PDA

View Full Version : King of the Kill - The Efficient Way

TheFalcon
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Idling bot matches yourself will get you the achievement eventually, but if you really want to do this efficiently try this set up.

Get 10 people to fill up an Arms Race match. Doesn't have to be 10 human players, so break out those second consoles and dummy accounts if you got em.

When the match starts, call vote for "choose the next map" and choose Shoots. Once the vote passes, every game after this will be on Shoots and will bypass the loading screen and warmup time. This is almost twice as fast as letting the game switch between Shoots and Baggage over and over.

Now you just need at least 1 person to get the 27 kills and finish the match. This is also the fastest way to rack up kills towards God of War, so you shouldn't have an issue finding someone to get kills. You can even have 1 person from each team go at the same time if you want.

There is a possibility you will lose your matches played if your xbox freezes during the game, so make sure you quit out to the main menu and rejoin to save your matches played so far.

My group is currently averaging about 2 mins a match for 30 matches an hour. 5000 / 30 = 167 hours. When I was running bot matches offline over night I was averaging about 5 matches an hour at best, which would take 1000 hours. You can still idle with this method as long as someone is doing the killing. If everyone is going to idle, drop it down to 9 players and 1 bot and the bot will finish the match at a rate of about 20 matches an hour. If you're fortunate enough to have that glitch where the matches count twice, you can get up to 60 matches an hour.

As of this time my group is approaching 48 hours straight of running this lobby. In that time I've gone from about 700 matches to 2600 matches.

i fist brown i
08-29-2012, 06:04 PM
i cant believe people would actually want this achievement badly enough to do this....

ill just play the game, and if i get it, i get it... if i dont, i wont...

and i have a 94% completion percentage overall with about 170 games played.

i guess this is like trolling, but i definitely do not mean it to be... its just my 2 cents.

ofay
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
The easiest way, let bots play while you sleep. Doesn't waste any of your time

Mac Chickgun
08-29-2012, 07:33 PM

That's indeed easier but 100 wins a night versus 60 a hour, I know what I will choose....

Mr Fiddler
08-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Why not do both if you really want to get it done ASAP? :)

TheFalcon
08-29-2012, 08:52 PM

That's actually a much bigger waste of time. Just running it at night will take well over a month, 3 weeks if you run in 24/7. I'll have this done in a few days. If you work in shifts, you'll barely have to do anything.

Ayx
08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
That's actually a much bigger waste of time. Just running it at night will take well over a month, 3 weeks if you run in 24/7. I'll have this done in a few days. If you work in shifts, you'll barely have to do anything.I was offered to do this, but I decided not to mostly because the game sometimes decides to randomly disconnect you from Xbox LIVE or the game in general. If I do this while I'm gone for University for several hours of the day (sometimes I don't log on until the next night). then I could lose several hours of progress.

I don't mind getting it while I'm not doing it anyways, having a 'schedule' sounds more like a chore when honestly with a bit a patience (I did MK, so it's not a big deal) you will get this achievement eventually. It's not really a "waste of time" if I'm literally doing nothing but leaving the Xbox on 24/7 while I take care of IRL duties. Really a win win.

Nevander
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
To me this method isn't really 'efficient.' It may, however, be the best and quickest to get the matches done, but it's definitely something I wouldn't see myself doing.

It would just be soooo boring and I'd rather have the boring stuff happen while I sleep. Also that way I do not have to worry about being disconnected from the game/LIVE because then I can still have matches counting as long as I go to the main menu.

warrenpaul
08-29-2012, 11:13 PM
im gonna just try and get it the legit way, but im not really bothered on getting it now really, all the about the game it self for me

Mr.Fail
08-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Lol, I've never seen such dedication for an achievement! But seriously, if you enjoy the game enough, obtaining it naturally would be satisfying than this 'efficent method'.

McKnives
08-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Lol, I've never seen such dedication for an achievement! But seriously, if you enjoy the game enough, obtaining it naturally would be satisfying than this 'efficent method'.

What's wrong with people these days?! You buy a really good game made for competitive play and only costs 15 quid and you're already finding cheap/stupid exploits to get your kills asap!

You gotta ask yourself this simple question. Why do you and people like you even pay for xbox live gold?

You buy a decent game like this and play against cpu bots. And HAVE to get your kills as fast as possible with no effort or fun involved..

This sickens me as people did the same on gears of war 1. Why play when I can get cheap kills off ai bots and move onto the next grind..I mean game..

Boosting a big fat fake gamerscore that means absolutely nothing.

DeAtHisLaNd
08-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Got the achievement Yesterday. We were boosting 24/7 me and my boosting group. Not that bad, 5 Days straight :p

TheFalcon
08-30-2012, 04:18 PM
lol, I try and help people and I just get shit for it. Whatever, this is the quickest way to get this achievement at the moment, take it or leave it people.

AFreakinCabbag3
08-30-2012, 05:35 PM
You buy a decent game like this and play against cpu bots. And HAVE to get your kills as fast as possible with no effort or fun involved.

If you enjoy having to think a whole 1-2 secs ahead of every situation on a game where you can't just prefire to make up for laggy connections then you play online. I've shot someone 3-4 times center body mass with the shotgun when on my screen he was sitting in a corner, I sneak up catch him unaware next screen I see he's turned on me dropped me in what looks like 1 shot and he is still full hp. Yep that's really competitive right there, stuff like that must happen in MLG all the time then. Super fun times to be had.

ofay
08-30-2012, 05:50 PM
That's indeed easier but 100 wins a night versus 60 a hour, I know what I will choose....

That's actually a much bigger waste of time. Just running it at night will take well over a month, 3 weeks if you run in 24/7. I'll have this done in a few days. If you work in shifts, you'll barely have to do anything.

It may not be the fastest way, but it's playing while I'm sleeping. So it's not using any of my time to boost

DR3AMxCATCHER
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I'll take the risk of doing this over night as time goes, however, before I ever idle boost in CS...I must finish idle boosting in Gears 3.

WalterWhite
08-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Hopefully someday developers will learn that these kind of achievements are the kind that ruin games or at the very least make a mess out of the community. I'm not knocking anybody for boosting or going after the achievement, I know what website I'm on and eventually I'd like to get it myself. But what's sad about this achievement is that it's the topic of most discussion on the boards. Forget about what a great game they released and having fun, we all have to figure out an efficient way to get this done. Seems like a waste in so many ways.

DEG23
08-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Hopefully someday developers will learn that these kind of achievements are the kind that ruin games or at the very least make a mess out of the community. I'm not knocking anybody for boosting or going after the achievement, I know what website I'm on and eventually I'd like to get it myself. But what's sad about this achievement is that it's the topic of most discussion on the boards. Forget about what a great game they released and having fun, we all have to figure out an efficient way to get this done. Seems like a waste in so many ways.

I agree, but i will admit if i was a developer, knowing what the community was like, i would probably include a few grind achievements, only because it seems so many people play a game until the achievements are unlocked then move on.

Of course true fans will stay with the game for fun but I've noticed on a few PS3 forums, people are happy that their trophy list was so easy so they can get the platinum and move on:(

StarsRPD
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
I agree, but i will admit if i was a developer, knowing what the community was like, i would probably include a few grind achievements, only because it seems so many people play a game until the achievements are unlocked then move on.

Of course true fans will stay with the game for fun but I've noticed on a few PS3 forums, people are happy that their trophy list was so easy so they can get the platinum and move on:(

I wish I had the PS3 version now. These achievements is grind and beyond grind, takes it to a whole new level. I'm sure they thought surely someone will unlock these, lets test it out, lol.

I'm soon at 1000 matches just by leaving it on.

WalterWhite
08-31-2012, 12:28 AM

Let them make grind achievements if they want, but include a real grind. The 10,000 kills achievement is a fine example. 5,000 matches only inspires idle players, which if there wasn't the option to use bots in private matches, would be ruining public matches.

I'll also admit that if I was a developer I would probably do the same thing but you can bet your ass I'd set it up so idling was never an option. On the other hand they didn't do anyone any favors with this game by setting up long grind achievements and coupling it with a less than desirable chat system. The chat system is going to cost this game players long before the achievements scare them away.

Mac Chickgun
08-31-2012, 02:32 AM
The problem with this achievement is that it is for arms race and domination only....if it was across all gamerypes it was a different story....anyway I will still keep playing this game even if I complete it...the game is too fun. :uzi::woop:

Ayx
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
lol, I try and help people and I just get shit for it. Whatever, this is the quickest way to get this achievement at the moment, take it or leave it people.Who said you're getting shit for this?

It's just that you have to be dedicated to get this achievement in 5 days to a week, most of the community simply doesn't have that time to commit to it when you can get the achievement for doing nothing but leaving the Xbox on. Of course your method is the most efficient one, but you have to understand some people won't agree with it being the "Efficient" way when you have to make sure your Xbox doesn't hard lock, disconnect from Xbox Live or lag you out of the pre-game for no reason while you have to take care of your duties. Although I do envy your commitment with your group, I sure don't envy what you prefer to do in your spare time.

WalterWhite
08-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Who said you're getting shit for this?

It's just that you have to be dedicated to get this achievement in 5 days to a week, most of the community simply doesn't have that time to commit to it when you can get the achievement for doing nothing but leaving the Xbox on. Of course your method is the most efficient one, but you have to understand some people won't agree with it being the "Efficient" way when you have to make sure your Xbox doesn't hard lock, disconnect from Xbox Live or lag you out of the pre-game for no reason while you have to take care of your duties. Although I do envy your commitment with your group, I sure don't envy what you prefer to do in your spare time.

I agree, I don't think anybody is hating on you OP - your method is probably the most efficient but maybe not the most convenient for most people. I'm sure I played a part in getting your thread off-topic, so my apologies.

Andreas_loel
09-01-2012, 04:19 AM
If you enjoy having to think a whole 1-2 secs ahead of every situation on a game where you can't just prefire to make up for laggy connections then you play online. I've shot someone 3-4 times center body mass with the shotgun when on my screen he was sitting in a corner, I sneak up catch him unaware next screen I see he's turned on me dropped me in what looks like 1 shot and he is still full hp. Yep that's really competitive right there, stuff like that must happen in MLG all the time then. Super fun times to be had.

Ill agree with my boy cabbage, he is one of the worst tryhards ive ever played with ever and when he put it this way its never lies

DROGTURIST
09-01-2012, 07:36 AM
I've been in sessions like this and can vouch for its insane efficiency. It really does work, especially for kills if you're the killer. It does take a lot longer than this kind of boosting should, though. I can't even imagine how long this would take legit, for someone with a job and so forth... It'd take at least a year of regular play to complete the game. Fuck that.

Hopefully someday developers will learn that these kind of achievements are the kind that ruin games or at the very least make a mess out of the community. I'm not knocking anybody for boosting or going after the achievement, I know what website I'm on and eventually I'd like to get it myself. But what's sad about this achievement is that it's the topic of most discussion on the boards. Forget about what a great game they released and having fun, we all have to figure out an efficient way to get this done. Seems like a waste in so many ways.Developers already did learn that! This kind of achievement hasn't really been common since the first year the 360 came out - Quake 4 with its 5000 matches, 300+ hours of Bejeweled 2, etc. Valve is bringing this stupid shit back for some retarded reason.

StarsRPD
09-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Doing this now. Session from TA. it works well, went up 400 matches so far.
Edit: 3000-10000 kills. 1250-2939 matches (27hrs)

Infernal
09-08-2012, 04:20 PM
To me this method isn't really 'efficient.' It may, however, be the best and quickest to get the matches done, but it's definitely something I wouldn't see myself doing.

It would just be soooo boring and I'd rather have the boring stuff happen while I sleep. Also that way I do not have to worry about being disconnected from the game/LIVE because then I can still have matches counting as long as I go to the main menu.

I don't understand how this method isn't efficient to you? it takes the time down from over a month to just a few days, you're retarded. If you can insult Falcon saying this isn't an efficient method then I can insult you.

I'm almost done falcon! soo thank you for the method, 900 matches to go :)

i fist brown i
09-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't understand how this method isn't efficient to you? it takes the time down from over a month to just a few days, you're retarded. If you can insult Falcon saying this isn't an efficient method then I can insult you.

I'm almost done falcon! soo thank you for the method, 900 matches to go :)

all in all, its just a huge waste of time.

Nevander
09-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't understand how this method isn't efficient to you? it takes the time down from over a month to just a few days, you're retarded.

Yea... a few days of constant boosting matches in one game just for one achievement. Sorry but doing that doesn't tickle my fancy. I've done it before (GoW2 KoTH boosting) and it was not fun. I just wanted to quit and go play something else every day I was boosting it. I'm glad it's done but I'm not boosting hardcore stuff anymore, no thanks. Fun is what I want.

StarsRPD
09-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Yea... a few days of constant boosting matches in one game just for one achievement. Sorry but doing that doesn't tickle my fancy. I've done it before (GoW2 KoTH boosting) and it was not fun. I just wanted to quit and go play something else every day I was boosting it. I'm glad it's done but I'm not boosting hardcore stuff anymore, no thanks. Fun is what I want.

The fun was talking and listening to the guys in the session. So many jokes and over exaggerations. I accidentally killed one idle and he said it was all good since I only wasted like 1 second of the 6 days we have to do this. and the A.I. was so stupid slow it would go kill one of the idle then look at all the others, then return to his base and jerk off, then go back and kill the rest, lol.

But yeah the boosting is boring so having someone fun to listen to helps. It took 3.5 days with a few disconnects to go from 1250-5000. #19 completed on trueachievements.

Nevander
09-09-2012, 08:46 AM
You know it's funny, I went from not wanting to do this at all to wanting to do it now. Ten days until Borderlands 2 and I could be doing this during the downtime. So... if anyone is doing a session of this and you need another, hit me up. I can boost this anytime from now until the 18th. I still need about 7k kills, so I could do that as well.

Mutlucus
09-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Anyone gotten the achievement yet? I'm on 4941 so I will probably get it tomorrow. I also have 9091 kills. :D