PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Next Castlevania Exlusive to the 360?

The Pants Party
09-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Konami is set to bring the next console version of Castlevania exclusively to the Xbox 360, if recent comments from series creator, Koji Igarashi, are anything to go by.

Igarashi told a recent interviewer that he was working on a new Nintendo DS version in the series, though not giving more details, but instead revealing that "I am thinking of moving to the home consoles for the future. I will continue to use 2D for the DS version, but I'm still trying to figure out which console to do the home console versions. "

“I think the Xbox 360 would be the best platform for the U.S. market… The U.S. market is the biggest market for the Castlevania series, so I will give the first priority to the U.S. market. The platform will be the Xbox 360, since the PS3 isn't doing well everywhere in the world", he tantalisingly added.

Thanks to [Spong (http://news.spong.com/article/13709?cb=131)]

urAssass1n
09-11-2007, 08:43 PM
“I think the Xbox 360 would be the best platform for the U.S. market… The U.S. market is the biggest market for the Castlevania series, so I will give the first priority to the U.S. market. The platform will be the Xbox 360, since the PS3 isn't doing well everywhere in the world", he tantalisingly added.

Thanks to [Spong (http://news.spong.com/article/13709?cb=131)]

not doing well everywhere???? its not doing well anywhere!!!!!

willcrazyiii
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Good. I heard many Japanese developers were switching to the Nintendo Wii, but Castlevania just would not work on the Wii. Glad to see if we get it exclusively!

Tiamat66
09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I love how the PS3 keeps getting shit on, it deserves it. I really hope they make this new Castlevania in first-person, we are way beyond side scrolling these days. I think it would be cool to finally fight through Dracula's castle in 3-D for the first time ever...

Slormer
09-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I think it would be cool to finally fight through Dracula's castle in 3-D for the first time ever...

Not the first time.
http://www.gamecritics.com/review/castlevania64/screen01.jpg
N64 Castlevania! Oh, hell yeah.

SegaSaturnSNK
09-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I really hope they make this new Castlevania in first-person, we are way beyond side scrolling these days. I think it would be cool to finally fight through Dracula's castle in 3-D for the first time ever...

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Castlevania isn't about first person and I think a lot of people enjoy side scrolling and Castlevania is all about side scrolling to begin with. And they have made 3D Castlevania's for the N64 and for the PS2. You sure are clueless when it comes to Castlevania.

Hoping for a 2D CV. 3D versions really don't work well and you forgot to mention this too Pants:

"He tells GI that "I think the Xbox 360 would be the best platform for the U.S. market" citing the series' lopsided success stateside. Igarashi does, however, give PLAYSTATION 3 owners some hope, saying "As you know, Konami will release Metal Gear for the PS3, so Metal Gear might expand the PS3 market. In that case, we may release Castlevania for the PS3."

---- Kotaku

They'll eventually release a PS3 CV game. It'll do good in Japan and some parts of the US and etc. A new DS game will be coming out as well. I regret getting rid of my DS now.

Tiamat66
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Castlevania isn't about first person and I think a lot of people enjoy side scrolling and Castlevania is all about side scrolling to begin with. And they have made 3D Castlevania's for the N64 and for the PS2. You sure are clueless when it comes to Castlevania.

Hoping for a 2D CV. 3D versions really don't work well and you forgot to mention this too Pants:

"He tells GI that "I think the Xbox 360 would be the best platform for the U.S. market" citing the series' lopsided success stateside. Igarashi does, however, give PLAYSTATION 3 owners some hope, saying "As you know, Konami will release Metal Gear for the PS3, so Metal Gear might expand the PS3 market. In that case, we may release Castlevania for the PS3."

---- Kotaku

They'll eventually release a PS3 CV game. It'll do good in Japan and some parts of the US and etc. A new DS game will be coming out as well. I regret getting rid of my DS now.

Other then Symphony, the rest were boring. Side-scrolling was fine in the eighties and early ninties, but it doesn't work anymore. Fighting monsters in a 3-D castle is alot more interesting then the ever weary platform-to-platform jumping.

As for it being the 'dumbest thing you've heard in awhile' I'll take it as a compliment, coming from someone who molests puppies.

narcolepticshee
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Definatly keep it 2D. Would be so much better in 2D than 3D - take sonic for example! Briliant in 2d, shite in 3d.

Bring on the side scrolling

Peace

Honkymagoo
09-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Good. I heard many Japanese developers were switching to the Nintendo Wii, but Castlevania just would not work on the Wii. Glad to see if we get it exclusively!

One of the main weapons is a whip, how would that not work well on the Wii?

SegaSaturnSNK
09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Other then Symphony, the rest were boring. Side-scrolling was fine in the eighties and early ninties, but it doesn't work anymore. Fighting monsters in a 3-D castle is alot more interesting then the ever weary platform-to-platform jumping.

As for it being the 'dumbest thing you've heard in awhile' I'll take it as a compliment, coming from someone who molests puppies.

Kids like you make me giggle, even more your stupidity. As I can see, you're not a CV fan so your ignorance is strong within the force my young one.

dches331
09-12-2007, 11:30 PM
That's cool, but im not a big fan of this game, but as long as its not for the ps3

Mr Hey
09-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Cant wait!!!!!!!

Tiamat66
09-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Kids like you make me giggle, even more your stupidity. As I can see, you're not a CV fan so your ignorance is strong within the force my young one.

I've been playing Castlevania's since the original came out on the NES. I've bought or played almost every one that has come out since then. Having played all those games, I'm looking for something different, rather then the same old thing. If games don't evolve, then why bother playing them 20 years down the line if they are the same old thing? Thats how long Castlevania's been out, excuse me for expecting something new. Would you like to still be playing Grand Theft Auto or Madden in overhead mode?

Ignorance? Stupidity? This coming from a loser fanboy that uses Star Wars quotes. Try not to get a hard-on when you click on the new 'pets' thread.

SegaSaturnSNK
09-13-2007, 03:27 AM
I've been playing Castlevania's since the original came out on the NES. I've bought or played almost every one that has come out since then. Having played all those games, I'm looking for something different, rather then the same old thing. If games don't evolve, then why bother playing them 20 years down the line if they are the same old thing? Thats how long Castlevania's been out, excuse me for expecting something new. Would you like to still be playing Grand Theft Auto or Madden in overhead mode?

Mind you, that's your job and for someone who says CV should turn into a FPS and who "says" he has been playing since the NES days just sounds like BS. I doubt anyone who has cheerish CV games for the last whatever years would come out of nowhere and ask for the series to turn into a FPS. I just find that stupid. YA IMMA WHIP THAT FOOL IN FPS MODE WITH MY WHIP SON! CV will always be the same and it will not change. It has kept its traditions forever so why break something so special and for what CV has always been known for? It can work for a Wii game (controls) but not for other consoles. I rather see CV continue its tradition, don't want anything to be ruined. CV always was known for its fun side scrolling, mind you, I don't want that to be broken.

Ignorance? Stupidity? This coming from a loser fanboy that uses Star Wars quotes. Try not to get a hard-on when you click on the new 'pets' thread.

Seriously dude, your very unfunny. First puppets and now this? Lol, you got to come up with something better than that. You're worse as that guy that made fun of my Blanka Profile Pic saying about I like hairy monkies and what not. I'm done with your dumbass.

Tiamat66
09-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Mind you, that's your job and for someone who says CV should turn into a FPS and who "says" he has been playing since the NES days just sounds like BS. I doubt anyone who has cheerish CV games for the last whatever years would come out of nowhere and ask for the series to turn into a FPS. I just find that stupid. YA IMMA WHIP THAT FOOL IN FPS MODE WITH MY WHIP SON! CV will always be the same and it will not change. It has kept its traditions forever so why break something so special and for what CV has always been known for? It can work for a Wii game (controls) but not for other consoles. I rather see CV continue its tradition, don't want anything to be ruined. CV always was known for its fun side scrolling, mind you, I don't want that to be broken.

Seriously dude, your very unfunny. First puppets and now this? Lol, you got to come up with something better than that. You're worse as that guy that made fun of my Blanka Profile Pic saying about I like hairy monkies and what not. I'm done with your dumbass.

Traditions are made to be broken. I like the Castlevania franchise, but if it's going to be the same old thing, then why bother buying a new one? Keep it a side scroller, and it's a game with very little story change. The protagonist changes, but the creatures and the bad guy stay the same, it's no different then a movie remake, just a rehash. Boring.

How exactly do you molest 'puppets'? And what the hell are 'monkies'? You're done with me? I wouldn't even be writing this is you hadn't run your mouth. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. Not everyone has the same opinion. But don't fucking insult me because you don't like what I say, unless it's personally directed at you.

Your comebacks are lame, completely off topic, and most of what you say doesn't make any sense. While you made several good points, even if I don't agree with them, your insistance on making it personal ruined a rather valid debate. Think about what you're writing before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button, and you won't have this issue in the future. Ass.

SegaSaturnSNK
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Traditions are made to be broken. I like the Castlevania franchise, but if it's going to be the same old thing, then why bother buying a new one? Keep it a side scroller, and it's a game with very little story change. The protagonist changes, but the creatures and the bad guy stay the same, it's no different then a movie remake, just a rehash. Boring.

How exactly do you molest 'puppets'? And what the hell are 'monkies'? You're done with me? I wouldn't even be writing this is you hadn't run your mouth. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. Not everyone has the same opinion. But don't fucking insult me because you don't like what I say, unless it's personally directed at you.

Your comebacks are lame, completely off topic, and most of what you say doesn't make any sense. While you made several good points, even if I don't agree with them, your insistance on making it personal ruined a rather valid debate. Think about what you're writing before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button, and you won't have this issue in the future. Ass.

You just aren't a hardcore CV fan then if you say all that. I don't hear anyone going around OH YEAH STREET FIGHTER, MAKE IT A BEAT EM UP BUT IN 3D and that won't work. Keep it the way it is, simple as that. We all know the 3D CV don't work at all. Not a fan of the N64 versions nor the PS2 versions. To me, those were boring as hell but the 2D side scrolling are fun to me especially with the RPG elements. Without the RPG elements, I still love it. They're use to making 2D CV's and that's what they do best imo.

I didn't even run my mouth. I just said it was just a dumb thing you just said knowing we have enough FPS on the 360 and a CV FPS will not work. You got all pissy about it and then brought up about the whole I like to rape puppets and all that which was just immature and stupid. And I do make sense as if anyone reads my posts, 90 percent of them will get it. I guess reading isn't your thing :(. Either way, the debate was good while it lasted because I'm going to drop it and I expect a hug from you :). Even though we came out immature and way over the top thanks to you :). I'm going to go paint myself green and go molest some puppets, good day ma'am.

P.S.

I love you :).

Seriously, I'll say I went all anal on you. Don't mind me, I love 2D CV and hearing someone want it to be a FPS game was a punch in the balls. Just my opinion man. Didn't come here to start shit, I was just speaking my mind. Nothing against you man, thanks for the entertainment.

narcolepticshee
09-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Seriously just leave it.

Tiamat666 wants a new style castlevania
SegasaturnSNK wants an old style castelvania

What the hell is the arguement about?

Tiamat66
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
You just aren't a hardcore CV fan then if you say all that. I don't hear anyone going around OH YEAH STREET FIGHTER, MAKE IT A BEAT EM UP BUT IN 3D and that won't work. Keep it the way it is, simple as that. We all know the 3D CV don't work at all. Not a fan of the N64 versions nor the PS2 versions. To me, those were boring as hell but the 2D side scrolling are fun to me especially with the RPG elements. Without the RPG elements, I still love it. They're use to making 2D CV's and that's what they do best imo.

I didn't even run my mouth. I just said it was just a dumb thing you just said knowing we have enough FPS on the 360 and a CV FPS will not work. You got all pissy about it and then brought up about the whole I like to rape puppets and all that which was just immature and stupid. And I do make sense as if anyone reads my posts, 90 percent of them will get it. I guess reading isn't your thing :(. Either way, the debate was good while it lasted because I'm going to drop it and I expect a hug from you :). Even though we came out immature and way over the top thanks to you :). I'm going to go paint myself green and go molest some puppets, good day ma'am.

P.S.

I love you :).

Seriously, I'll say I went all anal on you. Don't mind me, I love 2D CV and hearing someone want it to be a FPS game was a punch in the balls. Just my opinion man. Didn't come here to start shit, I was just speaking my mind. Nothing against you man, thanks for the entertainment.

You're right, I've played the others before but I'm not the huge fan of it I was in the eighties. Realistically, I know there is no way in hell they will ever make Castlevania into a first-person game, but thats just me.

I think we've ended this quite peacefuly actually, considering it could have been locked by a mod, and then we would have been screwed. Glad they didn't, it wouldn't have been near as funny...

MrHarribalsonya
09-14-2007, 07:20 AM
That would be really great to see. Probably why they released SOTN on XBLA. With 308,000+ people buying it. Hopefully they feel they have enough of a market to make it exclusive to 360. I really hope so anyways.