PDA

View Full Version : Hslo 4 Reborn Panel (PAX 2012)

LickableLemons7
09-08-2012, 04:40 AM
What I really wanted to point out in the vid was 18:18(POSSIBLE CAMPAIGN SPOILER IMAGE THING). Also, the thumbnail for the panel was revealed to be the teaser image from the end of the concept art trailer.

PAX Prime 2012 Halo 4 Reborn Panel - YouTube

plum
09-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Man I need to stop watching these it's making time go slow for the release date.

Also see those weapons they where made by the forerunners weren't they? If so how can the prometheans use them cause I thought only humans can use them since they are descendent of forerunners. Need some help please it bugging me lol. You guys think the forerunners will make an appearance in this halo cause that would be AMAZING

Kaiyo
09-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Apparently one of the Didacts will be the main villian of Halo 4.

LickableLemons7
09-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Also see those weapons they where made by the forerunners weren't they? If so how can the prometheans use them cause I thought only humans can use them since they are descendent of forerunners. Need some help please it bugging me lol. You guys think the forerunners will make an appearance in this halo cause that would be AMAZING

Prometheans can use the Forerunner weapons as they were constructed by the Forerunners themselves to protect the shield worlds. Or something like that.

Also, I don't think humans are direct descendants of the Forerunners. The Forerunners are humanoid, but they aren't human. Like the elites, Forerunners have two arms, two legs, etc. But elites have mandibles and whatnot.

But some humans, like the Master Chief, have great insight as to how to use Forerunner technology. In the second mission of Halo: Combat Evolved, we see Chief is able to manipulate Forerunner technology easily when he turns on the light bridge in the "unnatural cave."

Forerunners, or at least A Forerunner, will definitely be in Halo 4. The Didact, who is essentially the military leader of the Forerunners. If you don't know who the Didact is, then I STRONGLY reccomend you read The Forerunner Saga. The first book, Cryptum, will greatly expand your knowledge of The Forerunners as well as Forerunner terminology/vocabulary. The second book in The Forerunner Saga, Primordium, is also a good read. The third and final book, Silentium, won't be released until early January of next year. But I'm positive Halo 4 will keep you occupied until then. And Cryptum/Primordium will keep you occupied until November 6th, 2012.

plum
09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks kaiyo and lick able lemons. One more question why would mastercheif want to fight the forerunners (didacts).

LickableLemons7
09-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Well, we don't know for sure what happens to The Didact, or what he's been doing since the Forerunner war with the flood, and that was ages ago. Maybe the Didact just woke up from the kind of hibernation he was in like in the beginning of Cryptum, and he sees that some of the Halos have been destroyed, and the Flood has been unleashed into the galaxy. If I were him, I'd be pissed because I worked so hard to have the Halos developed to wipe the Flood clean of the galaxy, and here's someone who's gone and blown up some of the rings, and destroyed the Lesser Ark.

That means the Flood could return, and quickly. They didn't originate from the Milky Way galaxy, so they could somehow manage to find a way back to it. They adapt, and there could be more than one Gravemind outside of the galaxy that somehow managed to share knowledge with the Gravemind we see in Halo 2 and 3. And the other remaining Halo installations still have Flood spores in them, as the Forerunners kept some spores there for studying.

343i confirmed that Halo 4 will not have the Flood in it, but Halo 5 most likely will. Halo just isn't Halo without the Flood.

Maybe the return of the Flood will have the Didact make up with Master Chief after fighting(that is if we don't kill him in Halo 4), and then we could have a Chief/Didact team in Halo 5 and 6, just like the Arbiter and the Chief in Halo 3.

plum
09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
WOW thanks for that lickable lemon. Really can not wait to see what happens,the halo story is the best story in the history of storys in games.Also can't wait to see what happens with cortana.My pridection is since an ai like cortana can only last 7-8 years before dieing that mastercheif will find a way to reset her memory cause her knowledge is getting far to big meaning an overload.

Vectorman953
09-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I always figured that since forerunner AI last pretty much forever, the chief was going to find a way to upload cortana into another monitor. It would be way too sad to see her leave the series, especially so early into another trilogy.

Then again, Guilty Spark and a few others showed signs of (at least slight) rampancy.