PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do you think you'll put into this game?

fax5jrj
08-25-2012, 05:45 AM
I have roughly 21 days on Reach (I really thought it was more) so I'm going to guess 35 days, easy.

20 days on custom games
3 days on forge
2 days on campaign
1 day on Spartan Ops (All the seasons)
9 days on mulitplayer

Goodbye life. What about you guys?

Demonhunter21
08-25-2012, 07:39 AM
I have something like 5-7 days on reach, which is more than it deserves TBH.
but I did have about 6 days on H:CE, 20+ on h2, 25+ on h3 and a couple of days on H:CEA. So I guess around 30ish days on h4 assuming it's as good as 2 and 3 were in multiplayer, that also assuming it's good enough to keep me off of blops2, DoA5 and borderlands2 most the time for the next couple of years

although before h4 is out, me and some friends are planning to do a legendary run through of reach, then CEA, then h3 for fun before jumping straight into h4's campiagn on legendary on release

Au Asterix
08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
i have 43 days 22 hours on reach... but i guess it all depends on multiplayer.

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16
08-25-2012, 02:51 PM
I'd say easily over 100 days. I live for Halo

CMCX360
08-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Considering I'm not getting the Hardened Edition of the latest COD release for the first time in 2 installments, this will be my main game. Days and days and days.

Ty-Rex
08-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Hopefully exactly 69 days.

fastNcurious
08-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Exactly 343 hours....

DarkReign2021
08-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Achievement completion time + 40-50 campaign completions. Since we don't really know how long the Campaign will be between regular playthroughs, speedruns, glitch runs, and helping friends through co-op, that time could vary. Plus I'll probably complete each season of Spartan Ops 2 or 3 times.

BlackHawkDown97
08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
A lot of hours

DxxxRules
08-26-2012, 06:05 PM
If it is a good enough game, then enough hours to completely dominate it

plum
08-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Hopefully exactly 69 days.

OMG I am famous I have my own banner and followers. Thank you:woop:

Steelhead
08-26-2012, 07:48 PM
My Halo time died when Reach released. Like most people, I put ungodly amounts of time into H2 and H3 but Reach was/is a completely different game. It's not even Halo anymore, really. Judging only from what I've heard thus far, H4 will be similar to Reach...too much tacked on trash, not enough fun. I'll certainly buy it for the co-op but I doubt I'll take any real interest in multi-player so just like Reach, it will get hundreds less hours than H2 or H3. I'm too old to dick around learning novelty crap like jetpacks and such. Halo (MP) was a great game when it was you, your BR, a couple nades and your skill. Now it's just watered-down crapola.

plum
08-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Will be playing this non stop so can't tell

Der Fuhrer
08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
If I can find a group that likes doing custom games then probably quite a substantial amount of time, other than that though probably only 5 to 10 days, which was about what I spent on Halo Reach. Halo 3 was a different story, I spent at least 200 hours on it the first two months I had live back in February and March 2009. I would be glad to spend any amount of time on it though if it is as good as H2 or H3.

Dz06lt
08-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Just enough to finish the campain one or two times

niko da bos
08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
My Halo time died when Reach released. Like most people, I put ungodly amounts of time into H2 and H3 but Reach was/is a completely different game. It's not even Halo anymore, really. Judging only from what I've heard thus far, H4 will be similar to Reach...too much tacked on trash, not enough fun. I'll certainly buy it for the co-op but I doubt I'll take any real interest in multi-player so just like Reach, it will get hundreds less hours than H2 or H3. I'm too old to dick around learning novelty crap like jetpacks and such. Halo (MP) was a great game when it was you, your BR, a couple nades and your skill. Now it's just watered-down crapola.

agreed, i put so many hours into H2 and H3 but reach got sour for me fairly quick. i know i will be playing the campaign regardless, but in general i've reserved judgement until i play the MP first hand. a lot of the features and different things i saw being announced were kind of making me upset with the multiplayer, but now ive resorted to closing my eyes (and ears) + just hoping its fun lol. at this point theres really nothing to do, halo is changing, for better or worse.

the H4 forge looks amazing, that could provide endless entertainment for those fans who are good at making maps. i may not be great at making them, but i love playing / testing them! :)

Vectorman953
08-27-2012, 06:00 PM
24 hours on custom games
10 days on forge (consiberably longer if you count when I'm passed out after a days work while making maps)
3 days on campaign
? days on Spartan Ops (All the seasons)
2 days on mulitplayer

I can't really gauge the multiplayer or spartan ops, because I'm not really sure how many of my friends will be picking up this game. Firefight/Spartan Ops just isn't the same with strangers.

LickableLemons7
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM
40-50 campaign completions

...Jesus.

And I was thinking 20 would do it for me.

Skorpion XBA
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't know. Ever how long it takes to complete the campaign, then I'll be done with it.

fax5jrj
08-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I don't know. Ever how long it takes to complete the campaign, then I'll be done with it.

Please tell me that's because you don't have live. If not, you'll be missing out on yet another amazing online that (if it's like any other Halo game except Reach) will revolutionize multiplayer for the third time.

Dz06lt
08-28-2012, 01:31 AM
...Jesus.

And thats far too many as well

Fireball6554
08-28-2012, 03:01 AM
20+ days of playing time.

Reach I have about 21 or something, but Halo 3 was at least 40+. It depends if this game is as good and fun to play as H2 and H3 were in the first couple months.

MixMaker1
08-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Halo 4 is going to get ALL MY ATTENTION once it's released. I dumped a LOT of hours into Reach but felt it was not as "fun" as 2 & 3. 4 looks amazing especially with S-Ops!

niko da bos
08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
+ 40-50 campaign completions.

...Jesus.

And thats far too many as well

i think it all depends on how good the campaign is, i personally sank countless hours into H3 campaign. for sure beaten it over 50 times, and halo2? kidding me, atleast 100+ completions! lol those campaigns were epic, especially co-op. even Reach had a great campaign, i atleast give the game that:p.

if halo4 is anything like previous entries, the campaign will be awesome once again. although i was kind of hoping for a flood return:(

Skorpion XBA
08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Please tell me that's because you don't have live. If not, you'll be missing out on yet another amazing online that (if it's like any other Halo game except Reach) will revolutionize multiplayer for the third time.

No, it's because I really don't like Halo all that much. So, if I play it at all it'll be just through the campaign.

MixMaker1
08-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Achievement completion time + 40-50 campaign completions. Since we don't really know how long the Campaign will be between regular playthroughs, speedruns, glitch runs, and helping friends through co-op, that time could vary. Plus I'll probably complete each season of Spartan Ops 2 or 3 times.
Did you change your GT? We need to play some more! :)

fax5jrj
08-28-2012, 07:20 PM
No, it's because I really don't like Halo all that much. So, if I play it at all it'll be just through the campaign.

Yeah, I guess everyone deserves an opinion. So what don't you like about the muliplayer?

Skorpion XBA
08-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I guess everyone deserves an opinion. So what don't you like about the muliplayer?

I never really played that much multiplayer. My internet sucks for time being, so I don't even bother wasting other people's time by trying to get into a game of any sort. I have played a few times offline. It's OK but just not for me. But like you said, that's my opinion.

Dz06lt
08-29-2012, 12:32 AM
i think it all depends on how good the campaign is, i personally sank countless hours into H3 campaign. for sure beaten it over 50 times, and halo2? kidding me, atleast 100+ completions! lol those campaigns were epic, especially co-op. even Reach had a great campaign, i atleast give the game that:p.

if halo4 is anything like previous entries, the campaign will be awesome once again. although i was kind of hoping for a flood return:(

No campain is that good, also fuck the flood the series will be better without them

fax5jrj
08-29-2012, 12:47 AM
No campain is that good, also fuck the flood the series will be better without them

Dude! The flood is what made the first three games a lot more difficult. They also gave it a dark side that was much needed. Halo: Reach already had a dark side, but ODST felt too happy. Still a great game though.

And while Halo games are great, I've had Halo 3 for years but I've only completed it like 10 times. Max. And I haven't even completed Halo 2. Worst Halo campaign IMO. The boss at the end was too difficult. (for me at least, I'm not that great at Halo campaigns. Took me like two weeks to beat Halo Reach on Legendary Solo) That's not why I disliked it, though. All of the inner-covenant cut-scenes were awesome, but the game seriously lacked in the plot department. The only thing that really stood out in that campaign was the amazing level design. That was my biggest gripe with Halo 3. The plot was an improvement, but the level design felt downgraded from the last game. That was about the only problem with Halo 3, though.

Halo is pretty much the only series right now that with every entry, everything is upraded and expanded upon and they add a bunch of new features. That's why everyone puts in hundreds of hours.

Wow, I just rambled a lot.

The Bum-Mobile
08-29-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't know. My playtime for Halo games has gone down with each iteration since 2, so I can't imagine it'll be among the ridiculous numbers you guys are putting up. I'll probably run through campaign once or twice, then it's all multiplayer from there.

niko da bos
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM

well actually when i first started with halo i had no XBL, so initially all my time would be invested into the campaign. mostly co-op with friends, on halo2 we did a lot of split-screen custom game madness. of course its different for everyone, but starting out playing halo i would be on the campaign all the time.

i suppose everybody has a different opinion on the flood, i always thought it was a nice change of pace from the covies. however, i cannot STAND when they have power weapons:mad:. also those spider things that change forms umpteen times lol. but who knows, after this new enemy is introduced (prometheons?), you might be begging for the flood back :P

ronnie42
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Lets just say too many hours, will be reaching for the max rank.

Dz06lt
08-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Dude! The flood is what made the first three games a lot more difficult. They also gave it a dark side that was much needed. Halo: Reach already had a dark side, but ODST felt too happy. Still a great game though.

And while Halo games are great, I've had Halo 3 for years but I've only completed it like 10 times. Max. And I haven't even completed Halo 2. Worst Halo campaign IMO. The boss at the end was too difficult. (for me at least, I'm not that great at Halo campaigns. Took me like two weeks to beat Halo Reach on Legendary Solo) That's not why I disliked it, though. All of the inner-covenant cut-scenes were awesome, but the game seriously lacked in the plot department. The only thing that really stood out in that campaign was the amazing level design. That was my biggest gripe with Halo 3. The plot was an improvement, but the level design felt downgraded from the last game. That was about the only problem with Halo 3, though.

Halo is pretty much the only series right now that with every entry, everything is upraded and expanded upon and they add a bunch of new features. That's why everyone puts in hundreds of hours.

Wow, I just rambled a lot.

well actually when i first started with halo i had no XBL, so initially all my time would be invested into the campaign. mostly co-op with friends, on halo2 we did a lot of split-screen custom game madness. of course its different for everyone, but starting out playing halo i would be on the campaign all the time.

i suppose everybody has a different opinion on the flood, i always thought it was a nice change of pace from the covies. however, i cannot STAND when they have power weapons:mad:. also those spider things that change forms umpteen times lol. but who knows, after this new enemy is introduced (prometheons?), you might be begging for the flood back :P

So you want to continue to play the same game over and over again with the same enemies the same strategies? Doesnt make any sense to me. The flood have been over done and its time for new enemies.

iBuzz7S
08-30-2012, 01:10 AM
More than 15 days worth. I still play MW2 from time to time and I enjoy it as it is.

Halo 4, if it's similar to Reach with weekly challenges and whatnot, I can see it being played for a lot longer.

Definitely be playing until the next Halo title.