PDA

View Full Version : halo 4 at mlg dallas

xxthegodofwarx
08-29-2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/halo-4-confirmed-for-mlg-fall-championship-in-dallas-on-november-2-4/

Im not sure if most of you know what mlg is but its a place where you can compete in tournaments for cash prizes.Its kinda cool if you ask me.Not to mention it on november 2nd before halo 4 even comes out so it will be your first chance to play before its even in stores which is crazy and since its everyone's first chance its anyone's game i wish i lived near dallas cus i would go for sure.

It's a weird time for long time halo fans,from halo 1-3 we were the kings but halo is not top dog anymore games like starcraft have taken over mlg and call of duty have taken over xbox live and broke all of halo 3 sales records.I remember when i would go through my friend list and every one was on halo.I know alot of people didnt like reach with bloom and armor lock etc but this not odst or reach.

It's HALO 4 and the return of the master chief.It's time we take back the throne.

Halo 4 Promo: Master Chief returns this November 6, 2012 - 343 Industries - YouTube

MLG Columbus 2012 Halo Promo 'We are Halo' - YouTube

Frozenghost001
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
lol i think everyone knows what MLG is. but nice find!

niko da bos
08-29-2012, 08:54 PM
It's a weird time for long time halo fans,from halo 1-3 we were the kings but halo is not top dog anymore games like starcraft have taken over mlg and call of duty have taken over xbox live and broke all of halo 3 sales records.I remember when i would go through my friend list and every one was on halo.I know alot of people didnt like reach with bloom and armor lock etc but this not odst or reach.

It's HALO 4 and the return of the master chief.It's time we take back the throne.

lol i like what you did there, lets take it back!! it is pretty crazy if you used to follow halo MLG, imo that was the game that really made MLG takeoff. after reach it was pretty much pushed aside while other games took the spotlight. now MLG is very big on starcraft, now i was a huge fan of WarcraftIII.. but honestly starcraft MLG? lol i cant understand it, especially since games like halo thrive on land events. starcraft would do just fine on its own.

dont watch too much MLG anymore, the only person i semi-enjoy watching is 'kampy' and 'igoturpistola.' a lot of the older events were soo good, back in H2 and H3? final boss, instinct, carbon, so many great teams and players. i think last time i watched MLG ogre2 was still playing reach, that kid has won so many events lol(most in MLG history).

fax5jrj
08-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Lol nice speech.

MixMaker1
08-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Glad Halo 4 will be at MLG Dallas - let's hope it sticks and brings the community back together in unison.

anorexicwes
08-30-2012, 01:22 AM
hell ya I live in Dallas, mignt go!!

CMCX360
08-30-2012, 01:31 AM
LOL at the OP posting this big, long-winded story trying to paint MLG players as anything more than they truly are, and that's a bunch of assholes.

lifeexpectancy
08-30-2012, 04:00 PM
LOL at the OP posting this big, long-winded story trying to paint MLG players as anything more than they truly are, and that's a bunch of assholes.

No offense but the OP was neither big nor long-winded. I've had farts that lasted longer than that post. As far as MLG players being assholes, well I've got news for you: there are assholes across every game, and every lifestyle for that matter. There are plenty of very chill MLG players that are cool and simply good at certain games and work hard at them, and then there are the asshats that want to grind their boot into your face every time they play you and brag about it to their friends.

Just because someone claims to be an MLG player doesn't mean they really are, and I'll bet it probably APPEARS to some people that MLG is full of assholes because so many non-MLG assholes are nothing but wannabes who try to say they're MLG when they've never even been to an event let alone won one.

PS - No, I'm not an MLG player. I'm not good enough and I don't care to try and get good enough lol.