PDA

View Full Version : New Cheat system for GHIII

|oneyedNewb|
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
im not sure if this should be posted here or in the gutair hero 3 forums, but if i have it wrong... feel free to move.
"No longer will we be sitting at the title screen hammering frets until the words "Cheat Enabled" pop up. You first go into the options menu, then select the Cheats option. The cheat menu comes up now, and the first thing you will likely notice is the 8 or so slots full of question marks. That's right, when you unlock a cheat by entering the correct combination of notes, it stays unlocked and all you have to do is select and activate it. No more memorizing OBOYOBOY to enable Hyperspeed!

That's actually not too exciting is it? Good thing that's not the cool part. The cool part is how you actually enter the codes. Once you select the "Enter Cheat" option, a digital fretboard will slide onto the screen, hold a fret and strum on your axe, and enjoy the sound coming out of your speakers. Each fret and chord registers a different guitar sound, kinda like the free play part of the training session in Guitar Hero 1. So each cheat code is a certain combination of frets and chords, most of these cheats actually sound like a famous guitar riff or sound, like one of the cheats sounded like a riff from One.

I fully expect to see YouTube videos of people making music or playing totally sweet versions of famous riffs.

So, now that that's out of the way, what about the cheats? Well, I can talk about the new Hyperspeed, and that's about it. So Hyperspeed now has five, read it, five different settings. Setting it to 1 is a little slower than Guitar Hero 2 Hyperspeed, 2 seems about comparable, 5 is ****ing nuts. I set it to 5 and played Paint It Black, I wouldn't see myself playing it that way normally, but it's fun to mess around in."
not sure how new this is, but here you go.

Link (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25154)

codedigital
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
im not sure if this should be posted here or in the gutair hero 3 forums, but if i have it wrong... feel free to move.

not sure how new this is, but here you go.

Link (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25154)

Not new...but still news I forgot to post here. Good job.

|oneyedNewb|
09-12-2007, 08:36 PM
cheers mate.

destruktive
09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Can't wait to have some fun with that one :)

skatersurf
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
It does sound pretty sweet...does anyone know if they're coming out with a demo???

Birky
09-13-2007, 01:04 AM
It does sound pretty sweet...does anyone know if they're coming out with a demo???

Ya its going to be on the Tony Hawk's Proving ground disc. Then like two weeks after that for free on the market place.

skatersurf
09-13-2007, 01:18 AM
so whens the date for the marketplace release cuz theres no way im buying tony hawk lol...and is it gonna have online?

Th3 Apache Dog
09-13-2007, 01:19 AM
so whens the date for the marketplace release cuz theres no way im buying tony hawk lol...and is it gonna have online? I think it's a couple days before the game comes out:wtf...Maybe the 22nd...not too sure

DoM cAbAn
09-13-2007, 03:06 AM
and is it gonna have online?

Yes, Guitar Hero 3 will have online.

I think this is pretty cool, the new cheat system. It does get annoying having to enter the cheat for Hyperspeed all the time. :p

Spot2009
09-13-2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah I heard it was around 22nd (demo).

Anyway, this does need to be in the GHIII forum. There's really no relevance to GH2 except for the fact that it's a totally new cheat system, but won't appear in GH2.

skatersurf
09-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Yes, Guitar Hero 3 will have online.

I think this is pretty cool, the new cheat system. It does get annoying having to enter the cheat for Hyperspeed all the time. :p

I know its gonna have online I was asking if its gonna have it in the demo

Spot2009
09-13-2007, 03:38 AM
I don't think they will have an online demo unless it was announced before, but would be very cool.

DoM cAbAn
09-13-2007, 04:58 AM
I know its gonna have online I was asking if its gonna have it in the demo

Oh, I'm sorry. Misunderstood you. :p I doubt it'll have an online demo because every demo that I've downloaded so far hasn't had online.

Crimsonthrone
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Were gonna have to wait for people to find out cheat codes for GH3 so no hyperspeed for a few days :(

jonnyhallsworth
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
sounds pretty cool actually, well cooler than the old way

skatersurf
09-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah this new cheat system at least makes things more interesting :p but there are some demos that have online like shadowrun, and rainbow. But your probably right even though it would be really cool if they had online

P1NSEEKER
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Moved to GH3 board ;)

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 03:29 PM
i am a bit pissed about it though, i mean all the those weeks playing at normal speed for what? just to get 5 types of hyperspeed thrown at you lol

Crimsonthrone
09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
i am a bit pissed about it though, i mean all the those weeks playing at normal speed for what? just to get 5 types of hyperspeed thrown at you lol

yeah but i bet it will be well fun to play on 5 types of hyper speed i wanna see the fastest one does anybody have a video?

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
youtube is you're friend :) but i dow't that they'll have anything uploaded though

Dr Buttcrack
09-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Yea, I think this is awesome. I just hope the cheat menu is easily accessable, cause I can activate Hyperspeed in like 2 seconds in GH2.

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
looks pretty accessable mate.

jiggle 101
09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
thanks for this :woop:im so happy about this being in gh3

UTSBlaze
09-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I just hope I can use hyperspeed online. If I can't, I'm dead.

Frantic Killer4
09-15-2007, 02:03 AM
I just hope I can use hyperspeed online. If I can't, I'm dead.
amen brother if there is not i am also dead. ahhhhh i regret ever putting that cheat in lol

Th3 Apache Dog
09-15-2007, 02:08 AM
ahhhhh i regret ever putting that cheat in lol So do I.:(

Spot2009
09-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Lol, I don't use Hyperspeed at all. I think that messes me up.

Anyway, this new system will definitely make people become more creative, making their own solos/song sections for a song. Will be very interesting.

|oneyedNewb|
09-15-2007, 09:55 AM
well if you're not gonna use hyperspeed to help you with achievements i think hyperspeed 1 is slower than the hyperspeed we have now?
i really need to start reading my own threads lol :p but it would be fun trying out hyperspeed 5 and creating our own riffs and such.