PDA

View Full Version : Power-up Cost/Award Changes

hoshinosenshi
09-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Coin modifications are being made to make the use of Power-ups take a lower hit on the payout while going for high scores. As quoted here (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231621&p=4869598&viewfull=1#post4869598):

Here’s what’s new:

Cost of Power-ups:

Overdrive Power-ups: 250 coins per use
Note Power-ups: 200 coins per use.
Track Power-ups: 100 coins per use.
(note: it now only costs 550 coins for a full Power-up loadout!)

Song Performance Coin Rewards:

At the end of a song, you now get 100 Coins per Star across the board.

Score Wars:

Winners of Score Wars will now be receiving 1500 coins at completion.
Losers of Score Wars will now be receiving 500 coins at completion.

I, of course, would be remiss for not again mentioning Rock Band World as a great (and even fun!) option for earning even more coins for use in Rock Band Blitz. But, we of course understand that some folks don't want to use Facebook, so these tweaks should help make those players out.

Note that this won’t require a patch or anything, as we’re able to make these changes server-side. We’ll continue to keep an eye on your feedback in the coming days and weeks, so let us know what you think!

Bobo
09-06-2012, 10:07 PM
definitely helps. i've been trying for my last two gold stars and, as long as you get 5 stars on your attempt, you only need 50 extra coins to be able to use all 3 power-ups. major improvement.

Felonious Monk
09-06-2012, 10:08 PM
It may be worth experimenting with high score setting WITHOUT a full load out, now.

Does this mean double coins for unplayed songs is now void, or ongoing?

hoshinosenshi
09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Does this mean double coins for unplayed songs is now void, or ongoing?

You'll still earn double coins, this update should infact help earn more coins if you go for five stars for each new song, which is possible for the majority of songs with just one powerup such as Super Guitar or Bottle Rocket.

Didi Mau
09-07-2012, 04:58 PM
By across the board, do they mean difficulty? A tier 1 gold star will be worth 600 coins as will a devil tier gold star? That's great news, means I can go for the gold star achievement while going for high scores on the numerous easy DLC songs I have. I wasn't going to play this game competitively with the old system, that's very likely changed now.

madmankevin
09-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I feel that you should always have an opportunity at 5 stars and gold stars, not just when you "save up". I feel that once you hit x amount of rep, you should unlock this power up to use at your disposal. You hit y amount of rep and you should get that power up to use at your disposal. Etc. Basically getting rid of the coin crap.

This is a good step in the right direction though.

Son of Kyuss
09-08-2012, 02:35 AM
I feel that you should always have an opportunity at 5 stars and gold stars, not just when you "save up". I feel that once you hit x amount of rep, you should unlock this power up to use at your disposal. You hit y amount of rep and you should get that power up to use at your disposal. Etc. Basically getting rid of the coin crap.

I agree to some extent. They could have let you use some basic powerups free of charge once you reach a certain Blitz Cred milestone and make the more valuable powerups cost coins.

ll X ll
09-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I highly recommend people to download CHARLENE(I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU)to farm gold and blitz cred. It's a very short song (1 - 2minutes maybe), funny and catchy. It's also easy to gain 5 gold stars consistently if you just choose the pinball notes and try keeping up with the pinball as long as you can, don't worry about increasing the multipliers of other instruments, just keep up with the pinball and if you lost the ball just keep playing random notes.

I keep getting 5 stars doing it this way, always.

Mcmax3000
09-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Not really a big fan of these changes, as it basically makes coins completely pointless, but I know a lot of people were anti-coins, so I understand why they did it.

Korahn
09-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Due to these changes, I now have more coins than I could need. so I agree - they're pretty useless now.