PDA

View Full Version : Bot difficulty

Narkaotik
08-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Is it me or... when I played just after downloading it, bots on easy where really crappy AI, did clean sweep and rampage legit against them...

Now they turn around when I'm behind and headshot me all the time within a second if I havent killed them in less than a second, frontal is suicide... :eek:

But when I watch them fight other bot, they are crappy... :confused:

Honnestly, I'm confused about that.

Blackest Metal
08-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I found the bots were not aggressive on easy but very accurate if facing you, about 30% of all shots were headshots too. My solution was to shoot them from behind hah

StarsRPD
08-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Very unpredictable A.I., sometimes I survive a front attack and shoot 3-4 bots other time they kill me instantly. Reason why I hated the award achievement against bots.

Nevander
08-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I have the same EXACT problem. I've done Rampage legit and have had my fair share of amazing games against bots, but now even on Easy it seems like around every corner is a bot who will instantly headshot me.

It seems as if crouching down will make you more likely to be headshotted. The bots aiming pattern is down and up, then striaght. They have to 'aquire' their target in a really bad way then they focus their aim. So if you are standing still and are crouched, you will be a very easy headshot for them to net.

Once again though, very unpredictable. I've crouched in front of a group of five guys and only lost 30 HP and killed them all when other times just one guy will instant headshot me from an insane range.

Also it may just be me, but I swear different maps and character models yield different levels of difficulty within one difficulty.

For example, either team on Dust/Dust 2 is a JOKE to kill. You will probably finish a lot of games there with no deaths. But now switch it to Italy, Inferno, or Train. All of a sudden the Terrorist bots seem to have a massive advantage in aiming. They are somehow better than previously, whereas the CTs are still good but nowhere near as good as the terrorists.

Maybe I'm just going insane. :p

DEG23
08-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Maybe I'm just going insane. :p

Mind if i join you:p

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I was god mode on dust, even using medium bots, then i switch to Italy and Inferno and suddenly i am headshoted nearly every round. I ended up knocking them down to easy but it didn't seem to make any difference.

The really annoying part was they were using inaccurate guns like the Mac-10 and Sawed of Shotgun.:mad:

warrenpaul
08-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Just headshot them and it should be all good, they can pull some nice headshots tho lol

Narkaotik
08-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Just headshot them and it should be all good, they can pull some nice headshots tho lol

3 headshot in a row with a MP9 at long range firing fully automatic isnt nice, it's abusive! *In my opinion*

But you guys are right, I think it depend on the map.

FYC Punker
08-30-2012, 04:33 AM
Dem bots with dem wallhacks and aimbots should be banned :p

Narkaotik
08-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Dem bots with dem wallhacks and aimbots should be banned :p

Nah just need admin mod to /chicken them. :)

DR3AMxCATCHER
08-30-2012, 06:25 PM
As most have already stated: They are easy for the most part. However, I do know when playing online and going against a bot if I don't get them killed within my first few shots I might as well just say GG. They pull some random crap out, which is good, but also very annoying.