PDA

View Full Version : GFWL Product Key doesn't work?

Der Fuhrer
08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I just bought a new copy of Halo 2, sealed and everything, loaded it onto my computer, troubleshooted for a while then finally got it to work, then the first time I sign on I enter my product key and it says invalid. I am sure I entered it correctly, went through and double-checked three times and yet it still does not work. The only things I can think of is that it is a British copy of the game (has PEGI rating system on the box) and I am in America, or that since the game is pushing 5 years old, the key expired somehow. Does anyone have any information on this or know how I can get a working product key? Thanks.

OceanH
09-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Region has nothing to do with it as GFWL games' codes are region-free. Try to change some "B" with "8" or "G" with "6" and vice versa.

Der Fuhrer
09-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Region has nothing to do with it as GFWL games' codes are region-free. Try to change some "B" with "8" or "G" with "6" and vice versa.Definitely typed it in correctly, the numbers are slightly bigger than the letters so they are pretty easy to tell apart.

Zuxun
08-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Microsoft customer support should sort it out for you, they'll replace the code.

Rukieth
09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
After it says the code is invalid/used, you should have a choice to get a phone number from them to get a new key.

McDurbin
09-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Halo 2 PC is one of the games that can be activated with any product key. So just skip the activation window and when the game loads up put your product key in again and it will work.