PDA

View Full Version : Wtf...

MabusScarab
08-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Oooookay.. so what in the hell is JoJo and why is this game 1600 points? It's apparently some remake of an 8 bit game I never heard of and it's selling for 4 times the price of other remade games of it's quality.

Is it a game from the old Neo Geo handheld?

Seriously.. any clarification would be appreciated. I'm completely lost here. Considering a grand total of 2 people on these forums have earned achievements for it i'm probably not alone here. :confused:

The Pants Party
08-24-2012, 11:54 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JoJo%27s+Bizarre+Adventure

The Stray
08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Nice one Pants, maybe he should refer to here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_Crusaders

JamesSlips
08-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Jojo is just the second manliest manga on the face of this earth.I really feel sorry for people who dont pick this up because 1600 is too steep for them(GET A JOB YOU BUMS!).

I mak3 big boom
08-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Jojo is just the second manliest manga on the face of this earth.I really feel sorry for people who dont pick this up because 1600 is too steep for them(GET A JOB YOU BUMS!).

I feel happy about not wasting my hard earned money on a remake of a old fighter. Arcade games should never be 1600 points. 1600 is to steep not because I can't afford it but because I'm smart with my money. By all means get the game if you feel the games worth that amount but IMO the games barely even worth half that.

CHIRUNO99
08-25-2012, 08:33 AM
It's one of the best fighters I've ever played and I would have bought it but I just don't agree with the 1600MSP asking price. It's a bit much, same price as Minecraft but I can get more hours of entertainment out of MC rather than this. 400MSP more than MvC2 but I bought that as soon as it appeared on the marketplace.

It's like Capcom are deliberately shooting themselves in the foot with every single game they release now.

Doopliss SWE
08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Seems to me that Capcom are aiming only at JoJo fans with this. It couldn't have costed very much to develop and the price is high, which would seem to indicate they want to get their spent money back with as few sales as possible.

Prok
08-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Yup I think that's the case Doopliss, seems CAPCOM prefer to get the most they can out of the guaranteed fan base, rather than try to market such a weird game to a wider audience.

I'm a big fighting game fan but never played JoJo's (remember seeing it when it came out back in the day). Wasn't it PS2-era? Anyway hopefully there's a demo, or one of my housemates get it, as 1600 space bucks is too much to get it and hope I like and play it.

MabusScarab
08-28-2012, 04:54 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JoJo%27s+Bizarre+Adventure

That was actually really funny, I haven't seen that before.

It was more of a question about the cost which googling didn't really help me with. When Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and similar games released they were all 400 MSP, but this one is 1600. The above posters pretty much covered what I was inquiring about, but considering it's nothing I ever played in the past, the appeal for the price isn't there for me.

If there was a completely new game that included the original version also it would be a different story, but I can understand Capcom milking fans of an old genre as well, i've bought most of their RE remakes.

Thanks for the replies, sorry for being a dickbag and not researching before posting. :p

Tangled Virus
12-16-2012, 01:57 PM
JoJo is the HD remake of the game JoJo's bizarre adventure: heritage for the future.
The game uses the manga (japanese comic book) JoJo's bizarre adventure the are now 8 parts each part is set on the same universe but you don't need to read them on any particular order the is set on part 3 which is considered the best part (not for me, i like it but I like part 5 more). I hope it help it.