PDA

View Full Version : Which Is Harder? Ninja Gaiden 2 or Ninja Gaiden 3?

Azrael008uk
09-11-2012, 04:33 PM
So if you're going to complete everything which game is harder?

"Ninja Gaiden 2" or "Ninja Gaiden 3"?

I appreciate that "harder" isn't necessarily the same as "better" but I'm curious to know what people think.

Az

aps42
09-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I'll take this one. After having played and completed NGII and NG3 on their highest difficulties (Master Ninja for II and Ultimate Ninja for 3) I'd say it's difficult to compare. Strictly talking about the campaign, Ninja Gaiden II requires more skill than 3, on Ultimate Ninja difficulty in NG3, you have no choice but to decide from a very limited move set to see you by. NG3 was better on easier difficulties to play, it didn't play very well on Master Ninja or Ultimate Ninja, it lost its "flow" if you know what i mean and as a result was less fun as you bump it up. NG2 on the other hand handles the difficulty thing much better and you have a huge variety of options to approaching fights in comparison to II. I'd say Ninja Gaiden 3 will make you more frustrated and it's not very enjoyable. Ninja Gaiden II leaves you feeling satisfied after a battle on Master Ninja, like you have overcome a great challenge and in general is the better game in my and most other peoples opinions. That's my take on it anyway.

ChickinOnaChain
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I've never played NG 3 because NG 2 was so damn difficult. Great looking game but good grief it was hard. I screamed at the TV so much, my wife started looking for help sites for me. I can't imagine 3 being as hard as 2 was...to me anyway.

Azrael008uk
09-13-2012, 09:47 AM
You might enjoy "Ninja Gaiden 3" then because it certainly seems more accessible at the Normal levels.

Thanks for the reply above.

That was my impression upon reading between the lines of the discussion threads.

Az

Zero619
09-14-2012, 05:33 AM
NG 3 is downright cheap and not even enjoyable on harder difficulties, it's wave after wave after wave after wave of cheap enemies who do nothing but grab you. NG 2 was stupid hard but it was fun :) NG 3 has some trials that are near impossible unless you are a god at it. It's taken some NG veterans weeks to complete just one trial lol

Soul Shiftah
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2 is def harder....3 is just annoying.

The Koffin Kat
10-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2 was a lot harder. The enemies seemed a lot more aggressive. The enemies in the Ninja Gaiden 3 just kinda kept distance from you and blocked a lot. So yeah, Ninja Gaiden 2.