PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 limited edition guide available for pre-order

Troll Face Spartan
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
On amazon.co.ukanyway.
Halo 4 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide: Amazon.co.uk: David Hodgson, Major League Gaming: Books

Tend to get it for the multilayer tips and map layouts and it will usually come with some cool art work.
:) Just thought i would let you guys know because they usually go fast im pretty sure.

here are some details.

• Hard Cover – Features a hard cover with exclusive artwork, unique treatments, and limited edition numbering for collectability.
• BONUS Content – Includes an additional 48 pages of 'Behind-The-Scenes' content, interviews, concept art, and more from 343 Industries.
• Become a Legend – Offers the very best tactics to get you through Halo 4’s campaign with a Heroic walkthrough and Legendary tips.
• MLG Expert Strategy – Recruits the best of the best (Major League Gaming sponsored Halo players) to give you strategies on every map and game type in Halo 4.
• Follow Spartan Ops – Includes our FREE online coverage of the weekly episodic campaign with the purchase of this guide. A digital access code is included within the print guide.
• Critical Appendix – Details info on Achievements, Collectables, and Multiplayer medals within an extensive appendix.
• Forge Your Own – Discover the best tools and tricks to Forge a multiplayer map masterpiece you'll be proud to show off to anyone.

CMCX360
08-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Wow, Prima is still in business?

LickableLemons7
08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow, Prima is still in business?

Ha ha, yeah, I'm surprised too.

You can find so many YouTube vids and stuff on websites you don't need to purchase a guide anymore. The last game guide I bought was one for Pokemon Silver.

ModernSith2010
08-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Why does that surprise you, I've always found there guides to be better than any other I've had(obviously they weren't for the same game) Anyway that cover looks amazing.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-01-2012, 06:18 AM
people still buy guides?

Ty-Rex
09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Why does that surprise you, I've always found there guides to be better than any other I've had(obviously they weren't for the same game) Anyway that cover looks amazing.
People aren't surprised that Prima is still in business in comparison to other companies, they are just surprised that any guide making company is in business at all.

The guide seems neat for what it is. It looks very nice, but like everyone else said, there's just no need for paper guides at all anymore. The only appeal it has is the novelty of being good toilet reading material. The Halo 2 guide was really great for that.

plum
09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Might have to get this. Would be good for my collection.Can I buy this at the moment or only pre order ?

Der Fuhrer
09-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Halo 4 is a collector's dream, LE Console, LE Game, LE Game Guide, LE Controller. Wasn't about it isn't collectable?

Annihil88torr
09-07-2012, 03:35 AM
not gonna lie, it looks really cool.

ZingZitang
09-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Might have to get this. Would be good for my collection.Can I buy this at the moment or only pre order ?

Only pre-order. . .

I've had this ordered for two or three weeks, simply because I want everything Halo 4. I also Own every Guide for Every Halo game, the First two actually had a lot of backstory and other little tidbits of information. The more Recent ones not so much, but I still get them because they look good on my shelf.

OceanH
09-08-2012, 02:18 AM

^This. Waaaay better than BradyGames, which has gone downhill big time with their crappy walkthrough in their guides (see Tales of Vesperia guide fiasco).

people still buy guides?

Yes because there are still people here who write crappy guides. I usually/only buy guides for RPGs and JRPGs because there are way too much information to be posted in a thread, FPS guides are pointless as those games are linear.

It would have been awesome if an exclusive and unique DLC code was added as an incentive to purchase the guide.

The Detective
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
As much as I like the cover, I'll just stick with the LE. If I need a guide I could always just come here or go to TA, lol.

Reytrill
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
im so going to get the best version my local game store has i actually like the guide books that way you dont have to look online for info on everything i also got the guide for halo anniversary now i actually want the past halo guides damn oh well i did just get the xbox 1 year ago but if i ever see them ther'ye gone

Vectorman953
10-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I usually/only buy guides for RPGs and JRPGs because there are way too much information to be posted in a thread, FPS guides are pointless as those games are linear.

When I was younger, my parents would buy me guides for every game they got me, and usually the writers + game makers would divulge some of the secrets you couldn't normally find even in a linear game. Of course the point is moot now since within a week of the games release all of the secrets have been discovered by picking appart the code. I still get the guides as gifts for christmas or something, but my girlfriend knows to get only the "big" games "books" like Skyrim or technically even Borderlands. She understands that for linear games it's dumb. Picture a guide for getting through CoD games

Although I do get nostalgic for the feeling of reading a book, rather than looking up quick answers on a phone/tablet/laptop/computer/internationalspacestation

It would have been awesome if an exclusive and unique DLC code was added as an incentive to purchase the guide.
That would be pretty cool, but adding ANOTHER thing for halo-fanatics/completionists to buy is just plain evil