PDA

View Full Version : NEW 10 min. ViDOC: Return Of The Forerunners!

MixMaker1
09-13-2012, 12:12 AM
!!!

Halo 4 - Return of the Forerunners ViDoc - YouTube

Ty-Rex
09-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Forerunners?

More like...

BORErunners!

I got bored watching that video is what I'm saying. Vidocs don't do anything for me.

LickableLemons7
09-13-2012, 01:24 AM
I prefer "A Hero Awakens" over this, I must've watched that ViDoc 12 times. This one felt like a rehash of stuff I already knew. The vocals/chanting were putting me off too, I couldn't masturbate to this.

MixMaker1
09-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Forerunners?

More like...

BORErunners!

I got bored watching that video is what I'm saying. Vidocs don't do anything for me.
I'd suggest reading the books. And alongside the Forerunners are the covenant, with some twists.

fastNcurious
09-13-2012, 02:39 AM

Same here. Wish I hadn't watched it. They need to do videos with more wow factor. Save the vidocs for after the game releases, imo.

Vectorman953
09-13-2012, 05:46 AM
I read the books, and I've gotta say: I REALLY did not picture the forerunners or Prometheans looking anything like that.

I understand that I'm fighting them, so they should look evil, but I think they overdid it.

Save the vidocs for after the game releases, imo.
You think so too? I always got the "on disc, hour 16 nothing left to talk about" commentary kind of vibe about the vidocs. Interesting, maybe; but definitely not engaging.

MixMaker1
09-13-2012, 05:52 AM
I read the books, and I've gotta say: I REALLY did not picture the forerunners or Prometheans looking anything like that.
This is something I will tend to agree with you on. That being said, there may be a reason (Composer) that these particular ones look and act like this.

ZingZitang
09-13-2012, 07:12 PM

*I am unable to watch the Video, so if anything I say below is contradicted in the Video, just say so.

These creatures are not the Real Forerunners or Prometheans, but only synthetics/robots(Like sentinels). So we still don't know what the Real Forerunners Look like.

MixMaker1
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
These creatures are not the Real Forerunners or Prometheans, but only synthetics/robots(Like sentinels). So we still don't know what the Real Forerunners Look like.
We don't know this for sure - but it is implied with hints of Composer being in the achievement list and the reference that it's HOW the Covenant and Forerunners join sides that will surprise people the most.

Vectorman953
09-14-2012, 02:12 AM
We don't know this for sure - but it is implied with hints of Composer being in the achievement list and the reference that it's HOW the Covenant and Forerunners join sides that will surprise people the most.

I guess I just wasn't paying attention when they mentioned that part. That makes me slightly happier regarding their appearance, but I think it's pretty bullshit in terms of "fight the planets security system lol it's so advanced" and the fact that we don't have a visual representation of what the forerunners look like besides Halo Legends which is pseudo-canon.
But didn't the video say that they wanted the creatures to feel really evolved and superior to humans? And why would they call a robot fighting task force the same thing as their highest/elite military personnel

Well seeing as how in the E3 trailer showed one of the Prometheans vaporizing one of the elites (before you can eliminate the ENTIRE rouge squadron of covanent, shortly after taking control of the chief), it will be interesting to say the least.

While it wouldnt really be ironic until Halo 5 came out, I think it would be funny if everyone was like "humanity is a virus and should be purged" and then the flood and precursor shows up and wreck everyone's shit. And then it's a race to try to remember how the humans (forerunner era) found a cure to beat the flood.

And to everyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, read the goddamn books/wiki!

MixMaker1
09-14-2012, 05:22 AM
I think their tasked with defending the Didact. Because whatever the Precursors have in store - they won't "test" humanity until the Forerunners are back in the picture imo.

Promethans are tasked with defending the Didact's Cryptum and keeping it from being opened. That's my theory, at least.

ReverendSID
09-14-2012, 07:45 AM

Well, I'm personally gonna go out on a limb and say that the Crawlers and Watchers at least are NOT actual Forerunners. I don't care what the video says about them not being robots, they sure as hell LOOK like artificial constructs. For that matter, the Knight's don't look all that Organic either, with their floating disconnected limbs and they way the disintegrate upon death. No matter how you kill them... They look pretty technological to me. *shrug* Guess we'll find out for sure in November.

And to everyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, read the goddamn books/wiki!
I'm working on it! Only up to chapter 10 of Contact Harvest though. I've been busy :( I still got time before November 6th though!

MixMaker1
09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, I'm personally gonna go out on a limb and say that the Crawlers and Watchers at least are NOT actual Forerunners. I don't care what the video says about them not being robots, they sure as hell LOOK like artificial constructs. For that matter, the Knight's don't look all that Organic either, with their floating disconnected limbs and they way the disintegrate upon death. No matter how you kill them... They look pretty technological to me. *shrug* Guess we'll find out for sure in November.
Yup, almost as if they were... wait for it... composed.

See what I did there?

ReverendSID
09-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Yup, almost as if they were... wait for it... composed.

See what I did there?
*facepalm*:weirdo

theNomad
09-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Whats up with you all I had a smile on my face the whole clip, like I was a kid waiting to open his gifts on xmas. Love the look of the promethean knights and how they spawn watchers that throw stickies back at ya.

That said I've not been overkilling myself on Halo news & videos like most guys here have probably been doing. Not played Reach in months and I've been letting 3-4 weeks pass before catching up on fresh 4 news.

plum
09-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I enjoyed watching that ALOT. It's great seeing the new enimies and the beautiful scenery, I have to say it could beat halo 3 campaign and get the crown of best halo campaign/best campaign on xbox. Can not wait

MixMaker1
09-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I enjoyed watching that ALOT. It's great seeing the new enimies and the beautiful scenery, I have to say it could beat halo 3 campaign and get the crown of best halo campaign/best campaign on xbox. Can not wait
Agreed. This looks insane. I think if they can nail the story, we're in for a treat. As the mystique of the Forerunners looks to be nailed perfectly.

Can't wait for the Atmosphere :D

Ty-Rex
09-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Whats up with you all I had a smile on my face the whole clip, like I was a kid waiting to open his gifts on xmas.
See, you're analogy is wrong because a kid on Christmas morning gets to open his presents in a few minutes and play with them.

A better analogy would be a kid with asshole parents who set up a Christmas tree November 1st and put the presents out but tell the kid he can't open them for two months.

This is why I don't like vidocs and am bitter about my childhood.

ReverendSID
09-14-2012, 10:55 PM
See, you're analogy is wrong because a kid on Christmas morning gets to open his presents in a few minutes and play with them.

A better analogy would be a kid with asshole parents who set up a Christmas tree November 1st and put the presents out but tell the kid he can't open them for two months.

This is why I don't like vidocs and am bitter about my childhood.
And this is why I hate Christmas. And birthdays. If you're gonna give me something, just give it to me. Don't wrap it in wasteful, garish paper and tell me I have to wait until a certain day to find out what it is. 9 times out of 10, you asked me what I wanted - so either it's what I told you, or I don't give a damn, so just get it over with!

Sorry, a little off topic there.... The viddoc was cool, for a viddoc. I want this game NOW! :p

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-15-2012, 03:59 AM
its supposed to give you a insight into the game how is made, not a 3 minute COD Dubstep L337 trailer. ViDocs have been a staple of Halos since 2007. its not for people who have small attention spans.

Homaz
09-15-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't like the style of the new enemies. The "Elite" just reminds me of the Big Sister in Bioshock 2 and is way to fast for an halo enemy. That's something totally new.

ZingZitang
09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
While it wouldnt really be ironic until Halo 5 came out, I think it would be funny if everyone was like "humanity is a virus and should be purged" and then the flood and precursor shows up and wreck everyone's shit. And then it's a race to try to remember how the humans (forerunner era) found a cure to beat the flood.

Massive Spoilers for Primordium:

As Far as I understand it, Humans never found a Cure for the Flood. Humans just were not the Floods intended target. From what I recall, the Precursors sent the Flood to destroy the Forerunners, and when the Flood encountered Humanity, they battled Humanity for a while, maybe gathering strength to combat the Forerunner. And then the Flood eventually just stopped attacking Human DNA.

MixMaker1
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Massive Spoilers for Primordium:

As Far as I understand it, Humans never found a Cure for the Flood. Humans just were not the Floods intended target. From what I recall, the Precursors sent the Flood to destroy the Forerunners, and when the Flood encountered Humanity, they battled Humanity for a while, maybe gathering strength to combat the Forerunner. And then the Flood eventually just stopped attacking Human DNA.

Interesting... just one thing
That's IF we believe the Primordial. ;)

LickableLemons7
09-17-2012, 08:31 PM

I guess humans could all infect themselves with Boren's syndrome. It stopped Sgt. Johnson from being infected by The Flood, so it most likely could save the entire human race too.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Boren%27s_syndrome

Vectorman953
09-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Sorry to change gears here, but in the newest issue of Game Informer, I just read the line
"the Prometheans are undoubtedly Forerunner citizens. They are in thrall and work for the forerunner civilization, or whatever is left of it," O'Connor says. "even so, they don't represent the entirety of the forerunner culture"

So, that answers that.

It continues "... Moreover, why do these once proud fighters now appear as robotic entities? We're they always this way? "It's a mistake to think of them as simple robots," says O'Connor, "but they are directed - they have a general, of sorts"

fastNcurious
09-18-2012, 01:22 AM
"It's a mistake to think of them as simple robots," says O'Connor, "but they are directed - they have a general, of sorts"

I predict a boss fight right there. :)

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-18-2012, 02:01 AM
how would a guy get a job as that dissolve effect guy

MixMaker1
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
how would a guy get a job as that dissolve effect guy
It's animations, engineering and artists. Technical stuff/computer science etc.

ZingZitang
09-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Interesting... just one thing
That's IF we believe the Primordial. ;)
Touche Good Sir. Good Point indeed.