PDA

View Full Version : Map Remake Confirmed

iBuzz7S
09-06-2012, 08:18 AM
UPDATE #2
It's Valhalla!

http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Universe/detail/halo-4-mantis-trailer/5c5bc6fb-7cb0-4552-be8e-d6f54ed5c417

UPDATE
It's an outdoor map, so you can cross off anything indoors.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5260470&postcount=17

Credit to Frozenghost001. =]

Original

http://speedcap.net/img/a61349ee9ad7e1bd41fc59c5631929a3/2feed364.png

I wonder if it will be for free or not?

Source: https://twitter.com/franklez/status/243143742050156544

Nozza XBA
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
By the way he capitalises "NOT", I'm guessing it's going to be one of the much bigger maps. So nothing medium/big size.

Only a few to choose from, but it's got to be from the Halo/2/3 series and not Reach I'm guessing...

B0seiju
09-06-2012, 09:29 AM
It could be forge world...

Otherwise please let it be sandtrap, I really miss that map.

LickableLemons7
09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
It couldn't be one of the four maps we already know about, right?

lifeexpectancy
09-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I hope it's headlong. That is seriously the ONLY map I want to play in Reach BTB these days. I would be happy with Hang Em High too. Those are the best two maps for me.

ModernSith2010
09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
http://speedcap.net/img/a61349ee9ad7e1bd41fc59c5631929a3/2feed364.png

I wonder if it will be for free or not?

Source: https://twitter.com/franklez/status/243143742050156544
From how that read's it sounds as if it is included with the game, as it does not mention DLC and says " Halo 4 Will Only Include One Map Remake" suggesting to me that it is at retail. If not the guy who wrote that should have worded it better.

Joker0fLife
09-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Coagulation, Sandtrap, Containment, Terminal, Relic, Headlong, or Zanzibar.

I will not settle for anything else.

Viper187
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Nobody mentions Blood Gultch/Hemorhage? I'd bet on that. They pretty much have to remake it for every Halo.

Der Fuhrer
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Blood Gulch is the most likely based on him saying "it will cause the least drama of any new thing". The most popular map of Halo 1 and Halo 2 would definitely not be something fans are going to be upset about.

Jet1337
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Zanzibar wasn't really a big map. I doubt it would be Blood Gulch because Exhile kinda looks like it in some ways.

MixMaker1
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
He already mentioned it wasn't Blood Gulch as well.

CMCX360
09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Containment. Please be Containment. Or Relic.

RBmaster9345
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Fingers crossed for Sandtrap.......I want those damn Elephants back.

niko da bos
09-06-2012, 03:28 PM
He already mentioned it wasn't Blood Gulch as well.

do they have some variation of that map though? you know how halo has been having that same sort of classic RvB map setup every installment (blood gulch, valhalla, hemmorage)? usually they look simular but the concept is the same.

Fingers crossed for Sandtrap.......I want those damn Elephants back.

for some reason i still get confused with sandBOX and sandTRAP, when i first saw people saying that in this thread i was like 'dafuk?' sandBOX is that one i cannot stand, its all super wide open, and half of the enemy team plays peek a boo on the top of that structure. also it has like 200+ variations and they almost all show up on BTB so i would have to play different versions of the same map.

sandtrap is so much fun BTB, i agree i would love the elephants back. after i put reach down and went back to Halo3 that was one of the first things that made me happy, "havent seen these in forever!!!" its a fun goofy game if you get most of your team holding down in a elephant vs elephant fight.

SilverSluggerMZ
09-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Blood Gultch or Zanzibar would be awesome. Blood Gultch is a long shot, I'm sure...

RBmaster9345
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
you get most of your team holding down in a elephant vs elephant fight.

That's what Ive wanted since Halo 3, forgeable Elephants, ever since my first pirate battle on that map lol

Frozenghost001
09-06-2012, 07:49 PM
new info - the map's an outdoors map, so cross out all the indoor maps you want remade!

I like how Exile is an outdoor kind of map. Are there other outdoor-like maps on the Halo 4 disc/future DLC? -F22 Raptor X1

Oh yes. In fact, our only remake map – still secret – is most definitely outdoors.

taken from yesterday's halo bulletin:
http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx

Nevander
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I bet it's either Coagulation, Zanzibar, or Burial Mounds. :p

Viper187
09-06-2012, 08:12 PM
new info - the map's an outdoors map, so cross out all the indoor maps you want remade!

taken from yesterday's halo bulletin:
http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx

bs_angel and her cronies can take their secrecy and stick it. As if the name of the fucking map is some huge secret that has to be kept under lock and key. Fuck them. There's entirely too much of this shit nowadays. It's Halo. Just release the goddamn thing and people will buy it.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Death Island pl0x??

Ty-Rex
09-06-2012, 08:52 PM
If it's Blood Gulch or Hemorrhage or whatever iteration I will be so disappointed. That map totally sucks and only gets by on nostalgia. The gameplay is incredibly boring and always results in long range fights with two people hiding behind a rock taking pot shots at one another for 15 minutes.

The only time that map was ever fun was on Halo 2 when people played that game where two teams shot brute shots across the map and then ran towards the center to fight.

There's entirely too much of this shit nowadays. It's Halo. Just release the goddamn thing and people will buy it.

Even though I think you're overreacting a bit, you do have a good point with 343 holding back information just for the hell of it. Bungie had a perfect balance of teasing things and giving you just enough information. I just don't feel that way with 343.

Joker0fLife
09-06-2012, 09:50 PM
The only time that map was ever fun was on Halo 2 when people played that game where two teams shot brute shots across the map and then ran towards the center to fight.

Oh TROY....that brings back so many memories. That, Hog Wars, Tremors, and Fight Club. The nostalgia is rushing over me so hard right now lol

Ty-Rex
09-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Hog Wars
Hog Wars was the best. It was the only game I could play when my friends who never played Xbox came to my house.

Well, that and just giving them like an 8 handicap and me not being able to use sword or sniper on Lockout. I wasn't good at Halo 2 or anything, they were just the worst.

Vectorman953
09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I vaugely remember containment, but I remember it being the go-to ridiculous map, especially when it was a party of 8+. There were a lot of tight spaces for such a giant map, and the abundence of drive-ables (especially Banshees) made it even worse (or totally, totally better)

That being said, I really hope it's Zanzibar. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the map is beautiful, supports all gametypes well, and even supports all playstyles well.
At the very, very least, there better be a way for a QUALITY remake to be made in forge.

The DLC-packs will probably have a remade map in each of them, as that seems the style. 2-new, 1-epic revisit.

and lastly;

Death Island pl0x??

nobody shun me, but I've never played any of the PC maps. (and I call myself a hardcore halo fan <scoff>)

MixMaker1
09-06-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm personally hoping for a remake of Rat's Nest as it would play well with the new abilities and vehicular combat!

Kaiyo
09-07-2012, 12:05 AM
The only indoor map i see is Waterworks since you fight in a huge cave with buildings in it.

The Bum-Mobile
09-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Only one remake? Man, I get that 343 wants to show off, but at least give us some solid maps we know we like. Blood Gulch, Zanzibar, Hang 'Em High. I can go on.

And goddamn do I miss Hog Wars on Halo 2. That, literally for hours into the morning with my buddies.

The Elite Elite
09-07-2012, 12:37 AM
A big outdoor map? I'd be happy with Death Island, Sidewinder/Avalanche, Containment, Relic, Sandtrap, or Valhalla. I'd add Headlong and Timberland but given that both of those were just remade for Reach, I don't see either of them being it.

CMCX360
09-07-2012, 01:58 AM
So an outdoor map eh? Well that certainly narrows it down.

Oh wait, no it doesn't.

Frozenghost001
09-07-2012, 02:36 AM
So an outdoor map eh? Well that certainly narrows it down.

Oh wait, no it doesn't.
well it does eliminate:

Chill Out (H1)
Chiron TL-34 (H1)
Damnation (H1)
Derelict (H1)
Gephyrophobia (H1)
Hang 'Em High (H1)
Longest (H1)
Prisoner (H1)
Rat Race (H1)
Wizard (H1)

Colossus (H2)
Elongation (H2)
Gemini (H2)
Ivory Tower (H2)
Midship (H2)
Waterworks (H2)
thats only the first 2 Halo games too! i mean take it there's not a lot of indoor maps in future Halo games but they probably remade a map from one of the first 2.

Joker0fLife
09-07-2012, 04:32 AM
If it's Valhalla, I'mma punch someone in the throat. Spawning seaside, you were always at a disadvantage.

I'm going to put my money on Sandtrap though, it's almost all outdoors besides the pillar base where you grab flag. Decent size, fits most if not all game-types, and was the only map with Elephants. It also was one of the few maps to use Brute Choppers.

Diamondxinferno1116
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
FINGERS CROSSED FOR WATERWORKS!! best map ever

lifeexpectancy
09-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Yuck, waterworks? To each his own but I detest that map. Even with a full 8 vs 8 map it felt awfully empty sometimes.

ZingZitang
09-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Is Waterworks technically outdoors?

Its in a big cavern, not sure if that counts as Outdoors.

Frozenghost001
09-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Is Waterworks technically outdoors?

Its in a big cavern, not sure if that counts as Outdoors.
nah its indoors cause you dont see the sky above you at all :)

plus they said totally inside, so im gonna assume no part is open to the outside world.

Joker0fLife
09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
nah its indoors cause you dont see the sky above you at all :)

plus they said totally inside, so im gonna assume no part is open to the outside world.

Well first you read wrong, they said it was totally outdoors.

Also, there is a giant opening above Red Base that leads to the surface. I specifically remember that because I was a superbounce fanatic and it was a pretty difficult bounce for me trying to get up there. Proof:
Halo 2 Skyledge Bounce: Ultimate Waterworks Superbounce - YouTube

You're inside a giant cavern, which would cause me to believe it's indoors. But then you also have the middle structure and Red/Blue base as indoors, so would that be doubly indoors or would that technically be indoors and everything else is outdoors-indoors......I dunno :p I loved Waterworks. Should of included it in my list.

i fist brown i
09-07-2012, 10:52 PM
My guess, Valhalla. I dont like this map, but its my guess.

ill be happy as hell if its Narrows though.

DarkReign2021
09-07-2012, 11:56 PM
They say huge and outside, so there are only a few I can think of. I'd love to see Sidewinder or Relic make a comeback. Containment is possible as well. It could also be a more obscure one like Gephyrophobia from Halo PC. Myself personally, I want Terminal or Death Island back. In all likelihood given the "reinvented Elephant" that I'm swearing the new vehicle in the Campaign Trailer is, Sandtrap seems the most likely candidate since it would be able to implement the use of the Elephant in MP easily.

Jet1337
09-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Terminal was pretty fun. It was always funny seeing people get splattered by the train.

a7x4lyf3
09-08-2012, 01:48 AM
I hope it's Valhalla or Death Island, those are my 2 main choices.

Vectorman953
09-08-2012, 02:41 AM
No one has mentioned Stand Off yet.
I always liked that map. It took all the battles from coagulation and streamlined them. Plus having the initial battle for the overpowered laser and maulers was pretty cool.

Although I don't think it could ever really be described as "big"
With the sprint ability added in, I think Rats Nest would make more sense, since the maps kind of have to be huge - since we can cover more ground, faster.

The Elite Elite
09-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Although I don't think it could ever really be described as "big"

Which is the reason I didn't mention it as an option. I too like Standoff a lot, but I remember when Halo 3 was the main online Halo game most of the people I'd play with would always moan and groan at the sight of the map. Never got why no one I knew seemed to like it.

With the sprint ability added in, I think Rats Nest would make more sense, since the maps kind of have to be huge - since we can cover more ground, faster.

Well, problem is Rat's Rest is pretty much indoors, so that's not going to be it. (And like Standoff, I don't remember Rat's Nest being a popular map)

CMCX360
09-08-2012, 03:31 PM
So yeah, Containment or Relic are my two choices.

Now I will be waiting for the announcement where they reveal it's neither of those.

Joker0fLife
09-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Which is the reason I didn't mention it as an option. I too like Standoff a lot, but I remember when Halo 3 was the main online Halo game most of the people I'd play with would always moan and groan at the sight of the map. Never got why no one I knew seemed to like it.

If I remember right, the reason me and my friends disliked the map was because there was always lag on that map. That, and CTF was always such a pain.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Avalanche .

i fist brown i
09-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm coming back to mention Narrows again, since it had been looked over.

CMCX360
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Narrows isn't a large map, nor is it entirely outdoors.

LickableLemons7
09-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Not to mention Narrows looks like Haven.

Longbow looks like Sidewinder/Avalanche.

Exile looks like Infinity.

Adrift looks like a mix of Orbital and Condemned.

I could go on, but those are the only multiplayer maps that we know of in Halo 4.

I really want to see something like Tempest or Highlands. Those maps were some of the best Reach offered. Shame we can hardly play on them now.

Halo 2's Turf or Backwash would be a welcome sight in Halo 4. I'm aching for a Backwash remake. We need more swamp/jungle.

But if we were to get a Blood Gulch remake, I might cancel my preorder(not really, but that map has been overdone to the point were I don't get the chills when I play System Link with friends on the original Combat Evolved disc).

i fist brown i
09-09-2012, 07:21 PM
i disagree, narrows is COMPLETELY outdoors and a pretty big map...

but, since there is a map already redesigned, like the poster above me says, i dont think it'll be narrows. But hopefully ill be just as happy with "Haven"

Vectorman953
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I really don't think that Relic will be choosen. It seemed too much like a symmetric map, but it really wasn't. Plus I don't think I've heard it mentioned when talking about Halo 3, Halo Reach or CEA map packs. It might be way different with the sprint ability though - no more punishment for not hiding out in the rocks-sniping platform - or main tower.

Is it just me, or was that (and backwash) THE go-to map for infection: back when you had to use the honor system, and change teams.

i disagree, narrows is COMPLETELY outdoors and a pretty big map..."
It's maps like this where stuff gets confusing. That Halo 3 map with the sentinels (the one where everyone always fought on the top level, the area with the three jumpers and sword on top). Pretty sure that is considered indoors, even though it's open to the ark on one side.

Joker0fLife
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
It's maps like this where stuff gets confusing. That Halo 3 map with the sentinels (the one where everyone always fought on the top level, the area with the three jumpers and sword on top). Pretty sure that is considered indoors, even though it's open to the ark on one side.

I disliked Construct, but not NEARLY as much as Countdown. I don't think it would be that or Narrows since both aren't liked by almost everyone. They are also midsized maps.

Ty-Rex
09-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Is it just me, or was that (and backwash) THE go-to map for infection: back when you had to use the honor system, and change teams.
You lose all your Halo 2 credit because everyone knows you play Infection on Foundation and then you hide in the room with the boxes that you block the doorway with and it's totally impossible for the zombies to get anyone.

Vectorman953
09-10-2012, 04:57 AM
I just want Lockout back. It was my fav map since halo 2 and nothing came nearly close to that!!

I used to really really like that map, especially playing with a LAN party, but online it just devolved into MLG try-hards (okay, but seriously... It's a freaking game) camping and growling about relative skill

You lose all your Halo 2 credit because everyone knows you play Infection on Foundation and then you hide in the room with the boxes that you block the doorway with and it's totally impossible for the zombies to get anyone.
I never really considered that an "infection" game. It was fun to do, but mostly friends just ended up getting pissed and leaving. It was always hilarious when, after not playing for awhile, you'd forget which room it was and just end up zombie fodder. Did you guys get one of the warthogs up there too?

Ty-Rex
09-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I never really considered that an "infection" game. It was fun to do, but mostly friends just ended up getting pissed and leaving. It was always hilarious when, after not playing for awhile, you'd forget which room it was and just end up zombie fodder. Did you guys get one of the warthogs up there too?
Halo 2 infection games usually ended up with all the zombies getting frustrated and quitting. Especially on Foundation with blocking the doorways and Zanzibar with super bouncing on the roof.

And no, I never seen anyone put a warthog in the room.

Anyone remember that Tower of Power game on Ascension? All this thinking about Halo 2 made me remember that.

* Clueless *
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM

I'm confused?? the game type was infection, and for a long time there were only two maps to play infection on.
On Foundry/Foundation there were only 2 rooms on the map and there wasn't a warthog on the map for you to get into the room.

Am I thinking of a different map? :confused:

Hitman H94
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I am pretty sure that somewhere he has said that this map won't have been on the 360. I will try to find the link.

Ty-Rex
09-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm confused?? the game type was infection, and for a long time there were only two maps to play infection on.
On Foundry/Foundation there were only 2 rooms on the map and there wasn't a warthog on the map for you to get into the room.

Am I thinking of a different map? :confused:
What he's saying is, Infection on Foundation in Halo 2 wasn't really Infection because the zombies has an almost zero percent chance of killing anyone since it was incredibly easy to hold a room and the zombies dropped ammo for magnums and shotguns (since we didn't have Halo 3 style Infection back then) so you never needed to leave the room.

Also, Foundry is a Halo 3 map and Foundation is a Halo 2 map. I think you may be confused there too.

Kaiyo
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Maybe its a map that hasn't made it into the 360 games(Halo 3, Reach or Wars).

TweakX
09-11-2012, 03:44 AM
I would love for it to be Containment but my money is it being Blood Gulch because so many people bitch about wanting that map in every single game

Hitman H94
09-11-2012, 09:57 AM
A clue!

http://twitter.com/franklez/status/245346356439441408

Also, it is referencing a letter from the Oaxaca protests in 2006 that was to honor the memory of the fallen who died durring the protest, and Relic is a memorial ground to the deceased Forerunners. I see some serious connections here.

DudeItsVolcom
09-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Does anyone miss colossus? Burial mounds? :[? ANYONE

WipeoutBoy1
09-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Hope its hemorrhage.

Darth Grif55
09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
It HAS to be Bloodgulch, where else will the Reds & Blues hang out?

I hope the DLC has some Halo 3 remake maps, enough with the Halo 1 & 2 lovefest. Halo 3 needs love too!

CMCX360
09-11-2012, 10:30 PM

It's not though.

Joker0fLife
09-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Does anyone miss colossus? Burial mounds? :[? ANYONE

I miss them too, but there's a LOT of better maps out there.

ReverendSID
09-11-2012, 11:37 PM

I hope the DLC has some Halo 3 remake maps, enough with the Halo 1 & 2 lovefest. Halo 3 needs love too!

It's not though.
Not that I want it to be Blood Gulch, (cause I'm in the maybe 0.5% of Halo fans that hates that map) but why are you so sure it's not?

LickableLemons7
09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Am I the only one here who wants a Backwash remake?

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Frozenghost001
09-12-2012, 03:14 AM
well there's actually a really good theory going on over on the Halo.Xbox.com forums stating how the map is most likely either Sandtrap or Sandbox. truthfully if its sandbox I'm going to be beyond excited, since I made a cat & mouse-like gametype on there back when the game came out and ever since it's been the custom game of choice when playing with my friends. Hopefully choppers are back in the game though, otherwise it won't work.

But here's the link w/ the theory:
https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst112681_Remake-Map-Theory-and-Evidence.aspx

Vectorman953
09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
If I had to choose between Relic, Sandtrap, and Sandbox; nine times out of ten I would choose Relic. It's a map that really needs to be remade, and the combination of it and forge makes me http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/085/444/1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

The other time I would choose elephants (http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/004/cache/african-elephant_435_600x450.jpg), which I guess is just a vote for Sandtrap.

Although I always did like the subtle mysteries that were never solved, like what the names of the elephants themselves could possibly mean, the literal easter eggs that appeared when they shot, all the secret rooms etc

CMCX360
09-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Not that I want it to be Blood Gulch, (cause I'm in the maybe 0.5% of Halo fans that hates that map) but why are you so sure it's not?

Because Frankie said as much?

Ty-Rex
09-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Am I the only one here who wants a Backwash remake?

I LOVE IT SO MUCH
That map is awful. Please get better opinions or you will not be allowed in the Halo 5 Forum for Relationship Advice.

ReverendSID
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Because Frankie said as much?
Who's Frankie?

Blink
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope it's Valhalla or Avalanche! I miss playing those big maps.

LickableLemons7
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM
That map is awful. Please get better opinions or you will not be allowed in the Halo 5 Forum for Relationship Advice.

:( But I love it SOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCCCCHHH :( :( :( :( :(
Infinite sads.

I'm more surprised that you remember the stuff from the earlier threads in the Halo 4 forums here.

Who's Frankie?

Frank O'Connor is the current "director" of the Halo franchise.

Ty-Rex
09-12-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm more surprised that you remember the stuff from the earlier threads in the Halo 4 forums here.
This forum was way better when it was just three or four of us posting random non-Halo stuff here.

I also just found the old thread and Halo 5 is the sex advice forum and Halo 6 is the emotional childhood trauma forum.

CMCX360
09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Who's Frankie?

LMFAO.

Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.

Frozenghost001
09-12-2012, 11:03 PM
well, the weekly bulletin goes live later on tonight - maybe they'll tease us with something - or even flat out announce it. we just got to wait and see

ReverendSID
09-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Who's Frankie?
Frank O'Connor is the current "director" of the Halo franchise.

LMFAO.

Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.
Well, at least one of you got that I was kidding. :woop: But seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anyone call him Frankie before. lol

CMCX360
09-13-2012, 02:21 AM
He's been called Frankie since his days at Bungie. Even the old Bungie Podcast intro went "With Bryan and friends... and Frankie!"

Vectorman953
09-13-2012, 05:50 AM
This forum was way better when it was just three or four of us posting random non-Halo stuff here.

I think I was one of those people! Back when I didn't have shit to do, and just checked the forums all morning long.

Robobeast76
09-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Standoff was one of the most superior Team Slayer and Objective maps across all titles.

Don't give me Gulch again. Reach, or maybe the weapon set, just proved how poor it is. 1 Flag CTF 4 minute rounds just don't work on this map - camp central for the base and then people respawn even if you pull the flag. Valhalla was a much better interpretation of the theme with the man cannons and central hill. Blood Gulch should have stayed in CE and never re-appeared.

theNomad
09-14-2012, 01:44 PM
I hope it's headlong. That is seriously the ONLY map I want to play in Reach BTB these days. I would be happy with Hang Em High too. Those are the best two maps for me.

Headlongs the bomb gave me 6 months extra life with Reach when Anniversary came out. Doubt they'll do it again so soon, but I'd love to see it return again and I'm always happy to see an Ascension variant.

DarkReign2021
09-15-2012, 03:14 PM
He's been called Frankie since his days at Bungie. Even the old Bungie Podcast intro went "With Bryan and friends... and Frankie!"

You kidding? He was Frankie back when he was a low-level employee on the original OXM team. His webmaster job at Bungie simply put him in the spotlight.

Come to think of it, he left Bungie after Halo 2 and had nothing to do with Halo 3, ODST, Halo Wars, or Reach. I wonder how he managed to snag himself a job as the guy in charge of Halo 4 and everything Halo related. This man knows how to network. lol

Standoff was one of the most superior Team Slayer and Objective maps across all titles.

Don't give me Gulch again. Reach, or maybe the weapon set, just proved how poor it is. 1 Flag CTF 4 minute rounds just don't work on this map - camp central for the base and then people respawn even if you pull the flag. Valhalla was a much better interpretation of the theme with the man cannons and central hill. Blood Gulch should have stayed in CE and never re-appeared.

I won't lie. I really enjoyed the original and the Coagulation remake in Halo 2. For some reason, whatever that may be, Hemorrhage just sucked. Snipers had a far more dominant grip on the map since they wrecked vehicles for some stupid reason and the larger level size made it harder to traverse on foot. It just didn't hold the same charge. As far as I'm concerned the only Forgeworld Island that had any worth in Reach was Paradiso. As much as I despise forgeworld creations in Matchmaking, I wouldn't mind seeing that one make a comeback in one form of another.

I think I was one of those people! Back when I didn't have shit to do, and just checked the forums all morning long.

Oh how I miss the good ol' days. lol. Ready for them to officially announce Halo 5 so I can move over to that board and get away from the masses. The Reach and H3 people have definitely started making their way over to this board.

Homaz
09-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Hope to see LOCKOUT again.

It was the most played map in Halo 2 times and I still love that map.
They should just fill it in and I'll be the happiest guy in the world.
:D

CMCX360
09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Come to think of it, he left Bungie after Halo 2 and had nothing to do with Halo 3, ODST, Halo Wars, or Reach.

Wut? He was clearly involved in Halo 3, because I remember him on Bungie podcasts about Halo 3 before it's release, during the release of DLC, etc.

a7x4lyf3
09-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Hope to see LOCKOUT again.

It was the most played map in Halo 2 times and I still love that map.
They should just fill it in and I'll be the happiest guy in the world.
:DAs much as I agree with you on that one, and plenty of other Halo 2 players as well would also agree, it's not going to be that. He tweeted that it is NOT going to be small, I assume since he took the time to capitalize that it's going to be one of Halo's more vast maps so you can go ahead and just cross Lockout off your list unfortunately, I'm thinking more along the lines of Death Island or Sandtrap, call me crazy but I'd love to see Valhalla make a return.

Homaz
09-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I didn't like any of the bigger maps, because it can take like forever to find some other enemies what makes the match boring. I need more action, instead of searching other guys...

Snowed
09-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Standoff, Death Island, and Zanzibar would all be excellent.

LickableLemons7
09-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Frankie sent out a hint.

"Carta De Oaxaca"

Google it.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Frankie sent out a hint.

"Carta De Oaxaca"

Google it.

The map is mexican :confused:

LickableLemons7
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
The map is mexican :confused:

Yeah, I was confused at first too. But others have come up with crazy looking Mayan structures that look astonishingly similar to something you'd seen from Sandbox.

Halo4Follower is trustworthy. See 1:20.

Halo 4 News - Prototype, Remake, Concept Art, Reincarnation, & FUD Joyride - YouTube

Joker0fLife
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Frankie sent out a hint.

"Carta De Oaxaca"

Google it.

i feel like i've seen oaxaca ingame somewhere before, but i can't say for certain.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Relic .

Kaiyo
09-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Must be Sandtrap or Sandbox.

Vectorman953
09-17-2012, 01:47 PM
While the evidence for Sandbox is supposedly building, I think I'm going to go for Team Relic.

I should make shirts.
Team Relic v Team Sandtrap/box could be the new Team Edward v Team Jacob.

LickableLemons7
09-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I should make shirts.
Team Relic v Team Sandtrap/box could be the new Team Edward v Team Jacob.

HEY!

Team Jacob ftw. Disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I couldn't finish reading it. I might watch the final film later this year. And yes, I just admitted I read Twilight. And New Moon, and Eclispe.

"I know what the ladies like."

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
HEY!

Team Jacob ftw. Disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I couldn't finish reading it. I might watch the final film later this year. And yes, I just admitted I read Twilight. And New Moon, and Eclispe.

"I know what the ladies like."

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/855/35xyux.jpg

LickableLemons7
09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I love everybody :drunk

a7x4lyf3
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Please can we not turn this thread into another pointless twilight argument...

Vectorman953
09-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Avenged, normally I'd agree with you but
A) I started it
B) you say before like you've seen twilight stuff in other forums... Should we move it to the Halo 5 forum?
C) xoninja included a picture from community, which is the best comedy show on tv
4) there's no news out anyway, might as well talk about a book mass marketed to teenage girls

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2011_usa/c/community_straightjackets.jpg

Ty-Rex
09-18-2012, 12:27 AM
B) you say before like you've seen twilight stuff in other forums... Should we move it to the Halo 5 forum?
Man the Halo 5 forum is gonna be sweet.

4) there's no news out anyway, might as well talk about a book mass marketed to teenage girlsI say to hell with that, let's just post sweet pics/gifs from Community.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dean-rave.gif

a7x4lyf3
09-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Avenged, normally I'd agree with you but
A) I started it
C) xoninja included a picture from community, which is the best comedy show on tv
4) there's no news out anyway, might as well talk about a book mass marketed to teenage girls

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2011_usa/c/community_straightjackets.jpgI'm not saying it like I've seen it before in forums, which I have actually... I'm just stating in general, Twilight manages to wiggle it's way into most conversations somehow and then it's just a never ending argument of why it's bad and why it's good x.x

CMCX360
09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
How does Valhalla sound everybody?

http://i.imgur.com/Hk3Yo.png

http://i.imgur.com/ycm7r.jpg

Renamed to Ragnarok.

LickableLemons7
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Renamed to Ragnarok.

You made me press the button in the link on my signature. How dare you.

ReverendSID
09-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I would like to know where those pictures are from please.

CMCX360
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I would like to know where those pictures are from please.

Well I got them from a gaming website I visit and he got it from a developers twitter feed.

It's obviously real, because they have been taking down the pictures over at the official Halo forums.

RBmaster9345
09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Valhalla sounds great. That's a nice map.

ReverendSID
09-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Well I got them from a gaming website I visit and he got it from a developers twitter feed.

It's obviously real, because they have been taking down the pictures over at the official Halo forums.
I'm not suggesting it's not real. I was asking where it was taken, not where you got it. As in what event/press showing/etc.

CMCX360
09-26-2012, 09:56 PM
That, I don't know.

Ty-Rex
09-27-2012, 12:55 AM
The remake is not Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Hemorrhage?

Bra-fucking-vo 343! This is the best news about Halo 4 I've heard yet.

Frozenghost001
09-27-2012, 03:17 AM
here's another image, confirming the mech (Mantis) is available in multiplayer (and this map as well!)

http://halo4nation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/sBlpU.jpeg

Joker0fLife
09-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Alright, everyone line up. I'm going on a throat punching frenzy.

head0r Inc
09-27-2012, 06:09 AM

Renamed to Ragnarok.

That's the map I am secretly hoping for :(

Vectorman953
09-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I dunno.
Normally they try to at least remotely change the visual styling of the maps (blackout from lockout, last restort from zanzibar)

Of course that reasoning kind of goes out the window when you realize it's a different studio, but you'd think they wouldn't want to go with just a simple HD-redo.

Emfulz
09-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Coagulation, Sandtrap, Containment, Terminal, Relic, Headlong, or Zanzibar.

I will not settle for anything else.

Blood Gulch, Containment, Relic, Sandbox, Sandtrap, Standoff, Valhalla, Sidewinder, Timberland, Danger Canyon, Death Island, Gephyrophobia, Ice Fields, and Infinity. It could be any one of these. I could probably say it's Blood Gulch since it's like the #1 map of all time.

niko da bos
09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I dunno.
Normally they try to at least remotely change the visual styling of the maps (blackout from lockout, last restort from zanzibar)

Of course that reasoning kind of goes out the window when you realize it's a different studio, but you'd think they wouldn't want to go with just a simple HD-redo.

i think for the most part they do a good job on the maps. i remember the first time i played halo3 on "last resort," i thought it was an amazing transition from zanzibar. i think there was actually whole new areas, i would probably get flashbacks and go nuts if i played H2 on the old map again lol.

i enjoyed valhalla on H3 but there are other maps i would rather see make a comeback. not complaining though, it could be much worse.. they could port in those shitty ass halo reach community forge maps, uggh.

Frozenghost001
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
WAIT, what if...

the valhalla map shown off (Ragnarok) was part of one of the new Forge World-like maps (like Hemorrhage in Reach) and the remake map could still be sandtrap or sandbox?

nah Ragnarok is probably its own map

Vectorman953
09-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Has anybody explained how Vahalla relates to the Frankie clue though?

Although the name change seems likely, inkeeping with norse mythology goes. And as for if it IS the chosen pre-DLC remake-map, I suppose I'd be alright with that. There were way, way worse options.

I'm just sad that boarding action will never be remade D:

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Why this?? Halo 2 Had some of the best maps, fuck it

this is how i feel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c#t=1m05s

Emfulz
09-28-2012, 03:36 PM
I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. Valhalla isn't that big compared to other huge maps and was one of my least favorite maps on Halo 3. :( They should automatically bring over Halo 2 maps into every Halo game because Halo 2 = best multiplayer ever!

Ty-Rex
09-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Valhalla isn't that big compared to other huge maps and was one of my least favorite maps on Halo 3.
Valhalla was a pretty good map and the fact that it wasn't really big made it so that you weren't at a massive disadvantage if you didn't have a vehicle or sniper like Hemorrhage does.

They should automatically bring over Halo 2 maps into every Halo game because Halo 2 = best multiplayer ever!
They should do this except don't bring Backwash back because that map is bad and only lickable lemons likes it.

sanctusmortis
09-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Word from EG expo is Ragnarok is indeed an updated Valhalla, and the remake is of Lockout.

Joker0fLife
09-29-2012, 12:36 AM
WAIT, what if...

the valhalla map shown off (Ragnarok) was part of one of the new Forge World-like maps (like Hemorrhage in Reach) and the remake map could still be sandtrap or sandbox?

We can only hope.

Snowed
09-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Sandtrap isn't coming back. The only people that liked it were Forge-fanatics. That's not going to be their remake map if there's only one, are you insane?

CMCX360
09-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Word from EG expo is Ragnarok is indeed an updated Valhalla, and the remake is of Lockout.

That makes no sense. There is only 1 remake. And that is the remake of Valhalla.

NONE OTHER.
STOP THE RETARDED SPECULATION.

DarkReign2021
09-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Sandtrap isn't coming back. The only people that liked it were Forge-fanatics. That's not going to be their remake map if there's only one, are you insane?

You're thinking Sandbox. Sandtrap was the large structure in the middle of the level with the two Elephants outside of it.

Darth Grif55
09-29-2012, 11:16 PM

I'll die of happiness if this is true. Blackout & Valhalla were two of my favorite Halo 3 maps, they just need to put in The Pit & AValanche & I can die happy. Halo 3 had the best maps ever, I love that game so much.

CMCX360
09-30-2012, 12:12 AM
There is no remake of Lockout. There is only one remake. That remake is Valhalla. Now known as Ragnarok.

Jesus fucking christ.

LickableLemons7
09-30-2012, 12:30 PM
They should do this except don't bring Backwash back because that map is bad and only lickable lemons likes it.

Yo man wuts ur prblm notng beats teaming up to take dawn the dude wit the sword cause every1 could see it a mile away.

I can't believe I can hardly play Backwash anymore on H2V. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY is playing on Coagulation. I hate that map so much.

Emfulz
09-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Valhalla was a pretty good map and the fact that it wasn't really big made it so that you weren't at a massive disadvantage if you didn't have a vehicle or sniper like Hemorrhage does.

Now don't lie. Have you ever played zombies or Halloween on backwash? Those were the good ol' days.

l Absolution l
09-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I'd still love to have a remake of Relic and Turf from Halo 2..

Ah well, Valhalla was a good map too, so I'm pretty excited for it.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-30-2012, 08:47 PM
more halo 2 maps, fuck valhalla

Kaiyo
10-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Darn its Valhalla....

iBuzz7S
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Here is a little trailer.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Universe/detail/halo-4-mantis-trailer/5c5bc6fb-7cb0-4552-be8e-d6f54ed5c417

Doesn't show an awful lot, but it's something new.

The Elite Elite
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, I was hoping it would be Relic, but Valhalla is a pretty good map too.

Requiem Kata
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Can't beat big team on Valhalla!

BiggD
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Valhalla, or...Ragnarok as it's called now, has always been a favorite of mine. I was hoping for Relic or Sandtrap but I'll take what we've got. They should highly consider remaking Guarding, The Pitt, & Narrows, I sure do love me those Halo 3 maps.

BiggD
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
There is no remake of Lockout. There is only one remake. That remake is Valhalla. Now known as Ragnarok.

Jesus fucking christ.

Didn't the remake Lockout on Halo 3 for one of the Mythic Map Packs and it was called Blackout or something of the sort?

CMCX360
10-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Didn't the remake Lockout on Halo 3 for one of the Mythic Map Packs and it was called Blackout or something of the sort?

Yes, but we're talking about Halo 4 in this section.

BiggD
10-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Yes, but we're talking about Halo 4 in this section.

my bad dude, must have read your comment wrong!

CMCX360
10-02-2012, 04:46 AM
I'm just happy you can read.

Emfulz
10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/01/valhalla-map-reborn-as-ragnarok-in-halo-4/

Valhalla is the remake :( Mech tea bagging is awesome though!

fastNcurious
10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
:(

I hated Valhalla. I do horribly on open maps. Loved Guardian from H3, among others. Sigh...Halo 3...

LickableLemons7
10-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Here's IGN's tour of Ragnarok:

Halo 4 Ragnarok Multiplayer Map Walkthrough With 343i - YouTube