PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Script "Leak".

ZingZitang
09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Wanted to bring this up as a warning to all.

Evidently a small portion of the Script for the Final Mission of Halo 4 has been "Leaked" through the New Halo 4 Vidoc: A Hero Awakens. Its all over the Interwebs.

Its been posted on the news here if you're crazy and want to check it out. But I recommend Avoiding the Article and the comments section. As all the Massive Spoilers are put in Convenient Bullet Points for all to see. Fortunately I hit the back button before I could read anything.

The Hero Awakens Vidoc is Amazing and I recommend watching it. The Page from the Script evidently shows up in the background for a brief moment in the Vidoc, so you wont spoil it for yourself by watching the Video. I've read that if you've been following all the books then the Spoilers are less Massive.

However I am curious as to why its even in the Video. Was it accidental or intentional? What do you think?

I would bet money 343 did this intentionally. Just to get people talking and trying to understand(and misinterpret) the out of context information. Its a pretty risky maneuver though.

All I hope(if it somehow was not intentional) is they don't pull a Bioware and try to re-write the ending in 2 months and screw everything up. Although I doubt they can top how terrible the re-written Mass Effect 3 ending is.

MixMaker1
09-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I think it's obviously intentional - as an editor, videos need approval and are examined before pushed out for localization.

ZingZitang
09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree its probably intentional. Especially with Halo being Microsoft's Baby as it were.

So far there hasn't been much of an Uproar like there was when Mass Effect 3's original ending was leaked, so maybe that can be taken as a hint as to whatever was revealed is awesome.

The Elite Elite
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I have looked at the "leak" and will say that, as someone who has read all the books so far, nothing in that list is really terribly spoilerific IMO. A few items in there are things we wouldn't otherwise know, but none of it seems to reveal much in terms of the story to me. I will agree that this was likely intentional. A good way of getting people to talk about the campaign even more. Heck, it's quite possible that those are old ideas that were given early on that have since been scrapped or evolved completely since then. Who knows? Guess we will all find out in two months.

MixMaker1
09-05-2012, 03:18 AM
I have looked at the "leak" and will say that, as someone who has read all the books so far, nothing in that list is really terribly spoilerific IMO. A few items in there are things we wouldn't otherwise know, but none of it seems to reveal much in terms of the story to me. I will agree that this was likely intentional. A good way of getting people to talk about the campaign even more. Heck, it's quite possible that those are old ideas that were given early on that have since been scrapped or evolved completely since then. Who knows? Guess we will all find out in two months.
The marketing is contradicting - to an extent - what we learn in the books (specifically the Forerunner saga).

That being said, there may be a HUGE twist in Halo 4. I won't suggest it to not spoil people - but man it's shaping up to be exciting as hell.

ZingZitang
09-05-2012, 09:24 PM

So are you brave, couldn't resist the temptation, or really just didn't care? Lawl.

I intended to keep my eyes as far away from it as possible regardless if other people said if you follow the books there weren't really a lot of spoilers.

I think the fact that we haven't heard a word from 343 - especially Frankie - is all the proof we need that it was intentional. It is possible its an old version of the script, but evidently in the Vidoc, Jen Taylor is seen recording one of the lines from the Script.

Regardless, 343 obviously isn't worried about it.

A Grenade
09-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I think it was intentional, there are parts in the ViDoc where you can see the screens of monitors way off in the background and its just a spartan staring at the sky so we can't see what the map/level is. Besides, when filming a script from that close up it is kind of obvious that it could include spoilers. I don't think 343 would let that fly. I know that Bungie put hints in their ViDocs and I'm positive that is what 343 is doing.

I agree with The Elite Elite, that article didn't really have anything major in it, nothing someone who has read the books or seen the first "an ancient evil awakens" ads couldn't already figure out on their own.

The Elite Elite
09-07-2012, 12:39 AM
So are you brave, couldn't resist the temptation, or really just didn't care? Lawl.

Couldn't resist. I'm so very excited for Halo 4, :Bounce: I just want all the info I can find on it.

ZingZitang
09-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Couldn't resist. I'm so very excited for Halo 4, :Bounce: I just want all the info I can find on it.Completely understandable, and . . .
I agree with The Elite Elite, that article didn't really have anything major in it, nothing someone who has read the books or seen the first "an ancient evil awakens" ads couldn't already figure out on their own.
I may just have to take a look.