PDA

View Full Version : Trail of the Shadow bug?

ponypo2001
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Can anyone adivse here? I need to get into the room with the courier but I cannot find the alternate route inside. There is a switch in the room before him with a dog but it doesn't ever open anything. I also cannot backtrack far cause the lazers are all blocking the routes. Have I hit a bug here? I really don't want to have to restart the level if possible.

CyberEvil
09-07-2012, 03:54 PM
If you're where I think you are, you have to go way up and around to get to the room. If you started at the room with two shielded guards, you can kill the one on the left and start making your way up. It's kind of a long path and it took me a bit to work out. Hard to explain other than where you should start, sorry.

ponypo2001
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
If you're where I think you are, you have to go way up and around to get to the room. If you started at the room with two shielded guards, you can kill the one on the left and start making your way up. It's kind of a long path and it took me a bit to work out. Hard to explain other than where you should start, sorry.

Nah mate, I'm passed that part. Its a room with a door on either side and a patrolling dog. Above the dog is a lever to pull but it doesn't open the grating that it's right next to.

ponypo2001
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Had to restart the level. It was a game bug. The computer panel that you need to use was completely gone in my game. It's now there. Sigh, does anyone test their games anymore?

CyberEvil
09-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Huh that's odd. I'm I think 6 stages in and haven't had any glitches. Bad luck.

xADFx
09-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Had to restart the level. It was a game bug. The computer panel that you need to use was completely gone in my game. It's now there. Sigh, does anyone test their games anymore?

I had the same issue. I got in touch with Klei, they said in their testing they had never come across that bug in particular. Strange that it's in there. I'm just happy it didn't destroy my save file or something more malicious like that.

Love the game so much I didn't mind having to play the level again =)

ponypo2001
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I had the same issue. I got in touch with Klei, they said in their testing they had never come across that bug in particular. Strange that it's in there. I'm just happy it didn't destroy my save file or something more malicious like that.

Love the game so much I didn't mind having to play the level again =)

I think mine was caused by reloading checkpoint whilst following the courier. He started to walk all the way back to the start of the level upon loading and I think that messed everything up.

Shiftie
09-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Sounds like you have awful luck with game bugs >.<

Exu
09-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Ran into another two bugs in that level. I spared the courier so that I could come back and kill him and the other guards for more points.
I messed up and reloaded the checkpoint. First bug was here, the courier now had a waypoint on him again, but it didn't seem to matter.

I killed the guard and the dog near the elevator switch, brought the elevator down and went back for the enemies that had come along when I stole the tracker from the courier.
It went awry and I reloaded the checkpoint, it positioned me back above the courier.

After killing everything I returned to the elevator shaft and the elevator was now at the top, but the control panel to bring it down could no longer be used.
Annoying, as I now had three stars and had to exit the level. At least I got to keep my seals.

Shiftie
09-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Well...jinxed myself I guess. I ran into a checkpoint bug in the last mission where I would start out with a stalker staring right at me... instant -800 points.