in a warthog on level 2.... it just doesn't seem to be unlocking for me (I know you can change the clock to do it).

Tsaako
11-09-2012, 02:37 AM
I bet I already know the answer but has anyone tried if the Heroic level-specific achievements work on Legendary? Is it locked to just that difficulty or is equal to or above.

I'd assume so seeing as I got the achievement for completing campaign on heroic when the difficulty was legendary. Plus I think it's "heroic or harder"

Gman2
11-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Anyone else get issues with MIDNIGHT LAUNCH ? the one you've gotta get significant air in a warthog on level 2.... it just doesn't seem to be unlocking for me (I know you can change the clock to do it).

I changed the time zone to Bangkok or something and stayed online. Get to said part at 12am and drive fast and get some air.

TikTak
11-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Anyone have a proper fix for a glitched the "A Legendary Episode" ... doing my head in.

:(

RBmaster9345
11-13-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd assume so seeing as I got the achievement for completing campaign on heroic when the difficulty was legendary. Plus I think it's "heroic or harder"

Yeah I suppose that makes sense. I forgot what I was thinking about specifically when I posted that, I think one that just says on "Heroic", not "or harder"

ecto69
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Anyone know where this is?

in case you still need it

Digging up the Past (http://ca.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Digging_up_the_Past)
In Mission 1, find and access Master Chief's record.

There is a staircase on your right and left just as you leave the room with the stasis tank. Head down the steps to find a computer terminal (not a Terminal (http://ca.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Terminal)). Activate it for the Achievement, Digging up the Past. You'll get some backstory for your efforts and 20g.

GLiTcH
11-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Bromageddon
is this glitched? Me n two friends finished the campaign bu the last mission Midnight, didn't show that we finished it. Have first 4 chapters done on legendary co-op n the last chapters on heroic.

Zaz Esquire
11-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Is that on the level "Midnight" or at midnight realtime?

GLiTcH
11-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Is that on the level "Midnight" or at midnight realtime?
The last chapter, not the one where you do jump

civil disorder
11-27-2012, 08:58 PM
im having problems with this one too,

Lord Chabelo
11-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Is this like every other Halo game where you do not get the achievement for completing a level unless you complete the entire level in one sitting (no continuing from checkpoints)?

LickableLemons7
11-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know if you can obtain the "Sharing is Caring" achievement if you are a free Xbox live member? Because there's a free gold weekend going on now.

The article posted today on the home of x360a says free members can access Internet Explorer on the Xbox. You previously couldn't do that if you were using a 2 day or 14 day trial code.

Barad
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Don't want to make a new thread about this but does anyone know if there is any way you can check how many challenges you've completed?

Scarlettbaby
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Don't want to make a new thread about this but does anyone know if there is any way you can check how many challenges you've completed?

Go to the Spartan hub and look at yer service record. That should have the number completed.

Gorjira
01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I've been trying to hijack that first wraith on that pain in the ass level. I'm after mortardom. I've got a nice wee routine down where I can wipe everyone out so it's just me and the wraith, but for whatever reason I can't plant myself in that gunner seat. I'm attempting it with just sprinting, jumping and using the jet pack without using the plasma pistol. Any hints?

gskillz99
01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
I've been trying to hijack that first wraith on that pain in the ass level. I'm after mortardom. I've got a nice wee routine down where I can wipe everyone out so it's just me and the wraith, but for whatever reason I can't plant myself in that gunner seat. I'm attempting it with just sprinting, jumping and using the jet pack without using the plasma pistol. Any hints?

Yea, use a plasma pistol. The first wraith you come across is not that useful since you won't be able to get it onto the mammoth to cross the tributary. But you might be able to if you destroy the wraith's pointy sides. So if you have to, get the wraith in the next area with the 3 shields you have to destroy. Get a plasma pistol and any precision weapon. Take out the gunner. Plasma pistol the wraith, doing it multiple times if you have to and then jump on it and get on the plasma turret. This forces the driver to get out allowing you to kill him with the turret. You can kill 3 or 4 wraiths in the next section but then you come across another tributary. So you have to leave that wraith behind and continue. In the next area, make sure you grab a plasma pistol before you enter the forerunner area and carry it with you until you get back outside. Outside there will be many wraiths. Just got this a few hours ago, so everything is fresh in my head lol.

PluralAces
01-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Just finished the last episode in spartan ops and didnt get the dedicated to crimson achievement for finishing the first 5 episodes of spartan ops. Is this glitched? Did anyone else have this problem?

Gorjira
01-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Yea, use a plasma pistol. The first wraith you come across is not that useful since you won't be able to get it onto the mammoth to cross the tributary. But you might be able to if you destroy the wraith's pointy sides. So if you have to, get the wraith in the next area with the 3 shields you have to destroy. Get a plasma pistol and any precision weapon. Take out the gunner. Plasma pistol the wraith, doing it multiple times if you have to and then jump on it and get on the plasma turret. This forces the driver to get out allowing you to kill him with the turret. You can kill 3 or 4 wraiths in the next section but then you come across another tributary. So you have to leave that wraith behind and continue. In the next area, make sure you grab a plasma pistol before you enter the forerunner area and carry it with you until you get back outside. Outside there will be many wraiths. Just got this a few hours ago, so everything is fresh in my head lol.

This is my first run of the campaign and I decided to do it on Legendary, and have been stuck on this part for a few days now haha. I was lucky enough to get in the gunner once, but instead of using the gun to kill the elite who hopped out I hopped out and tried to take him on myself, which was just nerves and excitement kicking in from actually hopping in that fucking gun! I may try saving a grunt or something, after knocking out the 4 ghosts (I've heard the number of ghosts that are dropped by the Phantom at this stage is unlimited, but from my checkpoint only two more are dropped after destroying the two original grounded ones) and using the plasma pistol against it.

I've heard twice now that the first wraith isn't usually the best one, because you have to try squeeze it through a tight area, but just to save any unforeseen hassle down the line, I'll keep trying to get this one. Due to it being my first time solo legendarying this game, I don't wanna get a wraith after all this time just to fuck it all up haha.

etewald
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Not true. I've gotten the first wraith onto the mammoth many times to get it across the first river. It just takes patience and a little driving finesse to fit it in the mammoth.

MH Maximus
03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Can't seem to get the 3 jet pack achievo

RandomHero92
04-29-2013, 10:18 PM
hate these dlc achievements

BustaMo
05-17-2013, 04:43 PM
I just got the achievement playing solo where on the Forerunner mission where you have to carry a UNSC weapon the whole way through the mission til the end without dropping it. It was on Heroic so that was even tougher since I was doing it solo, but dang when you run out of ammo on that 2nd gun and can only use your first, that's brutal. I made it through, but that's a pretty long level to top it off.

Jaker12587
05-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if the DLC achievements from Crimson and Majestic are obtainable on the Castle maps? I think I remember being able to do this in Reach and 3, but not 100%.

ItZ B3nji
05-28-2013, 03:14 AM
Honestly why did 343 make the Halo 4 achievements so easy? Most of the multiplayer ones can be boosted and the rest are easy to get alone. Why 343 drop the ball so much?

ReVision360
05-30-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a question about the Terminus Achievement. I've completed the campaign but missed some terminals. I'm aware that i can start each mission on rally point bravo (or whichever is closest to the terminal) But after finding and activating a terminal, can i just save & quit and select the next level. Or do i have to complete each mission again?