PDA

View Full Version : Button Layouts Confirmed

iBuzz7S
08-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Boxer

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_boxer-2.jpg

Bumper Jumper

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_bumperjumper-2.jpg

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_default-2.jpg

Fishstick

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_fishstick-2.jpg

Green Thumb

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_greenthumb-2.jpg

Recon

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_recon-2.jpg

Southpaw

https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/8/30/halo4_southpaw-2.jpg

All images courtesy of The Halo Bulletin (http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/08/29/The-Halo-Bulletin-82912.aspx).

Nozza XBA
08-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Was thinking of going for Default, but after looking through, Fishstick fits what I'm looking for. I much prefer zoom on :ltbut: than on a stick!

I also use the combo of :bbut: for crouch and :rs: for melee on CoD. So sticking to what I know and play with!

iBuzz7S
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the change from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach, but I want what I think I have gotten use to with Reach.

I will need to test them out before I decide. It also makes it quite difficult when you play other FPS games. :p

Nozza XBA
08-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the change from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach, but I want what I think I have gotten use to with Reach.

I will need to test them out before I decide. It also makes it quite difficult when you play other FPS games. :p

That's the issue. You go from one FPS to another and the set-up is different. So you mix and match and then try and meet them in the middle. Which is why I'm choosing Fishstick. Closed to what I play with on CoD, which is the Tactical setting.

RBmaster9345
08-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Recon all the way

LickableLemons7
08-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Recon all the way

Amen, bro.

It might take some time getting used to pressing :xbut: to sprint.

niko da bos
08-30-2012, 04:42 PM

same, i had to switch to 'recon' and even then my nade switch button changed to X instead of LB.

thank god they still had recon, all those first few layouts had me worried. RB for grenade, LT for aim and B for crouch... wow

EDIT : sprint is X for recon.. fml :(

plum
08-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Recon all the way baby,always have grenades LT makes playing much easier and B too punch it's fast and deadly. It's soooo weird people using LT to punch and bumper jumping sucks lol

Vectorman953
08-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I really hope that I'm not the only person who just realized now that Fishstick is a pun on CoD

StolenPaper18
08-30-2012, 05:09 PM
I think I'll be going with Default. Everything else has something I don't like, lol.

MixMaker1
08-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Made a video on this last night:

Halo 4 - Button Layouts Breakdown - YouTube

I'm sticking with Bumper Jumper! :)

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I think I'm gonna stick with Recon again :D

DEG23
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Wow, i've never seen people get this excited about button layouts, but to each their own:p

MixMaker1
08-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Wow, i've never seen people get this excited about button layouts, but to each their own:p
Remember, every player will have SPRINT regardless of the loadout that you chose for your spartan. This means, one extra button could re-arrange an entire control scheme that users have been using since Halo 3. It's exciting to see the full layouts - and the fact that 343i listened to the community when Bumper Jumper was controversial at E3. Casual and competitive communities complained about it and 343 fixed it! This is great news.

niko da bos
08-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Remember, every player will have SPRINT regardless of the loadout that you chose for your spartan. This means, one extra button could re-arrange an entire control scheme that users have been using since Halo 3. It's exciting to see the full layouts - and the fact that 343i listened to the community when Bumper Jumper was controversial at E3. Casual and competitive communities complained about it and 343 fixed it! This is great news.

exactly, thats the main reason i was interested on what the layouts would be. i have always used the same button layout, then on Reach it all changed so i had to adapt to "recon." now sprint would be X, which is so damn awkward. on Reach my nade switch changed to X, but that was more managable.

maybe i would finally make the switch to bumper jumper (friends been trying to convert me forever), but the sprint on that layout is A now? bah humbug. i almost wish we could create our own button layout heh:o

MixMaker1
08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
maybe i would finally make the switch to bumper jumper (friends been trying to convert me forever), but the sprint on that layout is A now? bah humbug. i almost wish we could create our own button layout heh:o
Do it - the biggest advantage is being able to aim and jump while never taking your finger off the stick. It's given me that SMALL advantage in soooooo many DMR/BR fights I can't even begin to tell you!

It takes a day or two to get used too, but you won't look back after. It's my preferred layout as I mentioned in the video.

head0r Inc
09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Bumper Jumper + BR = I will beast :D

Der Fuhrer
09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Fishstick = Call of Duty controls. I would use Recon just like on Reach, but :xbut: as the sprint button would not work for me. I loved the old style controls, if only you could make a custom set up, so I could make the controls exactly like they were in Halo 1 and Halo 2.

yourbreakfast99
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I've only got Halo 3 ODST and i like those controls, not sure if these are the same.

fax5jrj
09-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I really hope that I'm not the only person who just realized now that Fishstick is a pun on CoD

COD players are gay fish!

I'm pretty sure that wasn't intentional, but it's still REALLY funny.

lifeexpectancy
09-05-2012, 08:52 AM
I just don't get why in this day and age they can't allow for fully customizeable controller mapping. How hard would it be really to let you assign each function to a button and save it to your player settings file. Hell, there are controllers that let you do it so why not just include that functionality in the game? I've been trying to go bumper jumper myself but I always revert back to default. I know it would give me a better dmr/br duel surviveability but it just feels so dang awkward.

I would love for Lt to be zoom, Lb to be jump, Rb melee, Rt fire, X to be reload, and A to be grenade. I'm not a grenade spammer personally so having jump, zoom, and melee on the shoulders would be fantastic. Reloading is typically done between fights or at least when your strafing around a corner, nflxif you're reloading while looking at an opponent odds are you're dead soon. I should be able to play with these controls without buying a programmable controller.

ReverendSID
09-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I just don't get why in this day and age they can't allow for fully customizeable controller mapping. How hard would it be really to let you assign each function to a button and save it to your player settings file. Hell, there are controllers that let you do it so why not just include that functionality in the game? I've been trying to go bumper jumper myself but I always revert back to default. I know it would give me a better dmr/br duel surviveability but it just feels so dang awkward.

Amen! Exactly what I was thinking, why can't I just assign buttons where I want em?! None of the provided layouts give me exactly what I want, so I just end up sticking with default and working around it best I can.

niko da bos
09-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Do it - the biggest advantage is being able to aim and jump while never taking your finger off the stick. It's given me that SMALL advantage in soooooo many DMR/BR fights I can't even begin to tell you!

It takes a day or two to get used too, but you won't look back after. It's my preferred layout as I mentioned in the video.

i dont know im actually really close to making the switch, now more than ever because of my layout dilema for halo4. never thought of that advantage before, being able to jump and aim without fumbling my right thumb so much would be helpful.

i guess part of me is just partial to the traditional control of halo, i started on H2 and H3 so i used the same layout for quite a while. reach i didnt get into for more than a few months, but 'recon' was pretty much the same aside from grenade switch.

I've only got Halo 3 ODST and i like those controls, not sure if these are the same.

no sadly they are not :(, mostly because sprint is a universal ability now im guessing. it kind of shifts around a lot of button options, that 'fishstick' one is unbelievable. lol like a clone of CoD layout.

Amen! Exactly what I was thinking, why can't I just assign buttons where I want em?! None of the provided layouts give me exactly what I want, so I just end up sticking with default and working around it best I can.

honestly i would love a custom button layout option, i would probably just mirror the one i used for H2 and H3. but the more i think about it, when you add sprint it kind of shuffles the whole thing.

speaking of which, does anybody know how the sprint will work in H4? i saw some gameplay with players sprinting, but couldnt tell if it worked the same as reach. you know, how its kind of like 'start' and 'stop' very lame. you can hardly manuever while sprinting, and players who get lit up with bullets still run full speed.

Burnout x360a
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Recon of course, used that in Reach as well because it was similar to Default in Halo 3 (IIRC).

MixMaker1
09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
i dont know im actually really close to making the switch, now more than ever because of my layout dilema for halo4. never thought of that advantage before, being able to jump and aim without fumbling my right thumb so much would be helpful.
You should!

It takes a day to get used too (like 3-4 longer games), but once you do, you won't look back. So many BR and DMR battles won because I could jump to the side or just jump at all making it tricky for my opponent to aim or land accurate head shots on me. Reach wasn't as effective as Halo 3 due to reduced movement speeds/limited strafing, but in Halo 3 it was a major advantage. From the looks of it, Halo 4 will encourage strafing as well so it's time to get used to some BJ!

fastNcurious
09-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Dear Xbox developers,

Make a game where we can customize every single button and I will pay MSRP (max $59.99) for your game.

-fastNcurious

Can't believe developers still going with pre-set layouts in 2012...

* Clueless *
09-06-2012, 12:47 AM
OMG, So thankful they kept Bumper Jumper! :p

It was near impossible for me to go back and play Halo 2 without it!