View Full Version : Here's a riddle for all you tech McGuyvers out there

09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Alrighty, here in lies my problem.

I have my 360 in my office right now, so I can play it while the wife watches TV and such. The only problem is I don't have a TV in there. So I'm trying to get it so I can play my 360 and use my LCD flatpanel monitor. I also have a Pinnacle USB TV tuner box, which basically transforms a USB cable in to a coaxial cable. Big success, but no.

The 360 does not come with an RF switch like our older consoles did, so I have it running through my RF switch to convert the component to a coaxial signal. Lower resolution, but it will hold me until I can get a TV in here. So it works, hooray.

Only problem is there's about a 1/2 second delay in my controller to the screen, due to all the signal converting. No biggy when I'm playing spades, but action games, I can't hit shit.

Herein lies the question. Through the network port on the 360, the 360 can access your computer and play its music and movies and such. Is there anyway to go backwards, say using a crossover cable or the like, using a USB link cable, or something to access the 360 from my computer, and be able to play it through my monitor without all the crappy delays?

AOS Puck
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Simple answer, no. You are better off just going and grabbing a VGA adapter so you can use your monitor directly.

09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
A quick search netted this http://www.nextag.com/VGA-HD-AV-Cable-87647894/prices-html?nxtg=129060a1c0532-8938791D89EFED88 I have never used this company before and I know nothing of thier reputation so as always, buyer beware.

Eh Circuit City is selling them so I guess it must be decent. Only $40 too.

09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
A VGA adapter would definitely help things along, I'll maybe try that out

09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
sorry about this but puck would be right.

also there is a forum that is specifically for this stuff check it out.


mods move to tech forum please

Im a Manatee
09-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Since you're a cag, I'll tell you there is a thread about the adaptec gamebridge from FRY's that is about 10 bucks that doesn't exactly what Puck said was wrong. Amazon for a little more, but you get the point. Search for adaptec in the video game deals forum.