PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking Friendly fire.

a7x4lyf3
09-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Needs to be turned off... For gods sake it just needs to be gone, I am so sick of the little whiner babies betraying you because you took a weapon/vehicle they wanted or they just feel like being a complete prick, and when you go to avenge yourself they get to boot you on your first time betraying them but you never get the option to boot them, if not taken out completely it NEEDS to be at least separated, make playlists where you can play with friendly fire off, cause I've had it. I love Halo to death, it's my favorite shooter, but this has been a problem that just needs to be taken care of so the people who actually want to enjoy their game without assholes ruining it for them, can...

Ty-Rex
09-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Nope.

Get friends. Suck less. Cry more.

Vectorman953
09-11-2012, 12:15 AM
I agree with you. I've never been completely sure why friendly fire was part of the game to begin with.
I can't even count how many times a team mate would melee me just to get my shields down so that I can get easily one-shoted by an enemy.

Although what would happen if I was in a tank, and shot a round at an allies warthog? Would it still move or be destroyed? Quite a few times I've been banned for accidental team kills with the tank.

a7x4lyf3
09-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Nope.

Get friends. Suck less. Cry more.I don't have many friends who like Halo and I'm not gonna seek them out just to enjoy a game, sucking or being skilled at the game gives you no power over being team killed or not, it's not like you can very well fight back cause the person will just kick you if you kill them, your logic fails here, crying about it? Not even close, this is a completely logical argument and I think they need to give options for people who don't feel like running into assholes on their team who kill them if you do something they don't like, nice try but you failed at all 3 suggestions, try again later.

a7x4lyf3
09-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I agree with you. I've never been completely sure why friendly fire was part of the game to begin with.
I can't even count how many times a team mate would melee me just to get my shields down so that I can get easily one-shoted by an enemy.

Although what would happen if I was in a tank, and shot a round at an allies warthog? Would it still move or be destroyed? Quite a few times I've been banned for accidental team kills with the tank.If I recall correctly in reach if FF was off the vehicle would just go flying and not be damaged, i know what you mean though, so many times an unfortunate teammate would walk in front of me at the precise moment when I would be shooting a one shot weapon, I kill them, they boot me...

Ty-Rex
09-11-2012, 12:51 AM
I don't have many friends who like Halo and I'm not gonna seek them out just to enjoy a game, sucking or being skilled at the game gives you no power over being team killed or not, it's not like you can very well fight back cause the person will just kick you if you kill them, your logic fails here, crying about it? Not even close, this is a completely logical argument and I think they need to give options for people who don't feel like running into assholes on their team who kill them if you do something they don't like, nice try but you failed at all 3 suggestions, try again later.
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg
keep crying baby

The Elite Elite
09-11-2012, 01:22 AM
I agree. There should be a playlist setup like COD has. Regular playlists with no FF, and hardcore playlists with FF on.

Moryii
09-11-2012, 01:37 AM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg
keep crying baby

If you're going to be just an unnecessary troll about this thread, then please vacate somewhere else thank you.

And in response to your other comment, we shouldn't play three games and all three we get betrayed in on purpose.

RBmaster9345
09-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Trolls will be trolls with or without friendly fire. Having it on in Halo means you cant just hold down the trigger around each corner. Also without it, where'd we get half the "Fails of the Weak" clips? There are some FUNNY betrayals man

Ham Woopan
09-11-2012, 02:20 AM
keep crying baby

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

Ty-Rex
09-11-2012, 02:54 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042
shit i got sick burned im outta this thread

piece

Ty-Rex
09-11-2012, 02:55 AM
If you're going to be just an unnecessary troll about this thread, then please vacate somewhere else thank you.
please stop being mean to me my feelings are hurt

plum
09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
They better have friendly fire if not then it's just not halo. I love driving in a warthog then I guy grenades me and fly over the map to crush my own team mate. So funny the random betrayels that happen

Moryii
09-11-2012, 05:39 PM
They better have friendly fire if not then it's just not halo. I love driving in a warthog then I guy grenades me and fly over the map to crush my own team mate. So funny the random betrayels that happen

Which is why the idea of a HC/non HC playlist like CoD should happen like that guy said.

Ty-Rex
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Which is why the idea of a HC/non HC playlist like CoD should happen like that guy said.
they should have a play list that has no guns in it because i dont think guns are fare when 1 guy has a sniper and i have a bmr

i hope bungie listens to its REAL FANS and impelments this changes accordianly.

niko da bos
09-11-2012, 09:12 PM
lol, this debate came up in the "reach bitching thread" and i thought Tylords response in that thread was very accurate.

Halo is totally different than Gears. Learning to not kill your teammates by accident with rockets or grenades is just a thing you need to learn to do in the game. Sure, you'll get assholes who will grief you, but even with friendly fire off you'll still get it.

Moral of the story, find a few people to play with always just play with them. Then if i random gets you kicked somehow, your friends can betray him a bunch of times.

just my opinion, but i have been a part of the halo community since H2. i really dont see this as a surefire way to stop the griefers. they will still be a douche, those types will always find ways to be unlikable. however, i did notice the problem got near unbearable for me with Reach. unless im playing with friends i dont touch that game, and havent for a long time.

part of that, i credit to the fact that their quit / betrayal punishment is basically a slap on the wrist. woohoo, go play campaign for 10 minutes then hope back on. as oppose to H3 you legit lost XP, which would hinder most people from 'acting a fool' :p.

ew no waaay, in my opinion thats the last thing they should do. lets divide the community even more and have core / hardcore playlists? why not have armor abilities / no armor ability playlist also, and one with no power weapons lol. same thing with those DLC playlists, useless. they are almost always deserted.

ReverendSID
09-11-2012, 10:18 PM
just my opinion, but i have been a part of the halo community since H2. i really dont see this as a surefire way to stop the griefers. they will still be a douche, those types will always find ways to be unlikable. however, i did notice the problem got near unbearable for me with Reach. unless im playing with friends i dont touch that game, and havent for a long time.

part of that, i credit to the fact that their quit / betrayal punishment is basically a slap on the wrist. woohoo, go play campaign for 10 minutes then hope back on. as oppose to H3 you legit lost XP, which would hinder most people from 'acting a fool' :p.

ew no waaay, in my opinion thats the last thing they should do. lets divide the community even more and have core / hardcore playlists? why not have armor abilities / no armor ability playlist also, and one with no power weapons lol. same thing with those DLC playlists, useless. they are almost always deserted.

I agree with most of what you said, in that assholes will be assholes no matter what. And I hate when my team quits and I'm left 1 v 4, as if I have a snowballs chance at that point. But in all honesty, I wouldn't mind a no Armor Ability playlist every once in awhile. Anniversary Classic can be fun sometimes.

Ty-Rex
09-11-2012, 10:22 PM
lol, this debate came up in the "reach bitching thread" and i thought Tylords response in that thread was very accurate.
I appreciate you crossposting my post from the bitching thread over here, but honestly, I haven't even cared enough to requote it here. This argument over whether friendly fire in Halo should be turned off is so goddamn old and tired at this point that I don't even want to dignify it with a response anymore.

The reason why friendly fire is enabled in Halo is just that it is an integral part of the game as much as the gimmicky weapons and shields are a part of the game. Learning to have awareness of what's going on around you and coordinating with your teammates is something that Halo has always promoted and has separated it from other FPS like CoD that have a lone gunman playstyle.

I don't have many friends who like Halo and I'm not gonna seek them out just to enjoy a game,
I don't see why if you enjoy a game so much you would not seek out other people who like it also. I mean, if you are aware that a solution to the problem you have exists, and you choose to ignore it, then you're the person at fault. If you so desperately don't want to go and find a few people to play the game with, then maybe stick to FFA gametypes like Rumble Pit or Infection. Maybe even play Multi-Team where you'll only have two other people who could possibly grief you for weapons.

sucking or being skilled at the game gives you no power over being team killed or not, it's not like you can very well fight back cause the person will just kick you if you kill them, your logic fails here,The 'suck less' part of my post was just to make it have a rhythm.
crying about it? Not even close, this is a completely logical argumentThe OP still reads like someone who just got kicked out of a game and had to yell on the internet. If this isn't the case, then w/e, I don't care.
and I think they need to give options for people who don't feel like running into assholes on their team who kill them if you do something they don't like,No, they don't have to do anything. Like niko said above, the multitude of playlists already divides the community pretty badly, and adding another niche game mode isn't necessary.
nice try but you failed at all 3 suggestions, try again later.I really only had one suggestion; get friends. I'm sure you're a pretty charming guy, so I don't see the problem. I'm telling you, just get like one or two people to play with you, and it's amazing how non-existent this problem becomes.

I really never had this griefing problem that seems to plague the Halo community. If I get a sniper and some asshole on my team starts shooting me to take it, most of the time, I'll just drop the thing because it's not worth the time or effort to try and play around them. Usually they will end up dying anyway because they suck. Bad people are the only people who ever bother griefing. I play this game a lot, but I still play it pretty casually for the most part. I don't let shit get to me when I'm playing and if I intend on taking the game seriously, I don't play with randoms anyway.

And yeah, even with friendly fire off, people will still throw grenades at you to mess up your aim. Assholes will always be assholes no matter what.

ReverendSID
09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Personally, I love the bad luck and your own fault betrayals. They make some funny damned clips. Like when one guy's backing away from an enemy and chucks a grenade, and his teammate runs right past him into the grenade he just threw. Or the mongoose that rolls right between the Scorpian and it's target at just the wrong moment.

Of course, they do need to work on the betrayal kicking options. The guy who betrays three people and none of them get the option to boot him, while at the same time one betrayal can get other folks booted. I'm just not sure what the conditions for that prompt coming up are, and that's slightly annoying.

DxxxRules
09-11-2012, 11:38 PM
I hate all that hard work that goes into CTF. Like really I finally get the flag cause my team is busy 'goaltending' and get close to returning it to base, then a teammate kills me, picks up the flag, then scores like wtf

DEG23
09-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Learning to have awareness of what's going on around you and coordinating with your teammates is something that Halo has always promoted and has separated it from other FPS like CoD that have a lone gunman playstyle.

This would be my argument as to why FF show stay as it is. One of the reasons i stopped playing COD is because on TDM it seemed to be every man for himself, i don't want that infecting Halo.

Now i could just be lucky but i have never had any problem with FF apart from the occasional friend accidentally killing me then following it up with an apology. My advice to anyone that detests FF is find a group of people who aren't assholes and play with them, that's what i did.

Kaiyo
09-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Do FFA then so there won't be any FF since you kill everyone and they kill you.

niko da bos
09-13-2012, 05:09 PM
This would be my argument as to why FF show stay as it is. One of the reasons i stopped playing COD is because on TDM it seemed to be every man for himself, i don't want that infecting Halo.

case and point, teammwork (call outs, team-shot ect) is always something i loved about halo. sure one guy going 30-5 can carry a team, but an entire squad working together is much more effective. it kind of defeats the whole purpose of a "team" when everybody is doing their own thing.

like 'kaiyo' said you can always plays FFA to avoid the betrayal / griefing issue. lol, however i was never too much of a free for all person myself. i always have to watch flanks everywhere, and there tends to be a lot of trading (kill for a kill).

Robobeast76
09-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Do FFA then so there won't be any FF since you kill everyone and they kill you.

This is what I do. If you go into Halo as a random expect random results

GIitch
09-15-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't think FF should be turned off. It is a part of Halo that should stay. It would also ruin some good clips if there was no FF.

Jet1337
09-15-2012, 09:02 AM
They need FF off for griftball. I'm tired of fucking faggots on my team killing me because I'm so god damn good.

a7x4lyf3
09-15-2012, 03:25 PM
They need FF off for griftball. I'm tired of fucking faggots on my team killing me because I'm so god damn good.Yeeea... THAT'S why they kill you...

Homaz
09-15-2012, 03:35 PM
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120915/bzn7lzl6.jpg

a7x4lyf3
09-15-2012, 04:18 PM
A HALO REACH BETRAYAL MONTAGE (With Live Reactions) - YouTube This is the exact reason why something needs to be done about it... Not too fun when you're trying to enjoy the game.

Ty-Rex
09-15-2012, 06:27 PM
try again later.
Mr. Avenged Sevenfold For Life, I have tried again as per your request. Can you please refute my points now?

a7x4lyf3
09-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Mr. Avenged Sevenfold For Life, I have tried again as per your request. Can you please refute my points now?Can you just give it a rest already? You're acting like a child with this just attempting to be a lousy troll, I'm done responding to you if all you're gonna do is be an ass.

Ty-Rex
09-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Can you just give it a rest already? You're acting like a child with this just attempting to be a lousy troll, I'm done responding to you if all you're gonna do is be an ass.
Um... Responding to your post with a long serious post is trolling?

People have gotten really loose with what they consider trolling. Back in my day trolling was a art.

Edit: It's fine if you never want to reply to my posts also. It's not like I care about the thoughts of someone who unironically made their forum name "a7x4lyf3". I was just annoyed by your smug, dismissive attitude.

a7x4lyf3
09-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Um... Responding to your post with a long serious post is trolling?

People have gotten really loose with what they consider trolling. Back in my day trolling was a art.

Edit: It's fine if you never want to reply to my posts also. It's not like I care about the thoughts of someone who unironically made their forum name "a7x4lyf3". I was just annoyed by your smug, dismissive attitude.Refer to your first post that started all this and tell me you're not being a troll, if not a troll at least an ass, and get over my name, I apologize not everyone can be named after something that suits your preferences, I have no smug dismissive attitude, I'm just not a big fan of jerks is all, you can make yourself out to be the person who's higher than most, but in the end this is just a pointless internet conversation that leads us nowhere.

Ty-Rex
09-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Refer to your first post that started all this and tell me you're not being a troll, if not a troll at least an ass, and get over my name, I apologize not everyone can be named after something that suits your preferences, I have no smug dismissive attitude, I'm just not a big fan of jerks is all, you can make yourself out to be the person who's higher than most, but in the end this is just a pointless internet conversation that leads us nowhere.
It's amazing how dead on I was with that baby picture.

The Bum-Mobile
09-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, no. Griefers are griefers; it's what they do. Halo has friendly fire, that's just how it is. I recall being given the option to kick players who betray you, so you can do that when they kill you because you took their gun or whatever. I agree with the guy with the GIF signature. The game itself works well with friendly fire, as I think most games do. It makes you think a little more rather than just spam grenades or rockets or whatever.

Vectorman953
09-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm actually going to modify/clarify my viewpoint:
I think friendly fire should stay...

...but I think that they really need to work on the booting system. Or at least explain what it is that differenciates between an accidental and purposefull teamkill.

Burnout x360a
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
I've never had a issue with FF, obviously accidents happen but otherwise just boot out griefers.

a7x4lyf3
09-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I've never had a issue with FF, obviously accidents happen but otherwise just boot out griefers.If it were only that simple most games, I can get betrayed about 2-3 times and still not have the booting option come up for me, and if I get betrayed on accident and I know it was an accident the option usually comes up, I never boot my teammate out if I know it was an accident, but that's the thing I get booted for the most is accidental team killing, just the other day i hijacked a Wraith and planted a grenade onto it while my teammate was behind me, after I plant the nade he jumps onto the wraith and it explodes counting as me betraying him, few seconds later my screen turns black and I'm back at the menu screen saying I was booted... It's that kind of thing I am complaining about the most.

niko da bos
09-17-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm actually going to modify/clarify my viewpoint:
I think friendly fire should stay...

...but I think that they really need to work on the booting system. Or at least explain what it is that differenciates between an accidental and purposefull teamkill.

If it were only that simple most games, I can get betrayed about 2-3 times and still not have the booting option come up for me, and if I get betrayed on accident and I know it was an accident the option usually comes up, I never boot my teammate out if I know it was an accident, but that's the thing I get booted for the most is accidental team killing, just the other day i hijacked a Wraith and planted a grenade onto it while my teammate was behind me, after I plant the nade he jumps onto the wraith and it explodes counting as me betraying him, few seconds later my screen turns black and I'm back at the menu screen saying I was booted... It's that kind of thing I am complaining about the most.

this is just my general experience, playing halo online for quite a while now. i quoted my post in the 'halo reach bitching thread,' in a discussion we had about friendly fire.

it is pretty flawed, but in my opinion if you have had enough experience with halo it is easily exploited. i understand how angry you probably got that you mirrored what that griefer did, only you got booted and he didnt. it used to piss me off to no end, then i started to test out different scenarios.

after getting betrayed so many times for vehicles / power weapons eventually i started to 'perfect' the system. basically i trick the game into thinking i killed that teammate by accident, weather that be shaky accuracy or just prolonging the damage taken. a sure fire way (usually) is when they are whining about the sniper, do a quick twitch and headshot them for a betrayal.

dont get me wrong, i am a team player who usually goes positive + has the most assists. but when it comes to griefers whining about weapons and vehicles, i just cannot stand it. i could care less if you have THE sniper or THE rockets / tank. notice i said THE, not MINE, because its on the map for everybody.. lol i actually pick up and give snipers to my buddies who are good with it, cause i can admit they will easily outplay me with a sniper.

gig
09-18-2012, 02:18 AM
I like the friendly fire system, especially in infection cause when I run out of ammo or my friend he kills me for more

Kaiyo
09-18-2012, 02:26 AM
The issue is not the friendly fire but rather the booting system.

DEG23
09-18-2012, 02:51 AM
The problem with the booting system is it only takes a little power to mess everything up and it is a fine line between a solid system and a deeply flawed system.

Trying to define what makes a 'legit' accidental kill is difficult. Like i mentioned earlier, the few times i have been betrayed it has been by a teammate who immediately apologized. However given the context of the kill, if he hadn't apologized then i probably thought he was only caring about his own kills.

Now i consider myself a nice guy and i only game for fun so i don't care if someone betrays me, however there are people out there who would interpret my honest accident as a vicious attack and wouldn't hesitate to boot me even if i apologized.

If i were working at 343 i would be very nervous trying to implement a solid booting system.

ReverendSID
09-18-2012, 04:40 AM
The problem with the booting system is it only takes a little power to mess everything up and it is a fine line between a solid system and a deeply flawed system.

Trying to define what makes a 'legit' accidental kill is difficult. Like i mentioned earlier, the few times i have been betrayed it has been by a teammate who immediately apologized. However given the context of the kill, if he hadn't apologized then i probably thought he was only caring about his own kills.

Now i consider myself a nice guy and i only game for fun so i don't care if someone betrays me, however there are people out there who would interpret my honest accident as a vicious attack and wouldn't hesitate to boot me even if i apologized.

If i were working at 343 i would be very nervous trying to implement a solid booting system.
You're not wrong, it is a hard definition. But I've been in games where one guy has killed the same teammate 3 times and at least tried to kill, if not succeeded the others, and no one ever gets the option to boot him. And on the other side of it, one accidental kill and I get booted before I even have a chance to apologize. What triggers the boot option doesn't seem to be at all consistent.

And then there are the people that try to aggravate you to the point that you kill them just so they can boot you. Constantly shooting you in the back, or meleeing you just to take your shields down so the other team can kill you. It can get pretty bad sometimes.

Now, I've never intentionally killed a member of my own team (though I have been tempted occasionally) but there have certainly been times where I felt no remorse at all when it happened. As I've said before I just can't help laughing when I'm backpedaling away from enemies throwing grenades and a teammate runs full speed right into them. I'm sorry, but that's just funny to me. And I've actually never gotten booted when that happened, even the time it happened twice in one game. Either the game didn't give them the option cause it knew it was their own fault, or they chose not to do it cause they knew it was their own fault.... Somehow I think the game knowing seems more likely. ;)

Tsaako
09-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I have to admit, I have my fair share of friendly fire moments, I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is the boot system for betraying. So many times I've accidently killed a team-mate whilst trying to kill an enemy. Then the immature 12 year old boots.

Although saying that, I am a bit of a hypocrit. Some guy was in a tank, I was trying to get on the turret and he accidently shot me. I booted him cause I wanted the tank first.

a7x4lyf3
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I probably should have been more specific with my past posts, I am not so much complaining about the friendly fire, which is still a bit annoying... This thread was mainly suppose to be about how bad the booting system is but at the same time it's good. Like I said previously, I find myself being booted out of games far more for just accidental team killing, because I never intentionally kill someone, even if they are being an ass and shooting my shields down because I don't wanna be booted, unfortunately I don't think there ever will be a fair booting system whether you kill someone on accident or not, it's always going to be "you betrayed that teammate, you're outta here"

Snowed
09-18-2012, 09:14 PM
That video above is just not funny. It would have been funny when I was 15.

a7x4lyf3
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
That video above is just not funny. It would have been funny when I was 15.There's no video on this page...?

ReverendSID
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
That video above is just not funny. It would have been funny when I was 15.

There's no video on this page...?
Post 29 in the thread is a video. And I agree, it's not funny. Accidental betrayal videos - ie warthogs flipping across the map from enemy fire and splattering teammates - are kind of funny. But the intentional griefing isn't.

a7x4lyf3
09-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Post 29 in the thread is a video. And I agree, it's not funny. Accidental betrayal videos - ie warthogs flipping across the map from enemy fire and splattering teammates - are kind of funny. But the intentional griefing isn't.Oh, yes that was the video I posted but it was on page 1 not this page, I posted that to show why something needed to be done, I wasn't trying to be funny, did you not read my text along with it?

ReverendSID
09-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh, yes that was the video I posted but it was on page 1 not this page, I posted that to show why something needed to be done, I wasn't trying to be funny, did you not read my text along with it?
Honestly, I don't remember if I read it or not. I didn't read it today when I went back to see where it was. I didn't even notice that you were the one who posted it this time. :p I was just scrolling through looking for an embedded video and then looked right to see the post number. Never even glanced left.

Xenoes
09-20-2012, 06:11 AM
I don't care if FF is on or not but, if they do have it on I think there should be a harsher punishment for team killing. Obviously it would have to be a decent amount of betrayals to get a severe punishment because I know accidents happen and some people don't care if it was or not and will boot ASAP when they get the prompt no questions asked which is very aggravating. But that's one of the down falls about playing with Randoms. One feature I'm very glad they're finally implementing is the ability to join other people's games like in CoD. So no more getting a team full of quitters and being fucked the rest of the game and either getting your k/d ruined or being forced to quit.

Ty-Rex
09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
One feature I'm very glad they're finally implementing is the ability to join other people's games like in CoD. So no more getting a team full of quitters and being fucked the rest of the game and either getting your k/d ruined or being forced to quit.
I totally forgot this was a thing in Halo 4.

I hope it doesn't lead to having people quit once they are down 5 kills in the first few minutes of the game. I guess at least whoever is left in the game could quit also if it got too hard to keep playing.

Darkforce412
09-20-2012, 04:43 PM
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120915/bzn7lzl6.jpg

funny but how about this suppose u get a sniper rifle ur like oh cool i should do well with this. Then ur on a killing spree then killing frenzy and one more till running riot and perfection cuz ur team is winning and u havent died yet. Then all of a sudden boom ur team mate kills u and starts to tea bag u and stills ur weapon and u would have gotten an awesome score all becuz some jerk wanted a new toy to play with. Im sorry but friendly fire just really sucks and this shit happens to me like all the time. so ppl that think friendly fire is fine, u obviously have never been betrayed as much or have all ur friends to back u up. So thats why it sucks, and it just kills the fun out of it.

niko da bos
09-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I totally forgot this was a thing in Halo 4.

I hope it doesn't lead to having people quit once they are down 5 kills in the first few minutes of the game. I guess at least whoever is left in the game could quit also if it got too hard to keep playing.

at first i didnt know how to feel about that change. especially since like you mentioned, it could turn into CoD games where kids just drop out once they start going negative.

but then i remember all those "big team battle" matches, ya big team.. lol you're lucky if the games ends with a 8v8, it really sucks when that one guy leaves who had like 2-3 guests on your team.

funny but how about this suppose u get a sniper rifle ur like oh cool i should do well with this. Then ur on a killing spree then killing frenzy and one more till running riot and perfection cuz ur team is winning and u havent died yet. Then all of a sudden boom ur team mate kills u and starts to tea bag u and stills ur weapon and u would have gotten an awesome score all becuz some jerk wanted a new toy to play with. Im sorry but friendly fire just really sucks and this shit happens to me like all the time. so ppl that think friendly fire is fine, u obviously have never been betrayed as much or have all ur friends to back u up. So thats why it sucks, and it just kills the fun out of it.

ya that does suck, and i agree in that situation you have every right to be pissed. but those types are douches regardless man, even if he couldnt kill you. he probably would follow you around, stand in front of your sights, annoy you in any way possible.

the people that really annoy me are the ones who think they are clever, by breaking your shields and letting the enemy get the kill.. some of the community on this game are just so bad. on halo reach i ended up using my default loadout most of the time, god forbid i pick up a damn plasma pistol.. the whole team griefs and whines about their weapon / vehicle being taken.

vahalla / hemorrhage race for the sniper is case point, look at how many times it turns into a whine fest of people shooting and nading eachother. pathetic.