PDA

View Full Version : should i get this for pc?

FYC Punker
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Now I know this might sound like a dumb question but I just don't understand how mods work such as the zombies thing and what not.

Anyone care to educate a "dummy" when it comes to stuff like that?

Edit: I already own this for xbox 360 and I use to play on Pc many years ago but never used mods or anything like that,and like I said idk how they work,do I just download them?

CHIRUNO99
08-28-2012, 12:45 PM
If you're interested in how the modding community are going to change CS:GO then you will benefit form it more on PC, along with the usual "FPS is better on PC" argument.

For how they work I assume it's the same as CS:Source, where every thing's server side and you just download it all when you join a server.

Flipstylee
08-28-2012, 12:47 PM
What i can tell you about this game is: if you're aiming for achievements, obviously get it on 360, otherwise get Counterstrike 1.6 or CS Source on pc first (1.6 is free, and IMO much better despite old graphics). I think it was 2000 or '01 that i started playing CS, and it's fun as hell with a mouse and keyboard, i didn't so much like it with the controller.

As for mods, PC has some sick CS mods like hook mod, modes like "scoutz + knivez" and they even have custom World of Warcraft servers where you level up and gain different abilities based on the character you choose. I can't speak to CS: GO, but the CS modding community is extensive on pc.

Had to blurb a bit as i feel like this was a slight let down as i didn't really think of myself as a hardcore CS fan until i was typing this, while thinking of the many 6-8 hour sessions i put in towards NO ACHIEVEMENTS AT ALL!

I just don't want anyone to be turned off to the series due to the recent incarnation: i'm gonna go back and give it another shot right now.

warrenpaul
08-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Its totally upto you, i enjoy it on the 360, plus i aint got a pc no more, but ive just ordered a new imac so i think ill grab it on there to see what its like

ChickinOnaChain
08-28-2012, 03:57 PM
The question is, why shouldn't you get it for a PC? If you like it, why not?

Spock
08-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes, you should. I've recently been playing on Assault with 20 v 20. It is incredible fun and the overall package surpasses the 360. The only problem is going back and forth between the 2 games and getting used to the controller and keyboard differences.