PDA

View Full Version : 4 Player co-op

a7x4lyf3
09-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Sorry if this has been answered already, I've been up a long time and just too tired and lazy to start searching everywhere for this to be answered, i was just wondering if anyone knew if Halo 4 is going to be 4 player co-op, I have a feeling it's going to be since 3 and Reach were, but I just wanted it to be confirmed cause you never know, things change for whatever reason sometimes.

Joker0fLife
09-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes it will be

a7x4lyf3
09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes it will beDo you know what the other 3 players are going to be playing as? Are they going to be Spartan 4's or something like that?

LickableLemons7
09-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm guessing that additional players would play as a non-rogue Elite, a Marine, or maybe even a Forerunner. Who knows. We won't be hearing it from 343i until November 6th when most of the world will get their hands on a copy. 343i won't spoil the campaign like that before the official release date.

RBmaster9345
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Id be willing to guess its random Spartan 4's just like the elites from H3

MixMaker1
09-02-2012, 12:16 AM
They've confirmed it to be multiple Master Chiefs ala Halo 1/2 for "canon" purposes.

LickableLemons7
09-02-2012, 12:42 AM
They've confirmed it to be multiple Master Chiefs ala Halo 1/2 for "canon" purposes.

Source?

This'll bring back some memories with friends, just like Anniversary did.

fastNcurious
09-02-2012, 03:34 AM

Huh? What? I never played H1/2 so I have no clue. You mean each of the 4 will play as Master Chiefs? That's...weird. I hope they at least will be different colors.

Joker0fLife
09-02-2012, 05:24 AM
I would of at least thought the guests would play as Spartan IV's. I mean in Halo 1-2, they had a reason for everyone being the Master Chief because it wasn't known if there were other spartans left. Then In 3 you played as the Elites because you were in a coup with them. Unless there's more than 1 Spartan II out there and they're giving away a spoiler, it kinda doesn't make any sense.

MixMaker1
09-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Source?

This'll bring back some memories with friends, just like Anniversary did.
Around the 4 minute mark: E3 2012: Halo 4 The Kingz Talk with Halo Royalty KiKi Wolfkill - YouTube

a7x4lyf3
09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Around the 4 minute mark: E3 2012: Halo 4 The Kingz Talk with Halo Royalty KiKi Wolfkill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAym9OmE7TY)She didn't really confirm his question there, he asked if there would be 4 chiefs, she said it's all about chiefs story, maybe she just didn't want too spoil it quite yet, plus in a different video I saw some Spartan IV's standing behind chief and they were preparing to exit a ship, I really hope it's not 4 chiefs, it won't bother me too much but that kinda thing just isn't accepted anymore.

MixMaker1
09-02-2012, 04:23 PM
She didn't really confirm his question there, he asked if there would be 4 chiefs, she said it's all about chiefs story, maybe she just didn't want too spoil it quite yet, plus in a different video I saw some Spartan IV's standing behind chief and they were preparing to exit a ship, I really hope it's not 4 chiefs, it won't bother me too much but that kinda thing just isn't accepted anymore.
Frank also went on Neogaf and confirmed it would be 4 Master Chiefs in 4-player co-op.

CHIRUNO99
09-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't see why they'd change it now considering since 3 it's been 4-player, unless they had a reason for it.

MixMaker1
09-02-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't see why they'd change it now considering since 3 it's been 4-player, unless they had a reason for it.
It IS 4-player co-op. There will be no different characters for P2, P3 or P4 - e everyone will be the Master Chief.

Annihil88torr
09-07-2012, 03:36 AM
I'm pretty sure all Halo games have had 4 player co-op.

Hitman H94
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I would of at least thought the guests would play as Spartan IV's. I mean in Halo 1-2, they had a reason for everyone being the Master Chief because it wasn't known if there were other spartans left. Then In 3 you played as the Elites because you were in a coup with them. Unless there's more than 1 Spartan II out there and they're giving away a spoiler, it kinda doesn't make any sense.
Yeah but Chief at the beginning is alone, so to have SIV's with him makes no sense, maybe after he joins those at the Infinity ship then it wuld make sense to be a SIV.

The Elite Elite
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure all Halo games have had 4 player co-op.

Someone hasn't played Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo Wars, or Halo Anniversary. All those have only 2 player co-op.

not sure of halo but black ops two will have an 8-player co-op

Um, what's this got to do with Halo 4?

niko da bos
09-07-2012, 04:35 PM

lol i forgot they did that in halo2? i remember on anniversary it was a little odd, especially on 'pillar of autumn' when two chiefs climb out of the 'hushed casket.' maybe its just because i havent played H2 campaign in ages, i actually dont think ive played it since H3 release:(

4player co-op campaign was always so much fun, i hope it makes a return.

lifeexpectancy
09-07-2012, 06:11 PM
If you're worried about having multiple master chiefs in CO-OP for "Canon" reasons, then I think you need to take a step back. To me playing co-op is something separate from the core "story" of the campaign. The campaign is designed around a lone Master Chief. In Halo 2 they had the luxury of the Arbiter as a 2-player partner for the chief, so it fit into the story. But when you get into the realm of a 4-player co-op, you're stepping outside of the bounds of the story for purposes of playability. Unlike Reach, Halo 4 is focused on a single Spartan, not a squad of them. So, it makes no difference if players 2-4 are Chiefs, Spartan IVs, or glowing bubbles with guns. You just need a character model so your co-op buddies can see where you're physically at in the game.

I assume they're making players 2-4 Chiefs instead of generic spartans so that the players can still experience the story of the game as seen/experienced through the Chief's eyes and relate to it on the same level they would in single player, thus negating the need to play through it alone unless you WANT to for achievement-hunting purposes. Having 4 chiefs isn't weird at all. It's co-op and the story doesn't involve a squad to begin with (again I'm only assuming since we don't KNOW the story, but it is the Chief after all), so having a squad of 4 is already "breaking canon", making player-model choice irrelevant.

Oh, and by no means an I saying I want the co-op players to be glowing bubbles with guns. That was just an exaggeration to illustrate a point lol.

ZingZitang
09-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm fairly certain In the New Halo 4 Vidoc: A Hero Awakens Part 1, it is mentioned that the other Three Players will be Spartan IV's.

As for the beginning of the campaign on the Forward Unto Dawn, it was mentioned that the Chief(Player 1/host) will wake up in the main Cryotube in the main Area, while the Other 3 players will wake up in "Lesser" Cryotubes, but no specific mention of what Characters the other three will play as for the first mission.

a7x4lyf3
09-08-2012, 01:52 AM
. In Halo 2 they had the luxury of the Arbiter as a 2-player partner
I assume you mean Halo 3, because in Halo 2 2nd player was Chief when you played the Chief missions, and The Arbiter when you played The Arbiter missions, Chief and Arbiter were never together until they were being held by Gravemind, and the very last cutscene of the game.

Edit: I made a mistake there, they weren't together at the end, That was Arbiter and Johnson.

lifeexpectancy
09-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Lol yeah didn't even see I typed a 2 there. Using my phone all weekend while out of town, not conducive to posting.