PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sensing 360 controller

narcolepticshee
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
At long last it’s time for Xbox 360™ owners to feel the benefits of tilt sensation, something of which PS3™ owners have been privileged to since its inception. Moreover, the Nintendo Wii™ is a prime example of just how instrumental interactive controllers can be in providing a highly enjoyable gaming experience. Talismoon is delighted to the release the second generation of its Tiltboard controller, featuring a high quality design which is guaranteed to be even more user friendly than the PS3’s SIXAXIS™ controller.

Talismoon’s Tiltboard sports a unique u-shaped board that puts the two Tiltboard control buttons within easy reach of gamers fingers, with one button conveniently located on either wide of the wireless controller battery pack. This gives gamers the ability to make on the fly tilt adjustments during a game without even stopping. This comes in particularly handy for instances in games when it is necessary to switch between both stick and tilt control.

The Tiltboard is an intelligent piece of kit and comes pre-loaded with TiltTune ™ technology which is the most user friendly firmware available for such a device. Gamers have the option to adjust the tilt sensitivity, adjust the 0 degree in order to hold the controller at the most comfortable angle, invert the Y axis and turn the tilt function on and off. Everything required to enjoy the latest sensation in console gaming on Xbox 360™ comes in a convenient package and requires only seven wires to solder.

Anyone bought this and successfully used it in any game?

Found at - www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/search

Im a Manatee
09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
This will never make it's way into a decent 360 game. Novel, yes. But useless.

Tussell
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, it's a good idea, but I can definately not see it doing much.

Gun-Nut
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
I've seen it on YouTube the video way back but does not look to good to me >< unless you really like games like Blazing Angels

TimmayTheTurtle
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, it's a good idea, but I can definately not see it doing much.

same here, 360s not the system for it.

Skillet
09-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Marble Blast 2...anyone?

Gr0infro
09-12-2007, 04:24 PM
It was a bad idea with the PS3, not a good idea for the 360 either.

narcolepticshee
09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
This would be AWESOME with marble blast!

Wonder if it would work well? Doubt it somewhat...

TimmayTheTurtle
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
This would be AWESOME with marble blast!

Wonder if it would work well? Doubt it somewhat...
yeah that would be cool

Cold Rival
09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah that would be cool

Great posting there again, Timmay. :rolleyes:

I've tried to use the motion sensor on the PS3 controller, and it isn't as reponsive as it should be. Until it get's more reliable, then it shouldn't be incorperated into the 360 controllers.

Another example of it not working perfectly is in the Guitar Hero 2 controller. Anyone rocking away shaking the shit outta the guitar trying to get it to register will understand how frustrating it is when it doesn't work. ;)

narcolepticshee
09-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Haha fair comment. I wonder if microsoft will release their own 'Six-axis' style controller? IF they think we need it.

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to incorporate a motion sensor into a controller? Not saying that I'm craving one, but it would stop PS3 fanboys having one up on us (if you consider having a motion sensing controller as good)

Peace

TimmayTheTurtle
09-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Haha fair comment. I wonder if microsoft will release their own 'Six-axis' style controller? IF they think we need it.

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to incorporate a motion sensor into a controller? Not saying that I'm craving one, but it would stop PS3 fanboys having one up on us (if you consider having a motion sensing controller as good)

Peace

wats the six axis controller?

Cold Rival
09-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Honestly, I don't think we do...

You're right in saying that it wouldn't be hard to make, but the 360 controller does everything we NEED.

Anyway, PS3 sucks. We've nothing to be jealous of! ;)

EDIT:

The Six Axis controller is the PS3 control pad. It's exactly the same as the Dual Shock, appart from the wireless and motion sensor inside it.

narcolepticshee
09-12-2007, 10:51 PM

It's the Playstation 3 motion sensing controller

narcolepticshee
09-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Honestly, I don't think we do...

You're right in saying that it wouldn't be hard to make, but the 360 controller does everything we NEED.

Anyway, PS3 sucks. We've nothing to be jealous of! ;)

Very true but it would be nice to have it there just in-case someone thinks of something awesome to do with it (unlikely).

JoeCool7835
09-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Nintendo got the motion sensing thing right with the Wii because the system was designed from the ground up with that in mind. Sony shoehorned motion sensing into the PS3 at the last second. Hell, most of the developers didn't know about that until the E3 before the system launched!

Microsoft should not add motion sensing just to have it. That's what Sony did, and it sucked.

narcolepticshee
09-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Nintendo got the motion sensing thing right with the Wii because the system was designed from the ground up with that in mind. Sony shoehorned motion sensing into the PS3 at the last second. Hell, most of the developers didn't know about that until the E3 before the system launched!

Microsoft should not add motion sensing just to have it. That's what Sony did, and it sucked.

Very good point. I didn't think of it like that. Guess it'll save £30 on buying a new controller anyway haha

Peace