PDA

View Full Version : Best Kinect games for working out that aren't dane/workout games

pharreal87
08-27-2012, 06:34 PM
getting a kinect in a week and want games that are a "workout" but aren't workout or dance games.... ideas?

Tal
08-27-2012, 11:05 PM
If your Kinect comes with Kinect Adventures, the Reflex Ridge portion is probably the best workout in that game; to a lesser degree, the rafting game activities.

I was given Wipeout: In the Zone as a birthday gift, and it is surprisingly good for sweating a bucket or two. Lots of dodging/jumping/running. I'm not really a fan of the TV show, but I've actually had fun with the game. I really wish there were some sort of in-game calorie or fitness tracker, but there is not. This is one non-workout game that could use it.

I also managed a good sustained elevated heart rate going for the "Endless Nightmare" achievements in Rise of Nightmares. That may be because I had to replay them a lot to get the A-rating and thus the cheevos. :biglaugh

Noone
09-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Kinect Sports is pretty good but kinda limited on games but the boxing game in it sure gets me a good workout.

TheRequiem95
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I've said this in other forums, but if you put 1 or 2-pound weights on your writs and play Fruit Ninja, it will wipe you out pretty fast.