PDA

View Full Version : Grifball is now a official game mode

andy888101
09-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Grifball now has it own mode where you can throw the ball http://youtu.be/NR3VuvY_aTs

RBmaster9345
09-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Holy god yes

LickableLemons7
09-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I know I'll be playing this more than Team Slayer.

You know how there are stupid Quidditch leagues that are running amok around the world(based off of Harry Potter)? I wonder if people will actually be playing Grifball in real life in the next few decades. It would be a hell of a sport to play. We may have to tweak the rules from its original iteration.

CHIRUNO99
09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Grifball is the best game mode ever.

Only because I was MVP in a match which was given to me for killing everybody in the game, including team mates, and still planting the bomb.

Kaiyo
09-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Gives me the most multikills period.

fastNcurious
09-02-2012, 08:21 PM
This game mode wrecks my kdr. Yet, I still play it.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-02-2012, 08:27 PM
I want more custom game modes to be implemented into matchmaking, like fucking Speed Halo!!! :uzi:

AMATHUS21
09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Awesome and it shows how passing the ball will work

maxxd10123
09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Its great that its in H4 Matchmaking but you can throw the bomb across the court? That completely changes the game!

theNomad
09-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Its never been my favoirte mode, but it's a nice change from ts/bts or ff. Its one thing I hope for Halo 4 that they incorporate a system we get to sample some the custom forged gametypes like speed or tetris without having to join some obscure usually 'US gameplay times' group.

Der Fuhrer
09-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Never was any better than on Foundry in Halo 3, those Double XP weekends playing it were good times. I only played Grifball on Halo Reach in order to complete some of the daily challenges, but it just never seemed as good to me as back in the good old days on H3. I did think it was really dumb how they designed the crypt on Sandbox specifically for Grifball, and then never changed it into the playlist, completely pointless.

yourbreakfast99
09-03-2012, 04:41 PM
F!@# YES!!! Also they named an achievement after Rossterteeth, it's the one called RvB something

Vectorman953
09-03-2012, 06:42 PM
It would be nice to see some arena-style rank and 'season' tracking for a Grifball playlist.

Also (although it old NEVER happen) an implementation of pseudo-clans for teams for the sport, so you could see how you rank against other teams and it would make leagues a lot easier and more fluid. Plus all of the after-game bitching of "I was in a team full of randos you tryhard" cease to exist.

Ty-Rex
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
It would be nice to see some arena-style rank and 'season' tracking for a Grifball playlist.

Also (although it old NEVER happen) an implementation of pseudo-clans for teams for the sport, so you could see how you rank against other teams and it would make leagues a lot easier and more fluid. Plus all of the after-game bitching of "I was in a team full of randos you tryhard" cease to exist.
Aw man, they could have a Grifball World Series kinda thing. You could make your own team name. I would make a sweet double entendre team name like The C.O. Jones.

Edz The Pro
09-04-2012, 12:27 PM
-_-

:spam1

niko da bos
09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Never was any better than on Foundry in Halo 3, those Double XP weekends playing it were good times. I only played Grifball on Halo Reach in order to complete some of the daily challenges, but it just never seemed as good to me as back in the good old days on H3. I did think it was really dumb how they designed the crypt on Sandbox specifically for Grifball, and then never changed it into the playlist, completely pointless.

i agree, reach in a way kind of ruined grifball for me. not only because of the added armor abilities in the game, but because the community in general seemed to just abbuse it. a lot also probably has to do with reach making it a regular gametype, on double XP weekends it was always a blast. halo reach grifball didnt feel the same to me at all.

actually grifball did have a league, i have a buddy who was a blocker for a really good team back in the day. i still have the league maps and game variants on H3 - GBSL09 (Grifball spring league09, most recent).

i suppose they could do that "Season" thing reach had for arena, but i personally did not like the whole ranking system for reach.

RottenApp1eCore
10-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I was so happy when I saw this news.

Hitman H94
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I am pretty glad, I loved Grifbal in halo and I think I played it way too much in Reach. Nice to see you can throw the ball around too, will definitely make things interesting.

Vectorman953
10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
actually grifball did have a league, i have a buddy who was a blocker for a really good team back in the day. i still have the league maps and game variants on H3 - GBSL09 (Grifball spring league09, most recent).

Yeah, I know about the leagues like that, I meant one that was way more accessable and actually "in-game." Bring back the clan functionality for teams (or... just bring it back)

Au Asterix
10-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Has to be one of the worst game types. All of the game types favour americans (by giving them host and lagging out the rest of us…) but this is the worst because there is no skill involved and its all about the gravity hammer swing

HighsounD
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Has to be one of the worst game types. All of the game types favour americans (by giving them host and lagging out the rest of us…) but this is the worst because there is no skill involved and its all about the gravity hammer swing

Sounds like someone got beaten pretty hard by a good Grifball team and is upset about it.

From my experience Americans rarely get host in Halo, it's mostly people from Japan, France, Mexico etc that gets host.

I gotta say though, as a top Grifballer in both H3 and Reach this does not look as fun.

BiggD
10-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Grifball.

The best gametype when winning.

The worst gametype when losing.

You can throw the ball to your teammates. My prays have been answered.

Hailmary's all the time now, none of that lucky/strategic jump down the middle over everyone's head.

theNomad
10-14-2012, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=The BiggD;5326610]You can throw the ball to your teammates. My prays have been answered.QUOTE]

I had heard it mentioned you can do it now, I wonder if that can be done in other modes in 4 now like neutral bomb and oddball. It'll make for some amazing captures if you are able to hurl a skull or bomb to a team mate or forward like throwing a grenade, when you get crowded by opposition. Damn 2 mongooses passengers hurling the bombs back and forward would be wild.

Its going to make Grifball different, no longer most the team chasing down the bomb carrier, you'll have to zonal defend much more for fear of letting them through with a quick pass'n'catch score.

BiggD
10-14-2012, 02:29 AM
You can throw the ball to your teammates. My prays have been answered.QUOTE]

I had heard it mentioned you can do it now, I wonder if that can be done in other modes in 4 now like neutral bomb and oddball. It'll make for some amazing captures if you are able to hurl a skull or bomb to a team mate or forward like throwing a grenade, when you get crowded by opposition. Damn 2 mongooses passengers hurling the bombs back and forward would be wild.

Its going to make Grifball different, no longer most the team chasing down the bomb carrier, you'll have to zonal defend much more for fear of letting them through with a quick pass'n'catch score.

As much as I don't want to come off as immature, I think your post gave me an orgasm.

Throwing the Oddball would be the most brilliant mechanic ever.

As for Grifball, I agree with what you mentioned. This adds a whole new dynamic to the gametype and will make it much more challenging, yet more enjoyable to many gamers.

BiggD
10-14-2012, 10:33 PM
I wonder if that [throwing the oddball] can be done in other modes in [Halo] 4 now like neutral bomb and oddball. It'll make for some amazing captures...

Dude, there's a new thread on the first page, 'Designing Infinity Multiplayer.'

I just watched the 13 minute video within, and they confirmed that you can throw the Oddball as well. :)

snyper117
10-28-2012, 10:29 AM
finally get to play grif ball i could never find a group of people to play it

cant wait to try it 9 more days

Coxy x360a
10-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I just hope they add more zombie games with a lot of players and my two very game modes will be on tap!

BustaMo
10-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Really hope Grifball goes back to the Halo 3 Foundry days myself. Keep it simple and sweet and how it was originally.

Not sure how this whole passing thing is gonna work out. See it's like that for the Oddball game-type as well.

Darkshot87
10-28-2012, 03:57 PM
"let's see how long we can play keep away before we run the clock and win" is what people will say now. when people master passing it will become who can toy with the other team longer and keep the ball in the air. passing should not have been put in. its bad enough the way it is now with it being who can farm the most kills while holding the ball at the other end. that aside i do (or did) enjoy coming in from time to time and playing a few matches.

Beechy1989
10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Yay Grifball! Time to gather up the old Halo3 Grifball friends and get our game on!:drunk

Robobeast76
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
As long as it keeps Grifball out of all other playlists then I am all for it. In H3 it was far too connection based - but then so was the whole game. Enjoy it guys - I'll stay with Rumble Pit