PDA

View Full Version : What does NG+ entail?

DROGTURIST
09-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Is it harder? Different enemy placement?

I guess what I'm asking is should I do my clean-up (scrolls, seals, etc) before I start NG+?

Mr Yac
09-09-2012, 06:32 AM
harder to see mostly, enemies pretty much don't appear unless you're looking at them dead on. if they get behind you they fade out, also sound rings seem to be gone and it's a bit harder to distract folks

DROGTURIST
09-09-2012, 06:33 AM
So it's a bit harder then... Thanks!

What do you get to keep? Just your upgrades or does it save obtained scrolls/seals/etc too?

Mr Yac
09-09-2012, 07:42 AM
looks like everything carries over, i only had a couple left so i completed all the scrolls and such in my first game, but they are all marked off as completed in the new+ levels, so i'd say scrolls and seals transfer

ghsbe
09-11-2012, 04:28 PM
harder to see mostly, enemies pretty much don't appear unless you're looking at them dead on. if they get behind you they fade out, also sound rings seem to be gone and it's a bit harder to distract folks

The enemies also kill you in one shot. It seems like they are better at seeing you as well. That or perhaps I'm just walking in their lines of sight on account of the fading behind you nonsense. It's definitely more of a guessing game when you are hiding on walls and trying to throw traps. The sound rings of enemy steps still appear, and the sound ring that shows the noise you make upon breaking something still appear. The only ones that don't appear are the ones you produce by running (at least, those are the only ones I haven't noticed). It's not much harder at all.

Shiftie
09-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Basically
-You can't tell how much sound you're making (no "sonar" effect when you run)
-You can't see any enemy's view range, or listening range
-Enemies are more powerful
-You can't see behind you (just turn around every now and then)
-Everything carries over, but each level has it's score reset back to 0 (normal is unaffected)

I think that's everything.. I found the cardboard box very beneficial my 2nd run through because if you know you're about to be seen, you can quickly jump into the box until the person moves by you and then continue onwards. It's also hilarious to be a box. I used the mark of silence suit through just about every NG+ level, except for the first one or two.

ghsbe
09-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I've been using the same costume the whole game. I just use the normal ninja costume... I guess I'm boring like that. I'm on NG+ level 8 or so I think.

Mr Yac
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
i love the hunter suit best, 2 attack items is so much fun, i use the spike mines and the bugs

Shiftie
09-13-2012, 08:56 PM
i love the hunter suit best, 2 attack items is so much fun, i use the spike mines and the bugs

Yea, that was the other costume I used in NG+. I love the Oni mask that costume has.