PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Mountain Dew

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Halo 4 Mountain Dew Game Fuel ( Unreleased) - YouTube

also it said something about dew XP so im going to assume that you will get like a 2X xp boost.

fax5jrj
08-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Gamefuel is the best Mountain Dew!

Fireball6554
08-28-2012, 02:56 AM
I still have my Reach Mountain Dew bottles. This will also be added to the Halo empty bottle pile.

The Bum-Mobile
08-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Swag! I don't even remember there being Reach game fuel? But I DO remember buying copious amounts of Dew (More so than usual.) when Halo 3 came out.

Akatsuki Sensor
08-28-2012, 03:52 AM
I've never tried mountain dew for late night gaming. It was never very big over here until recently, but I always used to stick with Monster, Relentless and Rockstar. Would you guys recommend it? I do prefer it's taste over some of the flavours in the previously listed drinks. I think it's cheaper too :D

But that bottle looks super cool, I wonder if I'll be able to get my hands on one.

ReverendSID
08-28-2012, 03:57 AM
There wasn't a Game Fuel release for Reach, they just did Nobel Team on the bottles for various varieties. Carter on regular Dew, Kat on Voltage, Jun on Diet, Jorge on whatever the orange one in called, and Emile on Code Red.

Game fuel has been released 3 times in (I think) 3 different flavors. First time was the release of Halo 3 in 2007. Second time was a World of Warcraft promotion in 2009 that featured the same flavor as the first release and a second flavor that sucked IMO. And the third was last year with the release of CoD MW3, and I think that was again 2 flavors, but the cherry citrus flavor has been in all 3, and it's all I bought last time.

All 3 of the releases have lasted only 12 weeks. Though I did stretch out one of those WoW 12 packs for almost a year. Until now they've been doing it once every 2 years, so it's awesome that they're doing a release for Halo 4. Maybe this one will last longer than 12 weeks. Be nice if they just made it a permanent flavor. I'd stop buying Pepsi and just buy it. :p

RBmaster9345
08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

n1ck3sixty
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Never got those awesome Halo 3/Reach energy drinks in Australia, although I have heard Australians are getting one this time!!

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Never got those awesome Halo 3/Reach energy drinks in Australia, although I have heard Australians are getting one this time!!

that can is bad ass

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16
08-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Where are they selling these? I haven't seen em yet

LickableLemons7
08-30-2012, 07:32 PM
But I DO remember buying copious amounts of Dew (More so than usual.) when Halo 3 came out.

Same here. I'll probably get a bunch of Dew when I get Halo 4, just for nostalgia.

niko da bos
08-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Swag! I don't even remember there being Reach game fuel? But I DO remember buying copious amounts of Dew (More so than usual.) when Halo 3 came out.

Same here. I'll probably get a bunch of Dew when I get Halo 4, just for nostalgia.

i think reach had it, but i know that i for sure didnt get any. halo3 however:), those were the days. agreed i will be looking out for them this time around.

Where are they selling these? I haven't seen em yet

if i remember correct i just got mine from local gas stations and stuff, they sell them wherever dew would normally be sold i think? i could be wrong, like i said its been 5 years since halo3. lol that was a loong time ago.

RBmaster9345
08-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Id like to think they all have codes like the MW3's but that isnt really as do-able in Halo. Maybe once you buy enough you can unlock an armor set or somethin. That'd be nice though I seriously doubt they thought of it

Vectorman953
09-02-2012, 10:06 AM
While extremely tasty (assuming its the same flavor as the Halo 3 stuff), I've got to say that I'm it extremely pleased with its return.
I remember becoming near addicted to the stuff during halo-thons (back to back weekend, halo-filled, all-nighters) with my friends, and how horrendously unhealthy that was

But did I mention that it was tasty?

TweakX
09-03-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm in the Dewlabs and a few days ago those posted a pic that shows Halo 4 branded Dew and Doritos saying to check back on October 1st for more details

theNomad
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2dc7eqq.jpg
"I drank so much, I've enough DewXP to become Reclaimer on launch day..."

I adore the Halo franchise and I know its not the only product with this kind of marketing, but as a parent I hate movie/game tie-ins with junkfoods. Why can't they promote something healthy like UNSC Silver Foiled Energy Health Bars or Halo Water.

LickableLemons7
09-03-2012, 03:41 PM

I adore the Halo franchise and I know its not the only product with this kind of marketing, but as a parent I hate movie/game tie-ins with junkfoods. Why can't they promote something healthy like UNSC Silver Foiled Energy Health Bars or Halo Water.

I'm with you on that one. But the Halo water thing sounds silly. I'm all for salads with energy sword shaped croutons.

But if 343i REALLY wanted Halo 4 to get out there, they could sell some UNSC labeled MREs!

And if they REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted Halo 4 to get out there, how 'bout some food nipples? Cause I've got a BIG, GRUNTY THIRST!

Frozenghost001
09-04-2012, 12:20 AM
I still have my Reach Mountain Dew bottles. This will also be added to the Halo empty bottle pile.
lol i actually still have a full bottle of the first round of Game Fuel back in the days of Halo 3 (idk why but i should probably empty it out).

im so glad they're bringing this back! its one of my favorite mountain dew flavors!

ReverendSID
09-05-2012, 02:21 AM
But if 343i REALLY wanted Halo 4 to get out there, they could sell some UNSC labeled MREs!

The sad thing is, I would TOTALLY buy those! And eat them!

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Health bars dont have the $$$ like dew. its all about the $$$

DarkReign2021
09-06-2012, 12:50 PM
:D Time for another round of mountain Dew Game Fuel. Gonna pick up about 30 cases and stretch them out over a year or so. Definitely leaving one for my collection though. Still pissed that my last 12-pack ruptured from the damn heat here (and destroyed my Halo 2 and Halo 3 7/11 cups, but fortunately I was able to replace them) but this time I'm taking extra precautions to insure nothing bad happens to it.

Kaiyo
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Reminds me of Halo 3..

Jet1337
09-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't really drink soda anymore because it's unhealthy. I'd probably buy packs of this shit, take the code from under the cap, and re-sell the drinks for profit.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't really drink soda anymore because it's unhealthy. I'd probably buy packs of this shit, take the code from under the cap, and re-sell the drinks for profit.

or go to walmart with your phone go to where the 12 packs are and take pics of the code

CHIRUNO99
09-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Just sounds like mass marketing from Microsoft to me. Although I'm not surprised considering Halo is one of their dying cash cows, but if fans are willing to buy it, then why not.

Vectorman953
09-06-2012, 10:44 PM

wat? general dew-bullshittery codes, or was there some sort of halo-related thing that i'm missing?

Also, I just realized that they're probably going to sell this at my college. I'm a med-major, who needs help with all-nighters, and loves playing halo...
... is it possible to OD at this stuff?
(don't answer that)

Genesis x360a
09-06-2012, 11:07 PM

With good Oral Hygiene you can drink as much soda as you please. Its only scruffy bastards that don't brush and floss who get really bad teeth from drinking soda. In saying that I do agree though, something other than Energy drink/soda would be better.

I'll be picking up one or 2 when they release in the UK on the 24th of this month. Not for the Halo 4 tie in but because I do like the taste of Mountain Dew Energy and its a new flavor that we don't get in the UK.

ReverendSID
09-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Personally, I plan on going around to every grocery store and Wal-mart within 25 miles of my house and buying every 12 pack and 2 liter they have in stock. And then maybe I'll hit the gas stations to see if they have 20 oz bottles and clean them out. Until they come to their senses and make it a permanent flavor I have to stock up every time it's released.

lifeexpectancy
09-07-2012, 06:34 PM
With good Oral Hygiene you can drink as much soda as you please. Its only scruffy bastards that don't brush and floss who get really bad teeth from drinking soda.

You can brush and floss and keep your pearly whites all day, but guzzling soda loaded to the brim with craploads of sugar (corn syrup) and artificial colors wreaks havoc on your body. You can't brush and floss away morbid obesity and type-2 diabetes from binging on junk food all the time. The obesity epidemic in America can be tracked on nearly a directly proportional relationship with the over time per-capita increase in soda and processed food intake. Look at your bread label sometime, because they're even putting high fructose form syrup in a lot of freaking BREADS these days.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out that the parent posting above is probably much more concerned for the health effects of junk food, not the oral hygiene aspect.

Don't get me wrong, I drink soda too, but moderation is key with anything. I Ty to avoid more than 3-4 sodas a week unless it's a special occassion like the release of a huge movie I'm anticipating or in this case Halo 4. I'm sure I'll down at least 3-4 cokes a day for the few days post launch, but after that I'll quit cold turkey for a month and go back to my 3-4 a week.

Treat your body well if you want to be around long enough to enjoy Halo XIII-2. :-)

Genesis x360a
09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
You can brush and floss and keep your pearly whites all day, but guzzling soda loaded to the brim with craploads of sugar (corn syrup) and artificial colors wreaks havoc on your body. You can't brush and floss away morbid obesity and type-2 diabetes from binging on junk food all the time. The obesity epidemic in America can be tracked on nearly a directly proportional relationship with the over time per-capita increase in soda and processed food intake. Look at your bread label sometime, because they're even putting high fructose form syrup in a lot of freaking BREADS these days.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out that the parent posting above is probably much more concerned for the health effects of junk food, not the oral hygiene aspect.

Don't get me wrong, I drink soda too, but moderation is key with anything. I Ty to avoid more than 3-4 sodas a week unless it's a special occassion like the release of a huge movie I'm anticipating or in this case Halo 4. I'm sure I'll down at least 3-4 cokes a day for the few days post launch, but after that I'll quit cold turkey for a month and go back to my 3-4 a week.

Treat your body well if you want to be around long enough to enjoy Halo XIII-2. :-)

Ooo I know I totally get it and being a parent myself I don't let my kids drink fizzy drinks/soda basically at all. I was just pointing out that if you brush and floss your teeth a couple of 6 packs of GameFuel isn't going to rot your teeth XD

Jet1337
09-08-2012, 12:52 AM
or go to walmart with your phone go to where the 12 packs are and take pics of the code

Doesn't help if I have no camera...

Soda really does fuck up your health. I used to drink nothing but 24 packs of dew and I would cough consistently and I felt like shit. Then I started drinking water and I don't cough anymore.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Just sounds like mass marketing from Microsoft to me. Although I'm not surprised considering Halo is one of their dying cash cows, but if fans are willing to buy it, then why not.

halo is a cash cow but its FAR from dying, now CODis dying. it takes innivation not replication.

RBmaster9345
09-09-2012, 12:50 AM
When's this released does anyone know?

LickableLemons7
09-09-2012, 04:13 PM
:D Time for another round of mountain Dew Game Fuel. Gonna pick up about 30 cases and stretch them out over a year or so. Definitely leaving one for my collection though. Still pissed that my last 12-pack ruptured from the damn heat here (and destroyed my Halo 2 and Halo 3 7/11 cups, but fortunately I was able to replace them) but this time I'm taking extra precautions to insure nothing bad happens to it.

EHR MER GERD SOMEONE ELSE WHO COLLECTS SLURPEE CUPS!

I regret not saving a Halo 2 cup I had, for some reason I kept it for 2 days then I tossed it out. I was young and stupid.

But I still have one from the Halo 3 days and it has Master Chief holding a red flag, with a warthog to his right.

And I also have some 3-D holographic Star Wars Revenge of the Sith cups.

Those were the days...I hope 7-11 will have some Halo 4 cups this winter. It's been a long time since I've had a slurpee when it's 30 degrees fahrenheit outside.

The Detective
09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
I've never tried mountain dew for late night gaming. It was never very big over here until recently, but I always used to stick with Monster, Relentless and Rockstar. Would you guys recommend it? I do prefer it's taste over some of the flavours in the previously listed drinks. I think it's cheaper too :D

But that bottle looks super cool, I wonder if I'll be able to get my hands on one.

Well in my opinion Dew tastes much better than Monster and all of those energy drinks. But that's just me. Give it a try! You might like it.

LickableLemons7
09-13-2012, 07:28 PM
The good ol' days:

Halo 3 Mountain Dew Game Fuel Ad - YouTube

Ty-Rex
09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I barely drink soda ever (because it's really, really horrible for you), but I still have to try this Halo 4 Mountain Dew 4 Xtreme Gamers seeing as I'm an XTREME GAMERS myself.

If only 343 had a drink tie-in with Absolut or Grey Goose, I'd be down for that.

Well in my opinion Dew tastes much better than Monster and all of those energy drinks. But that's just me. Give it a try! You might like it.
Man, nothing tastes worse than energy drinks. I cringe when someone orders rounds of Jager Bombs just because they have Red Bull in them.

ReverendSID
09-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Man, nothing tastes worse than energy drinks. I cringe when someone orders rounds of Jager Bombs just because they have Red Bull in them.
As if the Jager isn't bad enough without adding in a drink that tastes like chalk?!

Ty-Rex
09-14-2012, 03:09 AM
As if the Jager isn't bad enough without adding in a drink that tastes like chalk?!
Jager is bad, granted, but Red Bull just tastes like artificial sweetener and ass. Mixed drinks suck anyway. Beer is infinitely better even if it does make you feel bloated.

Also vodka.

DarkReign2021
09-15-2012, 03:31 PM
EHR MER GERD SOMEONE ELSE WHO COLLECTS SLURPEE CUPS!

I regret not saving a Halo 2 cup I had, for some reason I kept it for 2 days then I tossed it out. I was young and stupid.

But I still have one from the Halo 3 days and it has Master Chief holding a red flag, with a warthog to his right.

And I also have some 3-D holographic Star Wars Revenge of the Sith cups.

Those were the days...I hope 7-11 will have some Halo 4 cups this winter. It's been a long time since I've had a slurpee when it's 30 degrees fahrenheit outside.

I have the Master Chief and the Covenant Halo 2 cups and the Halo 3 Holographic Master Chief cup. I didn't know about the Warthog cup though. I've never even seen that one. But yeah, I hope they have slurpee cups for Halo 4. The only issue is I have no idea where a 7/11 is in my area anymore. The only one I know about closed shortly after Halo 3 came out. Time to start hunting again just in case. In the meantime I've now taken to purchasing Halo-related coffee cups, shot glasses, beer mugs, pint glasses, etc... I think I have a problem. lol.

I barely drink soda ever (because it's really, really horrible for you)

If only 343 had a drink tie-in with Absolut or Grey Goose, I'd be down for that.

What??? What is this. I don't even...

Ty-Rex
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
What??? What is this. I don't even...
It was a joke mostly, but a really lot of people do drink way too much soda without realizing how bad it is for them.

Disclaimer: Alcohol is much worse for you than soda is and it is easy to become dependent on it. Also don't drink and drive please.

TweakX
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I have the Halo 2 cups in storage some where and I have all 3 of the Halo 3 cups. The minute I heard about them I walked down to 7-11 and bought the cups outright. I hope they do halo 4 cups but if not I am buying a shit ton of other Halo 4 merch

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
why is there no 7/11 s in Raleigh!!! FU 7/11

yourbreakfast99
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
why is there no 7/11 s in Raleigh!!! FU 7/11

7/11 is awesome man, you are missing out.