Magic Celebration codes dont work

for anyone who went to the mini-masters event today, you might've gotten a promotional RTR slip with a new code on it. i tried putting the code i got in and its not working.

these are definitely not unique codes that can only be redeemed once because #1 they are only 6 characters long and #2 i saw 2 of these slips with the same code.

here is the code i got, they might all be the same:

GPCRSX

anyone else having trouble?

So... this code was already spoiled on GameFAQs and other sites. If you enter it anyways, even though you had already entered it, it gives you that strange error. WotC should probably update their error, but that's probably what you're hitting.

I hit this too and was baffled by it until I realized that I already knew this code. XD

so are you saying this code was one of the 10 codes they released a month ago or so? meaning we have already unlocked the cards associated with it, which is why its not working? since its got RTR pictures on the piece of paper i assumed it would unlock RTR cards. i cant believe WOTC would be that douchey though, acting like its a new code and all.

OMFG. figured they would have the decency to give us some new cards, but apparently not.

FYI. They didn't give all those codes away a month ago. They gave out only a few, but someone figured out the rest. It's not their fault for not give out new content. It's their fault for giving out codes that were not impossible to figure out.

but still its pretty much false advertising to have the Ravnica guild designs on the piece of paper that houses a code that DOES NOT add RTR cards to the game. that would be like if McDonald's gave out coupons with a picture of a Big Mac on them that said "redeem this for a free McDonalds sandwich" and when you turn it in all you get is a $1 cheeseburger.

Edited by shinobigarth

but still its pretty much false advertising to have the Ravnica guild designs on the piece of paper that houses a code that DOES NOT add RTR cards to the game. that would be like if McDonald's gave out coupons with a picture of a Big Mac on them that said "redeem this for a free McDonalds sandwich" and when you turn it in all you get is a $1 cheeseburger.

So it said redeem code for Return to Ravnica cards on the piece of paper? If not then it's just advertising.

Don't worry, I would be disappointed too if I opened my Christmas presents early then had nothing to open on Christmas.

Would you be surprised if McDonalds did that? That sounds exactly like the kind of advertising most places do.

You are over-reacting here to say the least. You got 10 new RTR cards for each with those 10 promo codes you already used. If you hadn't gotten the codes by an alternate mean you would have unlocked new cards for the new DLC and the old decks. Why you would whine when you bypassed the wait period is beyond me, or any other reasonable person...

i just dont like the way they are passing it as a new code when its an old one that anyone who has an inkling to play these games has already seen online and redeemed already. the MTG players who arent interested in the video games are not gonna feel compelled to buy the game just because they got a free code at a Magic event so it doesnt even work that way. i guess the most they can hope for is getting it in the hands of someone who's never touched MTG before on paper or digital format.

Edited by shinobigarth

i just dont like the way they are passing it as a new code when its an old one that anyone who has an inkling to play these games has already seen online and redeemed already. the MTG players who arent interested in the video games are not gonna feel compelled to buy the game just because they got a free code at a Magic event so it doesnt even work that way. i guess the most they can hope for is getting it in the hands of someone who's never touched MTG before on paper or digital format.

They arent doing anything of the sort. You are just a spoilt little brat who can't realize he was given access to a code he should never have had yet.

Stop pretending like the ten codes were already entered into your copy of the game the minute you got it. You sat there, refreshing gamefaqs like everybody else. Your sense of entitlement is pathetic. I'm done trying to explain logic to a child.

yeah, as if those 10 codes came out before they were supposed to. riiiight.....

Those codes weren't meant to be released as they were. They're a promotional bonus given out for competing in events or as gifts. I got one for beating a member of LoadingReadyRun when they had the 'Game With Fame' event, and I'm proud of it. I haven't used any of those other codes because I actually earned mine, and don't want to spoil the one I did get.

If you hadn't have used those codes, you would have received the promo cards as Wizards intended. Stop complaining because of something you did. Blaming Wizards has only made everyone else think you're a giant douche.