PDA

View Full Version : Party Issues?

Purple Hooter
08-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Is anyone else having difficulty being placed in a game when trying to play with friends in a party?

We couldnt get in a match yesterday!

Sphyder
08-23-2012, 11:52 AM
I am having no end of trouble with this. We all gave up and just played solo which is a real shame.

Mr.Fail
08-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I've had the same problem. Me and my friends who had all purchased the game couldn't find a single game when searching together, but when we searched solo we all managed to get games right away :/ I hope this gets fixed asap

MabusScarab
08-24-2012, 05:33 AM
It won't be fixed because it isn't broken. If you'd search through the other threads you'd learn that party chat and private chat is DISABLED for this game. It's to prevent cheating. You can't party up and play this game, it's in game voice only. I don't even own the game and I know this already ffs.

Nevander
08-24-2012, 05:53 AM
It won't be fixed because it isn't broken. If you'd search through the other threads you'd learn that party chat and private chat is DISABLED for this game. It's to prevent cheating. You can't party up and play this game, it's in game voice only. I don't even own the game and I know this already ffs.

Be more of a dick please.

FYI, the chat IS broken. Why can I hear the enemy team and furthermore why does chat randomly cut out for certain people at certain times? It's obviously not working right. Why is party/private chat disabled in PRIVATE games? Lastly, that didn't stop lots of people I know from 'cheating.' If the awards can be earned in private, how is it cheating? Oh yea, you CAN party up and 'play' this game.

Sorry I wrecked your entire post.

StolenPaper18
08-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Honestly, private matches are the only way to go until this game gets fixed...IF it gets fixed.

MabusScarab
08-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Yeah I really am a dick and I misread the OP.

My bad. :D

Nevander i'm really trying to be as awesome as you, any tips would be appreciated.

For real though, sorry for the dickheaded response I made to a thread that I didn't read correctly. Even though Nev saw my dickheadedness and raised the pot I deserved the lashing. Don't worry we can still be friends don't give up on us yet.

Nevander
08-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Yeah I really am a dick and I misread the OP.

My bad. :D

Nevander i'm really trying to be as awesome as you, any tips would be appreciated.

For real though, sorry for the dickheaded response I made to a thread that I didn't read correctly. Even though Nev saw my dickheadedness and raised the pot I deserved the lashing. Don't worry we can still be friends don't give up on us yet.

Not sure if trolling or serious, but if serious then we're cool. :p

Seriously though, I personally hate the way the chat is setup in this game online. However I have no problem with game chat being forced in public, but in private? Come on Valve...

MabusScarab
08-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Yeah we're good. I'll put you on my christmas list and send you a fruit basket. :D

I don't even own this game i'm just lurking on random game forums because i'm bored.

M49907
08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Same problem. You can join friends after they are in a match with an open spot.

OmegaX06
08-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Yep doesn't seem to work properly. It will just endlessly search for a game or not even let you join the party. We aren't talking about party chat either, it's the in-game party system where you can play with a group of people.

Hopefully they fix it, but knowing how much Valve hates the Xbox, I doubt we'll see many updates for it.

DR3AMxCATCHER
08-28-2012, 12:53 AM
As stated just join your friends once they are joinable.