PDA

View Full Version : No receipt, SOL?

Shinobi273
09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
So yeah, I can't find my receipt. I normally put them in the original box but it isn't in there. Am I totally screwed? Does Gamestop give cash for consoles? Sorry if this was posted before but I went back several pages and didn't see anything and the search wasn't much help.

Edit: My console still works, I'm just trying to plan ahead. I bought my console from CompUSA.

highpass
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Did you buy it with a debit/credit card? If so there'll be a transaction to Gamestop listed in your bank statement that may be acceptable. Otherwise, if their reward scheme is anything like some of the ones in the UK they ought be able to see you bought it if they check the reward records.

Skillet
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, Gamestop does give cash for used working consoles...but not your full money back. Also, if you go the cash route, I think they take 20% off.

Shinobi273
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Oh I bought the console from CompUSA. Gamestop here in America buys used games/consoles. I was wodering if they give cash or credit.

Edit: Whoa answered fast. Thanks. I suppose I don't mind keeping 20% if it can only be used in the store. It is on a gift card type redeption I assume, so I could go in and buy games as they come out, not only when I turn in my console.

Skillet
09-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Well, when you sell them a game or console it's added to a card called an Edge Card. This works at all Gamestop and EB Games stores plus a lot of others. You can get your own Edge card with a subscription to Game Informer for $15 the Edge Card will get you an extra 10% on all trade ins of games and accessories and 10% off of all used games and accessories that you buy. They don't give the extra money or rebate for consoles though.

There's also coupons in Game Informer every once in a while that give you even more money or savings.

Shinobi273
09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds okay, I think Gamestop is giving $100 for the console. You say I will get a card with money on it in exchange. About the 20%, I meant that instead of taking a 20% cut by taking the redemption in cash, I could use the in-store credit on games.