PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight...

ll X ll
09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
You can't export RB2 songs on disk unless you own RB3? What kind of stupid decision is that? Sure, the DLC is exported automatically but is there any way to export RB2 songs on disk without RB3?

It would be stupid if there wasn't.

Korahn
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Huh, didn't realize that. I guess I just took it for granted after owning RB3. I'm going to shoot a message to RB via twitter to see if there is an alternate way and report back with what they say.

ll X ll
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Huh, didn't realize that. I guess I just took it for granted after owning RB3. I'm going to shoot a message to RB via twitter to see if there is an alternate way and report back with what they say.

With so much compatibility they are making this game with the others it just boggles my mind that there is no way to export RB 2 songs to RB: Blitz without RB3.

Frankly, i didn't buy RB3 because i felt RB2 was enough for me. Adding to that, i would rather spend my money on other stuff then just another rhythm game. DLC already do a good job if you wanted new songs to play on RB2.

Hopefully, There is another way to this.

Korahn
09-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I got RB3 due to any DLC released after that point wouldn't be playable in RB2. Plus, keyboards.

ll X ll
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
I got RB3 due to any DLC released after that point wouldn't be playable in RB2. Plus, keyboards.

Yeah, i get you but they should do something for the people who didn't get RB3. It just doesn't make sense that i have to own another game to export the songs of said game.

Korahn
09-08-2012, 04:00 AM
No response on twitter yet and the RB forums had no luck answering this either. It really does appear that you need RB3 to export RB2 songs. That is pretty dumb. One suggestion given by someone was to get a used copy of RB3 at Gamestop/EB Games (or rent if rental places still exist around you), pay the export code, then return the game (in 7 days if gamestop).

I hope they come out with a method to export RB2 tracks directly to Blitz because I can really see how that would suck.

Felonious Monk
09-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah, i get you but they should do something for the people who didn't get RB3. It just doesn't make sense that i have to own another game to export the songs of said game.
Might be time to borrow someone's copy, rent it or do the GameStop Shuffle (which is my new declaration to the name of the practice of abusing the 7 day used return period).

I forgot that they did do it this way. I know why, though. They used their major title update already way back when in '09 when they added wireless mic support and RBN features. They weren't thinking forward enough to get export ready, or maybe the licensing agreements weren't in place (which is entirely plausible because some tracks didn't make the transition and all the Harmonix house band tracks were made a separate download). Remember that for original Rock Band that it took a title update for them to add exporting functionality.

I will be sympathetic in that it sucks; though.

Mcmax3000
09-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Before now, there was no reason to export Rock Band 2, unless you had Rock Band 3, so it makes perfect sense as to why they require RB3 for the export.

It does seem like putting the code entry section into Blitz as well would've been a good idea, since this game is probably bringing a bunch of people back to the Rock Band series.

Felonious Monk
09-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Before now, there was no reason to export Rock Band 2, unless you had Rock Band 3,

This bothered me, so I had to come back and address it.

What's Lego Rock Band, chopped liver?

Korahn
09-10-2012, 09:42 AM
This bothered me, so I had to come back and address it.

What's Lego Rock Band, chopped liver?

A lot find it is, but it does have some fun songs - Ghostbusters and Final countdown come to mind as a couple. Although, the only reason I haven't traded it away after exporting the songs is because the kids love playing it.