PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike Noob- Questions

Mister Buds
08-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Alright, I'm a total Counter-Strike noob, never played a single game in the series. I do play a lot of shooters though but I can't figure some stuff out in this game and there's no help online.

First of all, how the hell do I open the buy menu? At the start every round it tells me to open the buy menu but no buttons I press will open it. I've tried every button on the controller, also looked through the start menu and there seems to be no way to open this thing.

I also read that you can use secondary controllers. I've tried plugging one in and signing into another profile but there's no options to have it join a game or anything.

Finally, I think my Repeat Offender achievement is glitched. I've killed my friend 6 times in a row, without him killing me, and it has not unlocked.

StarsRPD
08-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Alright, I'm a total Counter-Strike noob, never played a single game in the series. I do play a lot of shooters though but I can't figure some stuff out in this game and there's no help online.

First of all, how the hell do I open the buy menu? At the start every round it tells me to open the buy menu but no buttons I press will open it. I've tried every button on the controller, also looked through the start menu and there seems to be no way to open this thing.

I also read that you can use secondary controllers. I've tried plugging one in and signing into another profile but there's no options to have it join a game or anything.

Finally, I think my Repeat Offender achievement is glitched. I've killed my friend 6 times in a row, without him killing me, and it has not unlocked.

This is a common glitch where the controls reset so you have to manually input example Y as the weapon menu (use) in the options.

Narkaotik
08-30-2012, 05:52 PM

Have you done this in Demoliton or Arm Race? This can only be done in these modes. Otherwise, guess it's glitched.

DR3AMxCATCHER
08-30-2012, 06:43 PM

Once you reset the controls back as others have mentioned to open up the "Buy Menu" you hold X and it should come up. I've never actually seen anyone or played with a second controller, I personally wouldn't recommend it seeing as this is Counter-Strike and you'll want to have a full view of the action.

I honestly have no idea about that achievement or what's wrong with it. I can't remember the description of it off top of my head. Sorry.

Nevander
08-30-2012, 09:28 PM
These questions are more about this version's design much less about the actual game. I was expecting questions like "how the hell do I keep dying so fast and my guns are so inaccurate" and stuff like that. :p

warrenpaul
08-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Had quite a few people message me on live how to open the buy menu lol

i press X at the start of the round

x Son of WolF x
08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Had quite a few people message me on live how to open the buy menu lol

i press X at the start of the round

I have it bound to B because I have B as my "Use" button. I think whatever you have bound to USE will be the buy key.

Mister Buds
08-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I fixed my buttons, and my achievement did unlock. None of the guides I read stated that it could only be acquired in certain modes. Also, what I saw about second controllers I read incorrectly.

Nevander
08-31-2012, 08:45 PM
None of the guides I read stated that it could only be acquired in certain modes.

Pretty sure you could still dominate an enemy in Classic and Demolition since all it requires is to kill them four times in a row. It just so happens that Arms Race is the quickest to kill the same bot over and over.