PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Limited Edition Preorder?

SAM 602
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows why you can't preorder the limited version of the game anymore?

I went to pay for my Assassins Creed 3 and Halo 4 limitied edition online and noticed that Halo 4 was missing from my cart and it says now that is is not available at this time.

This sucks because I'm in the military and currently deployed should be stateside by launch of Halo 4 hopefully but wanted to get it reserved for sure. Not sure what is going on.

I can still preorder esle where but I mean I get power up rewards at gamestop and go there all the time anyways.

Thanks for any insight. Hopefully it's just temp...

ReverendSID
09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, my first guess would be that Gamestop has sold it's allotment for Limited Edition pre-orders. If you really want the LE, order it from one of those other places before they sell out too.

a7x4lyf3
09-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Either there was an issue with the site and it was taken off for a while, sometimes that happens, but most likely Gamestop has sold out of their Limited Edition copies so either try waiting for it to show back up, go to the store and find out if it's really sold out, or buy it somewhere else. This is why I usually like to pay my stuff off as soon as I possibly can, my Limited Edition is all paid off waiting for me to pick it up on November 6th (:

SAM 602
09-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Either there was an issue with the site and it was taken off for a while, sometimes that happens, but most likely Gamestop has sold out of their Limited Edition copies so either try waiting for it to show back up, go to the store and find out if it's really sold out, or buy it somewhere else. This is why I usually like to pay my stuff off as soon as I possibly can, my Limited Edition is all paid off waiting for me to pick it up on November 6th (:

I guess I didn't realize that they only had a limited amount online...

I would love to walk into a gamestop and ask but alas I'm in the Military and deployed overseas right now so the fact that I'm able to get on internet these last few days has been a miracle.

Only got about another day or so before I'm without internet so I suppose I'll have to order elsewhere. I was hoping to do it with gamestop for the rewards and I kinda liked the forest armor skin... I could get standard to get the bonus and limited elsewhere but that's just a lot of work just for an armor skin and then have two copies of the game.

Since the internet blows pretty bad here I have a hard time loading and seeing what the other armor skins look like. So not sure which would be the next best to go with.

Are there any vendors that also giving the weapon skin with the armor skin bonus?

Thanks for help guys.

ZingZitang
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Are there any vendors that also giving the weapon skin with the armor skin bonus?

Thanks for help guys.

Amazon, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store all have their own Pre-Order Bonuses.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=371804

To save you some of your limited time, Here is Amazons Halo 4 page:
Amazon.com: Halo 4 Limited Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games

Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Halo-4%3A-Limited-Edition---Xbox-360/5297789.p?id=1218631451232&skuId=5297789

Microsoft Store:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/Halo-4-Limited-Edition-for-Xbox-360/productID.251269800

Hopefully you can get it pre-ordered.

Blink
09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Here on Amazon U.K you can't pre-order the LE anymore. I guess everyone has a specific quota.

OceanH
09-13-2012, 01:31 AM
They actually made it in limited number this time?!

SAM 602
09-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Here on Amazon U.K you can't pre-order the LE anymore. I guess everyone has a specific quota.

They actually made it in limited number this time?!

I guess they did limit the number, and since Gamestop is currently no longer has it available online and with Amazon U.K. out (not sure if that means U.S. is soon to follow) I decided to get on the ball and pre-order.

So I went with Best Buy... Mostly because I can't get the other sites to load out here in the desert but Best Buy Mobile and Amazon and I really don't like the armor skin that Amazon has as a bonus... it looks too much like spider man and he is pry my least favorite super hero next to aqua man.

Little bummed that I didn't get the forest skin for the armor but I guess it is what it is.

I'm a little worried that Halo 4 is trying to add to much stuff in multiplayer it's like they are adding stuff from Gears and COD to make a "Gears of Duty Halo Warfare" hybrid game.

Most of it is when I saw the weapon video with the new SAW I thought of COD MW and how much I'm going to hate people that run and get the SAW and chew people up. I'm sure they balanced it with a long reload time but the rate of fire looked pretty high which wouldn't be bad if the round dispersion didn't look so focused. Maybe small burst are accurate and sustained starts going wild… IDK the video just made it look overpowered and all the benefits of tearing off a turret without the slow movement speed.

Got a little off topic, either way I'm excited for the game, campaign, spartan ops, and I'll pry enjoy multi too despite my small objections to some things...

Thanks for the help gents.

The Detective
09-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I pre ordered mine at my local GameStop no problem like 2 days ago. That sucks Sam, hopefully you end up finding a copy.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-13-2012, 10:06 PM
can you use a debit card to preorder online?
also there might be a slim chance that gamestop might get some more from M$ but its unlikely.

theNomad
09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I thought without a Collectors Edition they'd have done unlimited quantities of the LE, especially with it having the future map content included. Glad I ordered my LE copy day of the announce from ShopTo UK because Amazon UK took weeks to list it. Then again all I get extra for ordering with them is an exclusive in-game emblem.

If you're happy to get the LE online without the fancy packaging theres a neat bundle of in-game content from XBL.

Here’s the list of exclusive Halo 4 Limited Edition digital content that will be downloadable through Xbox LIVE:
Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour
Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin
Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
Prime” In-Game Emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armour
Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-15-2012, 03:51 AM
I thought without a Collectors Edition they'd have done unlimited quantities of the LE, especially with it having the future map content included. Glad I ordered my LE copy day of the announce from ShopTo UK because Amazon UK took weeks to list it. Then again all I get extra for ordering with them is an exclusive in-game emblem.

If you're happy to get the LE online without the fancy packaging theres a neat bundle of in-game content from XBL.

Here’s the list of exclusive Halo 4 Limited Edition digital content that will be downloadable through Xbox LIVE:
Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour
Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin
Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
Prime” In-Game Emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armour
Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop

also includes the halo 4 season pass which gives you 2 helmets

SAM 602
09-15-2012, 08:27 AM
also includes the halo 4 season pass which gives you 2 helmets

What is the season pass? I know they did that for gears but I never got it because I wasn't a big gears online player.

I'll pry do this for Halo 4 but I guess I just see it as another way for them to get money, cause now not only do you have to make sure you have Gold membership... now you have to get the season pass too...

Then again I could be completely wrong as I really have no clue what season pass means...

OceanH
09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
What is the season pass? I know they did that for gears but I never got it because I wasn't a big gears online player.

I'll pry do this for Halo 4 but I guess I just see it as another way for them to get money, cause now not only do you have to make sure you have Gold membership... now you have to get the season pass too...

Then again I could be completely wrong as I really have no clue what season pass means...

Same as when you buy a season pass for sports tickets that gets you a seat for all and every games during that season. For video games, you pay one shot for all and every future DLCs in advance. You save a bit of money compared to if you would have bought them individually.

SAM 602
09-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Same as when you buy a season pass for sports tickets that gets you a seat for all and every games during that season. For video games, you pay one shot for all and every future DLCs in advance. You save a bit of money compared to if you would have bought them individually.

So I'm guessing that season pass would mean you get to download weapons and armor skin packs along with map packs and not have to pay (besides the season pass price)?

Oh ok well then in that case sounds pretty good so if you get the LE you automatically get season pass... sounds pretty good deal if thats the case...

anorexicwes
09-15-2012, 02:23 PM
So I'm guessing that season pass would mean you get to download weapons and armor skin packs along with map packs and not have to pay (besides the season pass price)?

Oh ok well then in that case sounds pretty good so if you get the LE you automatically get season pass... sounds pretty good deal if thats the case...

Well he is somewhat wrong on the amount of DLC you get. It's only the first three DLC map packs that are released. Usually a season pass gives you all the DLC, like Battlefield premium, but not in this case. It comes with the limited edition, if you did not know that. There will be plenty of content though with all of the weekly Spartan Ops missions.

Vectorman953
09-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Not to be "that guy," but could we be a source on that "season pass" thing?
Especially with the two additional helmets.

I know you get the 3 map packs (for "free") when they come out, but that isn't exactly a season pass. You're getting them if you purchased the LE of the game. I have never seen the Season Pass terminology used in discussions about halo.

And if it's a season pass for the Spartan Ops, I don't think they revealed pricing information, just how frequently the updates are going to be.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM

I know you get the 3 map packs (for "free") when they come out, but that isn't exactly a season pass. You're getting them if you purchased the LE of the game. I have never seen the Season Pass terminology used in discussions about halo.

And if it's a season pass for the Spartan Ops, I don't think they revealed pricing information, just how frequently the updates are going to be.

that is a season pass, buy (or obtain) it once get all of the dlc.

halo 3 had 3 dlc drops.
Reach had 3 dlc drops.
we can assume halo 4 will do the same

ReverendSID
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM

They're actually calling it the "War Games Map Pass" and yes it comes with the LE for no additional charge, but it's also available separately for $25 (a $5 savings from buying the 3 of them separately I believe).

Sources:
Shack News (http://www.shacknews.com/article/75300/halo-4-war-games-pass-to-be-available-separately)
MP1st (http://mp1st.com/2012/08/17/halo-4-war-games-dlc-pass-sold-separately-new-specialization-armor-and-weapon-images/)
Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a405621/halo-4-return-of-the-forerunners-trailer-watch.html) - It's toward the end of the article but it's there.

And my understanding is that the Map Pass you can buy seperately is exactly what's in the LE, so the helmets and emblem should be included in the LE.

Vectorman953
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification guys.

I figured they'd do a deal for the map packs outside of the LE, but I think something was just getting lost in translation when I was reading some of those other posts.
To clarify what I meant, when I read Season Pass I was thinking this was in ADDITION to buying the three map packs at once. Like campaign DLC (which is unheard of for Halo) or Spartan Ops, which is why I was so confused.

I don't think the other bonuses (the helmets) are going to be included in the pass. With all previous Halo releases, the DLC came on those prepaid cards. Although that never dealt with in-game content, just avatar stuff. I forgot that they gave away the Recon helmet for Reach