PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest way to get 300 songs for those who don't have previous RB games?

LegendIsReal
08-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Soooo I only have Lego Rock Band, and none of the others, and have never before bought tracks. Going for things like the 300 songs etc, is there a cheap option for songs? Are any cheaper than others?

agentnnc
08-31-2012, 03:33 AM
Rock Band 1, 2, Lego, Green Day are your cheapest songs but you need to own the game (new copies too if I'm not mistaken). Some song packs will save you something like 10 microsoft points per song but they don't do that any more with new packs. This will give you something like 200. I don't suggest you go for the achievement unless you're dedicated to Rock Band because it's going to cost you big time. I've been playing since RB1 launched and RB3 says I have something like 450 songs in my library (too bad I can't count the beatles songs).

relauby
08-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Rock Band 1 can be exported using a used copy, but for the others it has to be new so you can get the code on the back, and then you have to pay a licensing fee on top of it so it can get expensive. Don't forget there's about 25 free songs available on the marketplace.

NoThru22
08-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Rock Band 1 can be exported using a used copy, but for the others it has to be new so you can get the code on the back, and then you have to pay a licensing fee on top of it so it can get expensive. Don't forget there's about 25 free songs available on the marketplace.
You can't get the 20 free Rock Band 2 songs without a code from Rock Band 2 (which I'm not sure if that even works anymore.) That leaves about six free regular songs, the RBN megamix, and the nine free Rock Band 2 bonus songs.

Novakov
08-31-2012, 08:19 PM
you buy new copies of the track packs (track pack vol. 2, classic rock, metal, country 1, country 2, ac/dc) they will come with free export codes so those are 20 or more songs a pop.

you could theoretically get lucky and have someone not use the code from a used copy as well. Most of these packs can be found for very cheap.

other than that, import the other games, rb1, rb2, lego rb, and rb green day. and download all of the free dlc songs. a new copy of rb 2 should come with a code to download 20 other songs for free, at least they did.

beyond that you just have to buy dlc, albums and other large packs will provide the best song to dollar value.

L0cke89
08-31-2012, 08:46 PM
I would suggest getting a new copy of RB 2 and then pay the 800MSP fee.

That will give to just over 100 new songs.

Then get a used copy (or rent) RB and pay the fee for another 50+ (More if you have the European version)

This will put you at about 200 songs with the free ones and the ones from Blitz.

After that I would choose Green Day and LEGO or the track packs (pretty cheap by now).

Still, if Blitz is your first game, you will probably spend over 100$ to get 300 songs.

I've been with the series from the start (well, since Amplitude to be correct) and own RB 1,2,3 Beatles, Green Day, LEGO and Track Pack 2 (Only one released in Europe) plus about 100 or so DLC songs. I've spend nearly 1k$ over all those years since I've bought everything at launch - Including the instruments of course ;)

Gigatoreador
09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
RB Green Day Export also helps /w that "10 Songs by One Artist/Band"-Achievement ;)

If you're Not in a hurry: Wait for Rock Band related sales on the marketplace (about 30-70 % off regular Price)

shavron
09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
If you're Not in a hurry: Wait for Rock Band related sales on the marketplace (about 30-70 % off regular Price)

When was the last time there was one of these? Since the decline of the music rhythm genre I can't really recall there being one.

Gigatoreador
09-01-2012, 12:52 PM
When was the last time there was one of these? Since the decline of the music rhythm genre I can't really recall there being one.

Since I can't remember what was part of the EA-Sale in December 2011, it must've been last August (http://majornelson.com/2011/08/09/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-markeplace/).

The last Dance Central related sale was in january 2012, and that is a good selling Music/Rhythm Game afaik.

With the release of RB Blitz and DC3 coming it would be a nice oppurtunity for a Harmonix sale. ;)

NoThru22
09-05-2012, 05:40 PM
There are Guitar Hero tracks on special this week so I don't see your logic as being sound.

Flopsy86
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Long story short, this achievement won't come cheap if you have zero RB dlc currently

STLfan2468
09-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Could you play on another's Xbox with dlc? Just curious as I'm exactly 30 songs short lol