PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft register Halo 7,8,9 domains...

theNomad
09-14-2012, 02:51 PM
:eek:
hahaha we'll be playing Halo into our senior citizen years.

"ahhh when I was a boy our spartans had a DMR and a warthog, we didn't need any of this fancy stuff they brought in with Halo 7 to compete with Destiny."

I must be honest though I'm glad they're planning on life after the Forerunner/Promethean trilogy.

http://i46.tinypic.com/23uap28.jpg

Source : http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/14/halo-789-domains-registered-by-microsoft/

iBuzz7S
09-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Covering their asses, in case they wanted to milk another trilogy.

Well at least one thing is for sure, Microsoft have no ideas for something new, so they are going to run with Halo for another generation of gaming.

RBmaster9345
09-14-2012, 03:26 PM
I really hope they dont actually do this. Even though Im not complaining, I think this current trilogy is stretchin it already.

MixMaker1
09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Announcing Halo as a trilogy was disappointing in the sense that they will have to KILL it with the storylines as people know there are two more games, confirmed.

Not sure how I feel about this - if anything, prequels, expansions into the Forerunner days would be coo.

JASEL84
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Halo 9^^ WTF

EMP
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Unless they do a HD remake of Halo 2 for the 360 I hope that Halo 4 is the last of this consoles. Halo is fun at times, but no need to bruise the utters out of this cow.

ModernSith2010
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I have no problem with this, I've enjoyed all the Halo's even Reach which people complain about as it let you see into the fall of Reach. As long as they have decent stories written what does it matter and let's not forget ODST and Reach were only meant as fill in stories not the real deal. At least by the looks of this they have a plan and are not just shoving something out like Activition with COD

theNomad
09-14-2012, 04:36 PM
:p
Imagine the merchandise Microsoft will be selling to original players by the time 9 comes around.

Halo 9: Alzheimer Edition - containing everything you got in 7 & 8 but just don't remember.

UNSC emblazoned denture jars and slippers.

And their highly collectable Warthog range of Mobility Scooters
_________

TBH I don't mind so long as its every 3 or so years until the next sequel, not like COD or EA sports titles and a yearly cash cow thats not progressed enough from the previous years release.

CMCX360
09-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Halo 7 to be the last game on the next console, Halos 8 and 9 to come out on the console after that?

DEG23
09-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Wow, MS registering domain names for their most successful selling franchise on xbox, a franchise that currently has hordes of people over analysing every single detail and screenshot of their latest game and people complain they're milking the series and have run out of ideas, wow.

(^^^that was sarcasm for all of you new to the internet.)

MS are just covering their tracks, and why wouldn't they, Halo is their biggest selling franchise and if left too late, domain names can become very expensive.

LickableLemons7
09-15-2012, 01:20 AM
I appreciate that Microsoft and 343i are trying to look ahead and keep Halo going, but they shouldn't keep going with Master Chief. He's 47 years old at the start of Halo 4, and who knows how old he'll be by the end of Halo 6, depending on the time gaps between each game. Give him a nice retirement, forget Halo 7-9, and continue expanding the franchise by selling more books, Legos/Mega Blocks, maybe a short viral web series, etc.

Der Fuhrer
09-15-2012, 02:36 AM
I figure they probably are doing that just in case, I mean their is no way they are actually planning games that wouldn't be out until the Xbox 720 (or whatever) has run its lifespan.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-15-2012, 03:49 AM
they are doing it so domain squatters cant have it. use your brains people

Homaz
09-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Halo 9 :D Made my day!

CHIRUNO99
09-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Just wait until they can get hold of the LEGO IP, then they get to remake every game again, but with Lego.

And the same with Knex.

sum1_superior
09-16-2012, 12:16 PM
:p

"And their highly collectable Warthog range of Mobility Scooters!
_________

Forget the Halo games.... I WANT THIS!! OAP'S battling it out on the streets, racing for there pensions and Werthers Originals!! Looking forward to getting old now!!

Homaz
09-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Just wait until they can get hold of the LEGO IP, then they get to remake every game again, but with Lego.

And the same with Knex.

Lego Halo would be awesome. My girlfriend loves the lego games, but she hates halo.
Would love to play LEGO halo with her :D

Kunduz
09-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Finish the fight AGAIN!(and then a couple of more times for good measure)

Ceris
09-16-2012, 03:57 PM

And the same with Knex.
Fuck the LEGOs, let's get some K'nex games!:woop: I know I personally love K'nex more than LEGOs Less noisy:p

Vectorman953
09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
You know what's better than a Lego Halo videogame? (not much)

An actual lego halo set. Screw those horrible looking Mega-Blocks. It's not the same, and no one can convince me otherwise. Lego wouldn't have made the Foward Unto Dawn look like crap.

Finish the fight AGAIN!(and then a couple of more times for good measure)
Keep finishing the fight! The second you stop buying our games the covenant win! Do you want cortana to become infected with the flood?

Theres actually a perfect video for this thread - I'm trying to find it, so I'll post it sometime later.

Burnout x360a
09-17-2012, 02:23 PM

And the same with Knex.

That'd be so badass, I love LEGO games.

Vectorman953
09-18-2012, 06:06 AM
Found the video. Now obviously it's pretty old, but it's still HILARIOUS.

Halo: The Future of Gaming - YouTube

Walecs360
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM

And the same with Knex.

Oh my LOG let's hope so!

You know what's better than a Lego Halo videogame? (not much)
Lego James Bond! :P