PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy if you don't have a stable internet connection

relauby
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I just wanted to warn anyone out there, since there's no mention of it on XBL or most places you might think to look, that the game is basically unplayable if you're offline. You won't gain coins, cred (XP), your scores or any other progress won't be saved and you can't make progress towards most achievements. So if you sometimes have trouble staying online, I'd recommend staying away from this game. It's been giving me a lot of trouble.

hoshinosenshi
08-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Sadly this does seem to be the case, I did cover this in the guide also. You can still play songs, but it's going to feel pointless doing so because, as you mentioned, nothing gets saved.

You can still be connected to Live, but if the Rock Band Central server is out of service or can't be connected to, you're stuck with a 'demo' in most cases.

relauby
08-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Sadly this does seem to be the case, I did cover this in the guide also. You can still play songs, but it's going to feel pointless doing so because, as you mentioned, nothing gets saved.

You can still be connected to Live, but if the Rock Band Central server is out of service or can't be connected to, you're stuck with a 'demo' in most cases.

Yeah, I saw you posted that in the guide, I just thought I'd post this in case someone didn't see that in there. In fact, is there any way we can get this stickied so people can see it easier? I don't want anyone wasting their money on it if they don't have to.

The one good thing I can say about it is, as far as I can tell, if you start a song using power-ups, lose your coins, then get disconnected mid-song, when you re-connect you'll still have your coins. I think.

hoshinosenshi
08-30-2012, 07:49 PM
You can contact a moderator to request a thread pin.

As for the coins spent on a song, I can't remember if any that I spent were still there upon being disconnected and finishing a song. I wouldn't put it pass Harmonix though to somehow 'take' your coins from something that they would overlook.

FlackoWeasel
08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Not a problem for me, our net is quite fast (150mbit) So stuff download fast :3 and never have a disconnection from xbla.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-01-2012, 06:09 AM
I noticed this the other day. I don't have bad internet. it's just that my modem is ancient (I've had it for over 8 years now) and do not have the money to get it replaced. A friend of mine who works at my internet provider said he would hook me up with a new-ish modem, but we'll see if that ever happens.

DROGTURIST
09-01-2012, 06:23 AM
It's not even just your own connection, I've had the connection to the "rock central" or whatever it is drop me in the middle of a song, meaning any score I would've gotten wouldn't have saved. I stayed connected on both XBL and my laptop so it wasn't me.

Kinda stupid system they have going here. It should at least have a system to cache your progress and upload it next time you're connected, instead of just sending all your scores to oblivion because their shit failed.