PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Ops question

ExRev
09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Alright, so I'm on the fence as to whether or not I buy this day one, and this is the question that might make or break the decision.

The Spartan Ops mode, I know and keep hearing at work about how it's weekly episodic content. The question is, if I buy the game later, say week 3 or so, will I miss out on weeks 1 and 2? Or will it still be there for me. I'm trying to find answers and am coming up with nothing.

LickableLemons7
09-03-2012, 12:08 AM
You can go back and replay any chapter as many times as you like.

fax5jrj
09-03-2012, 12:15 AM
It's DLC, you can download it whenever. They know not everyone will buy it day one, so you can download Spartan Ops whenever.

LickableLemons7
09-03-2012, 01:25 AM
There will be 10 weeks of Spartan Ops once the game has launched, with one episode being released each week. One season equals ten episodes. One episode has five chapters. So after the 10 episodes have been released, 343i will choose if they want to continue a second season of Spartan Ops as DLC, and they probably will.

I'm not sure, but I think the first episode comes on disc. The rest, you have to connect to Live and download.

TweakX
09-03-2012, 01:44 AM
There will be 10 weeks of Spartan Ops once the game has launched, with one episode being released each week. One season equals ten episodes. One episode has five chapters. So after the 10 episodes have been released, 343i will choose if they want to continue a second season of Spartan Ops as DLC, and they probably will.

I'm not sure, but I think the first episode comes on disc. The rest, you have to connect to Live and download.

They haven't said if its on disc but the first episode will be out Nov. 6th with the game so even if its not on disc it will be there. I hope they use Spartan Ops to bridge the games together

fastNcurious
09-03-2012, 05:12 PM
I feel really bad for people who don't have Live to download the episodes. But then again, it's a great way for Microsoft to push people into getting on Live.

Vectorman953
09-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm kind of skeptical that there's going to be a new episode being published each week, given how strange and lazy the DLC certification team is. Perhaps since Halo is owned by Microsoft they can just ignore the horrendous fees MS charges per DLC/patch (think Fez)

Has any other game had weekly DLC before?

Ty-Rex
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Has any other game had weekly DLC before?
Rock Band has had weekly DLC for at least 50 years now.

Vectorman953
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Rock Band has had weekly DLC for at least 50 years now.

Very true, and I do apologize, but I meant something a little bit more content intensive, since the spartan ops is going to have cutscenes and voice acting that are (?) not on disc.
I feel like that's much harder to implement than the note placement/whatever, since it's just game going "okay, I'll take the data and put these notes here then"

Ty-Rex
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Very true, and I do apologize, but I meant something a little bit more content intensive, since the spartan ops is going to have cutscenes and voice acting that are (?) not on disc.
I feel like that's much harder to implement than the note placement/whatever, since it's just game going "okay, I'll take the data and put these notes here then"
I get where you're coming from. I'm sure the Spartan Ops missions will be more complex than a Rock Band song, but I would be incredibly surprised if they are anything more than reused assets from the campaign and multiplayer with different goals to complete on them.

Only time will tell, though.