PDA

View Full Version : Joining Chat

Vista
09-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Ever since I borrowed crackdown from a friend I attempt to join chats with friends who live near me and it always says "joining chat". When I join chats with people from St. Louis or Texas or anywhere not near me it works fine. Then it stopped acting up, which is great. But now ever since the update today I can only talk with people far away again... All three people who live down the block from me cannot connect and see "joining chat"...

Please help!!

naptownsteeler
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM
have the same problem. have a friend 5 minutes away and can not chat with him. I can hear him fine through messages, but nothing on chat. I can't even connect.:mad:

Vista
09-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Yea thats my problem, my friend said it might have to do with LIVE getting confused about the IP addresses.

Clipse 2
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
First off it doesn't matter how far apart you and your friends live from each other. The system doesn't work from your house directly to their house, it first goes through your ISP around the world a few times to MS servers, around the world a few more times and then finally to your friends house.

Secondly you may be having issues for the same reason others are having NAT issues since the update. Check your NAT settings, go to the system blade and make sure it list your NAT as open, if its not open somethings going on...

Honkymagoo
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
This is an NAT issue. Check your NAT I bet it's either strict or moderate.

*edit*

Dammit Clipse you beat me to it lol.

Im a Manatee
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Try going into your router settings and re-opening the xboxlive ports. I've had to do that after every dash update.