PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it?

Dark Link IV
09-09-2012, 09:20 AM
So I played the Demo and I was impressed. Seems like a fun game.

But since these day's most arcade titles cost 1200msp (Must admit we get good content for it) I want to hear some other people's opinions before I am going to buy it.
If it was just a mere 800msp it would have bin a instant buy for me.

CaptainSwantoon
09-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I got it. I think games like this are worth the money and I like to reward developers when they make a good game. Seems like a good group of achievements as well which is always a bonus!

Shiftie
09-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I think it's amazing. Like a mix between Shank and Shadow Complex. Sick costumes, you can actually kill everyone, or sneak passed everyone depending on your style, ninja, + a cardboard box.

DROGTURIST
09-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Fantastic game worth every point! I liked Shank but this game is above and beyond anything they've ever done before.

Since Shank 2 came out just six months ago, I assumed this would be a short game with sloppy level design, something slapped together in a short time, but it's not. It's meaty, lengthy and the game design is thoroughly thought out the entire time.

Spock
09-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I'd definitely recommend it. There's a certain point in the game where I thought I was on the final mission and I was a little let down thinking it should have only been 800 points, but then I realized I was only about half way through. The length is pretty good for $15 and if you're like me, you'll actually enjoy the NG+ playthrough.

BUY IT.

Mr Yac
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
very enjoyable game, much better then anything released in the Summer of Arcade

ChickinOnaChain
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
So I played the Demo and I was impressed. Seems like a fun game.
This ^^^ sounds like you answered your own question. As for the cost, wait for it to go on sale, that is, if it does.

Shiftie
09-10-2012, 12:48 AM
It definitely gets even more fun as you play through the game,too.

hayabusaDGO
09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
just finished newgame+ and complete 400gs...but i want it more!:mad:
this game super fun! trust me.

DROGTURIST
09-10-2012, 07:49 AM
very enjoyable game, much better then anything released in the Summer of ArcadeLet's not get crazy now, Dust is at least just as good.

As for the cost, wait for it to go on sale, that is, if it does.Don't do that, guys. Anyone who can afford a computer to post on here with can afford to throw these guys a mere $15, and a game this good deserves to make a bit of money. XBLA is a tough enough market as it is, considering MS does a shit job of advertising it and so forth.

Mr Yac
09-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Let's not get crazy now, Dust is at least just as good.

i enjoyed dust, but had more fun with this one

Gageamatron
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I'd definitely recommend it. There's a certain point in the game where I thought I was on the final mission and I was a little let down thinking it should have only been 800 points, but then I realized I was only about half way through. The length is pretty good for $15 and if you're like me, you'll actually enjoy the NG+ playthrough.

BUY IT.

Yeah what was the point of the lady telling you it's "your final mission" only halfway in? Really threw me for a loop.

DROGTURIST
09-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Yeah what was the point of the lady telling you it's "your final mission" only halfway in? Really threw me for a loop.Because... SPOILERS!

The story of the game is that ninja of the Hisomu clan are bred for one mission and then they kill themselves for honor or whatever. Invading Hessian Castle and killing Karajan was supposed to be the main character's mission, but then they find out that the mission was a lie and that their clan leader is a traitor, so the mission becomes to take him out instead.

Dark Link IV
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I bought it :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I love arcade games but must make decisions between them since most of them are 1200 msp and I was up for a new title.

AgentOrange330
09-13-2012, 01:19 AM
This game is terrific and I'd agree with the folks saying it was better than the Summer of Arcade games. Dust was good but I'm enjoying this one much more. Also, you sir are correct. Asuras Wrath IS an underrated game...

andsoitgoes
09-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Let's not get crazy now, Dust is at least just as good.

Don't do that, guys. Anyone who can afford a computer to post on here with can afford to throw these guys a mere $15, and a game this good deserves to make a bit of money. XBLA is a tough enough market as it is, considering MS does a shit job of advertising it and so forth.

i enjoyed dust, but had more fun with this one

Agreed. Dust is pretty, but the voice work is questionable, and it's bogged down by itself lots of time.

mark of the ninja is just perfection. I started playing and didn't stop, I couldn't stop. It calls to you.

Which reminds me, I gotta go, NG+ isn't going to complete itself!

Homaz
09-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys, you convinced me to buy this game. Seems to be pretty nice.

Crash Geom
09-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Because... SPOILERS!

The story of the game is that ninja of the Hisomu clan are bred for one mission and then they kill themselves for honor or whatever. Invading Hessian Castle and killing Karajan was supposed to be the main character's mission, but then they find out that the mission was a lie and that their clan leader is a traitor, so the mission becomes to take him out instead.

Things like that are dangerous. Because if you budget 2 hours right before you sleep to complete the game.... and all of a sudden it's the next morning and..... haha no it didn't happen to me. But it has in other games.

supernumian
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Definitely worth the full price!
I enjoy this game so much and I think that is even better then Dust that is my second favorite XBLA!
That's a very very good game, more than some very bad retail title.

newbsicle
10-28-2012, 03:32 PM
I think it's pretty solid for an arcade game. The controls and mechanics are smooth, the artwork the game is done in looks great, so why not? It also takes two playthroughs to complete the achievements and there's tons of upgrades and unlockables you can buy.

If you see it on sale for 600msp I would definitely get it. Even at 1,200msp I feel like I got a game I will enjoy for several hours. Recently I spent nearly 3 times as much on dlc that took me only a few hours to complete.

*COUGH*MASSEFFECT2*COUGH*

With that said it's definitely worth the money in my opinion. Of course if you don't want to spend that much then just wait for it to go on sale. Arcade games seem to eventually always go on sale for short time.

M4V3R1CKfan11
12-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Today is the day to get this game. Half off on XBL. Enjoy!

Majica8
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Played the demo and loved it, got it yesterday when it was half price :D Awesome game, rivaling Trials HD/Evo as the best Arcade game.

Curnybop
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I bought this yesterday for 600 points. Absolute bargain, brilliant game!

oldhouse
12-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I bought this yesterday for 600 points. Absolute bargain, brilliant game!

Same here... Amazing, worth every penny

Ink129
12-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow... just wow! I like the Shank games, but I've got to admit that this game is a whole different caliber - simply amazing! Great ending too, imo.

No one should ever cheat themself of this experience :)

Prince of Plots
12-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I picked this up when it was on sale, great game.

AscendingSnow
12-22-2012, 11:38 PM
This is one of those "stop everything you're doing right now and play this game" type of games, if you haven't played it.

tunaleg
12-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Awesome game, rivaling Trials HD/Evo as the best Arcade game.

There is none greater than Trials Evo

tmnterminator
12-29-2012, 06:07 AM
This game had me ADDICTED...I rarely replay a game, but swung right into NEw Game Plus and it was a blast.

Polygon Pirate
01-10-2013, 04:17 AM
I missed the 1/2 price sale on the 21st of December and got this yesterday.
I don't mind paying full price though. Absolute brilliant game!

gurryd23
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I also bought the game and i think it was worth every last dime i paid for it and like i seen in other posts the achievements are pretty cool too!!!