PDA

View Full Version : FAQs - Look Here Before Asking Questions

The Pants Party
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Q: If you spend your style points, do they still count toward the "Nobody Has That Much Style" achievement?
A: Yes, they do. It will take at least two plays through the game for this achievement and you are not penalized for using them in the shop.

Q: I just got every crane in the game, but there weren't enough. Is this glitched?
A: No, it counts ALL plays, so go through on another difficulty and it should unlock during your second play.

Q: Do achievements carry over from game to game?
A: Yes, see the two questions above. This is true for kills, style points, cranes and anything else.

Q: Do style points and cranes aquired in the online play count toward achievements?
A: No, they do not.

Q: How do you get a 5* Kill Rating?
A: The easiest way is to get them while doing the "Death By Swing" achievement. If you headshot someone while hanging from the chandelier, you will get five stars every time.

Q: Do the "Beat the Game" achievements stack?
A: Yes, you will get the achievement for the difficulty you are playing and any difficulty below it.

Q: How do you beat xxx Boss?
A: The achievement guide (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38071) also contains a boss walkthrough.

Q: Can the online achievements be done in player matches?
A: Yes.

--------------------
Anything else you feel should be added, please let me know.

Ice2Dragon
09-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Here's what Ive been getting msged at least 20 times during the course of an hour.

Q : What is the glitch for beating hard boiled?
A : There isn't one, the achievement for beating hard boiled comes right before the final fight.

Q : What is the shortcut to beating hard boiled?
A : There isn't one. I never said there was. The achievement unlocks early, no reason as to why has been found.

Q : How do you get the Rocket Launcher from the 1st boss?
A : You can't , I posted this.

Q : Why won't the enemies stop coming?
A : Im assuming this is referring to the final level before the helicopter fight. You must kill the guys who are actually SHOOTING at you, not the ones coming directly at you. It will take a good twenty to thirty minutes to accomplish, but the story will progress after a few waves of the shooters.

Q : Where can I find the golden pistols? What do they do?
A : Im pretty sure in every level there are golden pistols. In the first level they can be found behind some breakable doors, as in the second level. They are more than likely paired with a dove. The golden pistols are basically a one hit one kill weapon, but the ammo you receive is very little. They only seem to work well against the "big one" at the end of the game, as they kill him with a barrage almost instantly.

Q : Why won't spin attack work? It's instant death right?
A : N-O. Its instant death against REGULAR enemies. Against bosses, it's useless. More than not, you will die right after the spin attack, or during. You aren't invulnerable against bosses when you use it.

Q : I can't seem to find a game online, or when I join one it says "Session no longer available", why is that?
A : It's better to manually search, I addressed this problem in the review I submitted. It's much easier to just go to custom game or host your own. Hopefully it will get patched soon.

Q : I can't beat Vlad! I lost track of him now there's lasers everywhere and I can't follow him anymore!
A : Theres a small possibility that the battle can become glitched, for example if you somehow damage him or he damages himself too much, he will skip certain parts of the battle and head for the exit, sadly you can't follow, you will have to restart.

If I receive anymore I will post..

Hannibal 493
09-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Hi, Can you do split-screen in multiplayer, just double checking. THanks a bunch

Khaos
09-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Hey there Mr. Pants, in response to one of your FAQs, since the achievement guide is gone for some unknown reason, is there any way you can post a version of the boss guide here or elsewhere??

The Pants Party
09-15-2007, 06:28 AM
He deleted everything, including the boss guide. What a douche.

orp08
09-15-2007, 04:16 PM
If you earn style points and dye,and then restart from the checkpoint do they count or only the ones that you earn untli the next checkpoint???

Ruthless
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Anyone post anything about the ruthless achievement like a walkthrough???

MrHarribalsonya
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Anyone post anything about the ruthless achievement like a walkthrough???

Refer to the achievement guide thread for a video

Vista
09-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Q : Where can I find the golden pistols? What do they do?
A : Im pretty sure in every level there are golden pistols. In the first level they can be found behind some breakable doors, as in the second level. They are more than likely paired with a dove. The golden pistols are basically a one hit one kill weapon, but the ammo you receive is very little. They only seem to work well against the "big one" at the end of the game, as they kill him with a barrage almost instantly.

If I am allowed I will make a Golden Pistol guide for this game. I can add where they are in most multiplayer maps and in the story mode.

LukeP91
09-23-2007, 10:12 AM
If I am allowed I will make a Golden Pistol guide for this game. I can add where they are in most multiplayer maps and in the story mode.

yes do this please as it will help several players, including me lol, with the difficulties when facing bosses:)

Don Manolo
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
yes do this please as it will help several players, including me lol, with the difficulties when facing bosses:) If you look better in the forum you will see a thread called golden gun locations... I posted almost all the gun locations there....

AzraelPC
10-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Question:

Do style points get higher if you play on a higher difficulty level? Is there a 'multiplier' of sorts?

I would hope that doing well on a higher difficulty level would count for something more than simply satisfying a condition (beat the game on XXX difficulty).

HellsDemon
09-05-2008, 06:13 AM
what happened to this thread?

Camreeno
03-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Can someone tell me if they're also having a problem where the achievement list for the game isn't showing all the achievements? My game is only listing 45 achievements and I remember it showing more, for example I know I saw Fistcuffs and Testikill on there but for some reason all the achievements from 46 down have disappeared. Is there something I can do or is it at least happening to anyone else? It's really driving me nuts how this just randomly happened.

wildwest08
06-06-2009, 06:50 AM
anybody know how long to get the full 1000 pts?

SiR x VeiRoN x
06-06-2009, 10:35 AM
anybody know how long to get the full 1000 pts?

Around 3-4 Days.

Lara Croft
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the faq, I have 2 questions please

1) I just beat the game on casual. Can i replay the last level on hard boiled and get the rest of the difficulty achievements?
If this is not the case it's ok. but in order to replay the game and do it correct, should I click on New Game or Chapter Select option?

2) How many people is required for all the online achievements? is it possible to do it with one partner?

thank you beforehand

Filter x360a
05-10-2010, 10:17 PM
If you get a few kills, like on a cart or hanging from a chandelier, and then you die, do those kills count or only ones you get while staying alive?

Ragnarok1986
01-29-2011, 05:45 PM
How would you rate getting the 1000Gs 1-Easy 10-Solid? Thanks